Hot bacon spinach dip is an incredibly creamy and cheesy dip that is loaded up with delicious bacon for the most perfect game day or party appetizer.
While there is no shortage of cheesy dip or favorite party dip recipes this one is in high demand at parties and makes wonderful football game day food.
Serve up with favorite vegetables or dip with pita chips, the loaded creamy ingredients makes this recipe one of the all-time best cheese dip recipes to enjoy.
Why you will love Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip
- There is no doubt that traditional spinach dip with artichokes is the more common of most spinach dips, but this dip relies on the delicious taste of family favorite bacon instead. There is no doubt that the combination of spinach and cream cheese combined with bacon provides the cheesiest, most delicious, and easy dip that you can serve up to a party – quickly.
- The dip can easily be done with fresh slices of bacon or a saved time method with premade or bagged real bacon.
- Cream cheese – make sure the block of cream cheese is left out about 15 minutes before making the recipe, so it’s softened. This makes working with cream cheese a lot easier.
- Frozen spinach – No need to thaw frozen spinach; break apart so you can mix.
- Onion – One of my favorite ways to dice up onions is to use an onion dicer. It makes cutting onions a breeze with no tears.
- Sour cream – As noted below, there are substitutions for sour cream if you prefer.
- Cheese – Use shredded Mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese in this garlic bacon spinach dip.
- Seasonings – Minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, and ground black pepper
- Bacon – When busy holiday seasons come around, I love taking shortcuts and using bagged pre-cooked bacon or bacon bits. However, there is no substitute for the real thing. If you have an air fryer, air fry bacon and use fresh for the most flavor with the taste of fresh bacon grease and crispy bacon.
How to make Warm Bacon & Spinach Dip
NOTE: Preheat oven to 350.
- Start by adding softened and cubed cream cheese to a mixing bowl.
- Now add minced garlic.
- Dice and add fresh white onion.
- Measure and break apart frozen spinach and add to bowl. It defrosts pretty quickly and that is fine.
- Finish by adding remaining ingredients including sour cream, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and mix until combined well.
- Spread mixture into an 8×8 baking pan or large 12-inch cast-iron skillet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven. Top with an additional bacon layer and broil for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm with sliced bread.
- Instead of bagged real bacon, crumble up ten strips of freshly cooked bacon for this recipe.
- Want some extra flavor? Add sliced green onions, green chilies, red pepper flakes, or a little tabasco to increase the heat.
- Reserve some extra slices of bacon to add to the top as the party dip gets eaten up. This will ensure that as this appetizer recipe gets eaten to the bottom, you can continuously sprinkle lots of generous crunchy bacon for the top layer again.
- Want to skip the sour cream? Substitute for real mayonnaise or unflavored Greek yogurt.
Dippers for Bacon Dip
A crunch is necessary for spinach dip lovers, so toasted french bread, tortilla chips, or crackers are perfect choices. Cheesy spinach dip is also a great dip to enjoy some vegetables, so try carrots, celery, or sliced-up bell peppers for a beautiful spread.
Related Hot Party Dip Recipes
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Dip
- Hot Caprese Dip
- Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Sweet Cappucchino Dip
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- TikTok Hot Cocoa Dip
Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese - softened and cubed
- 1 cup frozen spinach - defrost and squeeze excess moisture
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese - separate into 1 cup and 1/2 cup
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2.5 oz real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together softened and cubed cream cheese, broken apart spinach, diced white onion, sour cream, 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper until combined well.
- Spread spinach dip mixture into an 8×8 baking pan and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese on top of the dip.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove bacon spinach dip from the oven.
- Top with additional real bacon bits and broil for 2 minutes. Make sure to keep an eye on broiling as some ovens broil hot and fast and you do not want to burn the top. The top should just be a nice golden brown on the bacon and cheese.
- Serve immediately while warm with sliced bread, toasted crostini, tortilla chips or a variety of vegetables like celery, carrots, and bell peppers.