Oven-roasted red pepper combined with delicious gouda cheese makes the best and most delightful fall Red Pepper Gouda Soup recipe ever.
Smooth heavy cream with authentic ingredients is the perfect homemade warm and ready soup that will taste restaurant-made but from your kitchen.
You will love this easy and delicious seasonal soup that combines the amazing flavor profiles of Roasted Red Pepper Soup and smokey gouda cheese.
Why you will love red pepper soup
Fresh Vegetables: Red peppers are incredibly easy to find year-round, and the extra step of charring and peel them are worth the extra flavor.
Super Viral Recipe: We all love a good viral recipe. After all, hot chocolate cocoa bombs (yes, we were the source of the ORIGINAL copycat recipe), TikTok ramen, and TikTok Twisted bacon didn’t come across our palates without being shared! You will love how creamy and cozy this soup is.
Initially, many versions cropped up from TikTok. In fact, there were so many recipes that this FYP-ready soup not only moved into our streams but our hearts. This version is how we decided to make it!
Excuse to use uncommon Gouda cheese: Gouda has a milder flavor than other cheeses like cheddar. The combination of sweet roasted red peppers and savory gouda makes this soup so unique. Of course, any smoked cheese topping will do in a pinch, but it’s worth the extra effort to grab some for this creamy soup.
- Fresh red peppers – You cant make roasted red pepper soup with the red peppers! The peppers – I’d say cook a little longer than you think. You want the skin to easily peel off the pepper, and that’s best if you can see it happening/burning/splitting the skin while it’s cooking. It isn’t hard to get the skins off; it’s just a little more time-consuming if they don’t slide right off. If the skin is burnt, the pepper under it should be fine, nice, and red, so don’t worry if they begin to turn black.
- Chicken broth – I prefer the salt content and flavor in chicken broth, but a substitution that would be fine is vegetable broth (vegetable stock). If you want to cook a vegetarian soup, you must alter chicken brother to vegetable broth.
- Heavy whipping cream – Savory bisque and soups do best with whole whipping cream. Do not substitute for lighter versions, half and half, or milk unless necessary. This is because the thick and creamy liquid not only provides the best consistency but the overall best flavor. You could quickly thin out the soup by over-adding milk.
- Gouda cheese – Taste buds say yes when smokey gouda is added to piping hot soup. And it’s OK to be generous – turn red pepper soup into more of a smoked gouda soup by adding as much smokey flavor as you want.
- Toppings – Overall, we just added cheese, but crusty bread or homemade croutons work fantastic and provide fantastic flavor.
How to make TikTok Red Pepper Gouda Soup
- Preheat the oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy clean-up. Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and stems.
- Place red peppers cut side down onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until skins are bubbly and separate from the peppers. Remove from oven and cool.
- Remove skins and set peppers aside.
- In a large stockpot, add celery, onion, and butter. Heat over medium heat until onions are tender. Add spices, broth, and peppers. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Stir to break up peppers as best as you can.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup smooth.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream.
- Serve topped with shredded gouda cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
How to store leftover soup
As always, seal any leftover soup in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Expert Cooking Tips
Always use an Immersion blender – When making homemade soup recipes, an immersion blender is a must. Immersion blenders are small blenders that are easy to add to a stockpot or dutch oven without pouring the soup into a blender.
While a blender would work in theory, the ingredients are super hot, and you risk burning yourself. We never recommend pouring a hot soup into a blender.
Vary the spices: While this recipe has a ton of exceptional spices, one thing the original recipe is missing is garlic. While we didn’t add it, a dash of garlic powder or roasted garlic can enhance this recipe’s delicious flavors or depth of flavor.
Garlic also brings an incredible flavor level to the natural smoke flavor of Gouda cheese.
Related Viral Soup Recipes
- Easy, Cheesy, and so filling, this Hamburger Soup Recipe combines some of life’s best ingredients into the most comfort food ever.
- Holiday seasons deserve the most buttery and fall-friendly veggie – make sure to make creamy, silky, Butternut Squash Soup.
- Soups cousin, hearty chili, has so many variations you can eat it every night and have it change up. Try one of our favorites – Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe, which takes a fast food favorite and brings it right to your kitchen.
Connect with Us!