Snicker apple salad is a fluffy dessert salad that is just PERFECT for picnics and potlucks. With sweet and tart green apples, whipped topping and hoards of Snickers candy bars, the kids are gonna be tackling each other to get a taste of this amazingly fluffy and so, so good, dessert Snicker salad.
Snickers bars are so dang good and with the crunchy peanuts and the chewy caramel you just can’t go wrong. Fold your candy up into a creamy pudding and whipped topping and you have yourself the perfect dessert salad recipe that takes no time at all.
A side dish and a dessert in one? CHECK AND CHECK!
Unlike old fashioned Watergate salad or classic fruit ambrosia salad, Snickers Apple Salad has a whipped topping base over pudding and no mini marshmallows. Even without the marshmallows, the white chocolate pudding is a great comfort food balance to the delicious crunchy green apples and pieces of Snickers candy bars. This recipe is often also called “Taffy Apple Salad”.
Snickers Salad Ingredients
Before getting started on Snickers Salad with caramel sauce, verify you have all fluff salad ingredients on hand. Scroll to the bottom for a printable recipe, including all measurements and instructions.
- Hershey’s white chocolate instant pudding
- whipped topping
- snickers candy bars
- granny smith apples
- caramel sauce (optional prior to serving)
How to make Snicker Apple Salad
The recipe for Snicker Caramel Apple Salad is fairly straight forward. Start with prepping all ingredients – cutting up apples, candy bars and making pudding base.
Take care to use bite sized pieces otherwise the salad will be really heavy and dense. Cutting down the apples and snickers pieces makes sure that each bite contains flavors of both versus one ingredient dominating the spoon.
Additionally, Snickers bars are ooey and gooey with caramel (part of what makes them a delicious candy treat) but having larger bites are harder for most people to chew on.
This Snickers Salad recipe is likely from your youth. I know my grandmother used to keep this one on all the Thanksgiving tables right at kid level (because that’s what grandmas do). This version of Snicker Apple Salad includes white chocolate instant pudding, which I find super creamy and full of dessert flavor.
But its fine to use vanilla pudding or other flavored puddings as well.
The key to this dessert salad is that it needs time to get that light and fluffy texture, so gently folding in whipped topping and giving at least an hour in the fridge is a must for the best consistency.
Now before anyone argues with me on this being a salad, you are correct in that it is not a vegetable salad side dish. This is a dessert salad and no, it has zero nutritional value.
But it does have emotional value and that counts too!
Caramel Apple Salad
Optionally, add a bit of caramel drizzle on each individual serving. Snickers Salad makes 4 cups and is a very sweet creamy dessert recipe.
Can you substitute Snickers for other Candy Bars?
Snickers salad may be a classic favorite as a potluck side and traditionally always has candy bars like Snickers (hence the name) but there really are so many other variations.
Add marshmallows, pecans, bananas, grapes (instead of apples) or rinsed off maraschino cherries to mix it up. Additionally, its fine to skip the Snickers and opt for one of these other chocolaty goodies:
- Snickers Hazelnut
- Snickers Pecan
- Snickers Almond
- Mars Bars
- Milky Way
- Baby Ruth
- 100 Grand
How Long does Snickers Salad Last?
As with all dessert salads with dairy, the fluff starts to fall apart after a bit, so we recommend eating and enjoying within 1-2 days.
More Potluck Recipes
This simple ingredient salad is not the only no bake dessert you can serve at the next potluck, church event or party! Here are some additional all time favorite potluck and recipes ideas that will disappear from hungry hands quick, quick, quick!
- This Apple Pie Fluff Salad made with apple pie filling and vanilla wafers is also a super easy fluff salad.
- Throw back to Funfetti Dip, which makes a great sweet appetizer dip.
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Potlucks and picnics need dessert, and nothing is more delicious than grabbing a square of Peanut Butter Fudge.
- Colored marshmallows are the start in this Fruit Salad fluff.
- Much like this dessert salad, Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad also has a pudding base smothering seasonal fruits.
Snickers Apple Salad
- 1 package - 3.4 oz. white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package - 8 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- 6 full size snickers candy bars – chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 granny smith apples – diced
- Before you get started, prep ingredients by making sure whipped topping is thawed, green apples are diced into bite sized pieces, and chop up 4 Snickers bars into 1 inch or less pieces. Do not cut apples BEFORE you are ready to make salad, as apples began browning when they are cut.
- Add INSTANT pudding and milk together in a large bowl.
- Whisk well until combined and no longer gritty and dry powder is fully immersed.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping/.
- Now add 4 Snickers bars that have been cut into pieces and two diced green apples to whipped topping and pudding mixture.
- Make sure apples and snickers bars are fully immersed.
- Refrigerate Snicker Apple Salad for 1 hour (best served cold!).
- Prior to serving, cut remaining 2 candy bars into smaller decorative pieces and sprinkle on top of serving bowl OR individually portioned bowls.
- Optionally Drizzle on squeezable caramel sauce.