With a healthy blend of cream cheese and butter, this “Don’t tell the doctor dip” recipe lives right up to its name.
Delicious ranch seasoned and crunchy bacon round out what many call “crack dip” and will make your next party a serious hit.
Why you will love making this TikTok Dip Recipe!
Everyone loves a cream cheese dip – This cream cheese dip loaded with cheddar cheese and bacon is a cold-style dip that pairs perfectly with tortilla chips and Fritos and is thick enough for cut vegetables.
Everyone loves a cream cheese based dip as it holds super well onto the dippers.
Quick and Easy – Many dip recipes take many more ingredients and time, but not this doctor’s dip! It’s done in minutes with just mixing and can be ready almost instantly for parties, potlucks, football games, and tailgating.
Similar to a boat dip, this dip is fantastic for hot summer days.
Where did this Doctor Dip Recipe come from?
This excellent dip was spotted on TikTok by a fantastic channel called How to BBQ Right, and you should follow all the wonderful recipes and grill tips this creator has to offer. See the full recipe video below –
- block of cream cheese and a stick of butter
- sour cream
- real mayonnaise
- dry ranch seasoning
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese (or any shredded cheese flavor you love will work)
- chopped green onions
- Frito scoops or potato chips for serving. If you prefer to serve with veggies, try sliced bell peppers and carrot sticks. Dip also goes well with baguette slices that are golden brown from a broiler first.
How to make Don’t Tell the Doctor Dip
- Set aside one tablespoon of cooked and chopped bacon.
- Mix cream cheese and butter with a mixer until blended well.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, and ranch seasoning, and blend well.
- Fold in the remaining bacon and cheese and spoon into a serving bowl. Top with reserved bacon and chopped green onions before serving with your favorite chip or dip option.
Expert Dip Tips
- I didn’t add a ton of onions into the mix, and I think it’s better this way!
- I use a hand mixer. I find it blends thick things like cream cheese and butter better.
- Soften butter by leaving it on the counter, unwrapped, for about 30 minutes before cooking. You can soften it on defrost in the microwave to speed things up, but be careful not to MELT the butter completely, or it will be mushy. It just needs to be softened enough to blend.
- Have any “Don’t tell the doctor dip” left over? Try adding to baked potatoes as a topping!
- Mix this dip by skipping the ranch seasoning and adding a taco seasoning packet instead!
Finish out the Party Snacks
Look at all the fabulous appetizer recipes here and pick what is perfect for your gathering!
Related Viral Recipes
- The incredible TikTok Greek Dip recipe is an excellent blend of store-bought hummus and tabouli. FULL of flavor!
- They call this bootydip recipe by its playful name because overeating results in a big booty!
- Need a healthy dip? Try this peanut butter di,p perfect for apples.
- The crock pot is a great way to enjoy hot melty cheese dips – try our favorites – this Crockpot Cheeseburger dip recipe, crockpot Velveeta Cheese dip recipe, and slow cooker sausage queso dip.
- Lastly, 2021 was a massive year for feta cheese recipes. Try Whipped Feta Cranberry Dip and this creamy Whipped Feta Olive dip recipe.