Snicker apple salad is a fluffy dessert salad that is just PERFECT for picnics and potlucks. With sweet and tart green apples, whipped topping and hoards of Snickers candy bars, the kids are gonna be tackling each other to get a taste of this amazingly fluffy and so, so good, dessert Snicker salad.
Snickers bars are so dang good and with the crunchy peanuts and the chewy caramel you just can’t go wrong. Fold your candy up into a creamy pudding and whipped topping and you have yourself the perfect dessert salad recipe that takes no time at all.
A side dish and a dessert in one? CHECK AND CHECK!
Unlike old fashioned Watergate salad or classic fruit ambrosia salad, Snickers Apple Salad has a whipped topping base over pudding and no mini marshmallows. Even without the marshmallows, the white chocolate pudding is a great comfort food balance to the delicious crunchy green apples and pieces of Snickers candy bars. This recipe is often also called “Taffy Apple Salad”.
Snickers Salad Ingredients
Before getting started on Snickers Salad with caramel sauce, verify you have all fluff salad ingredients on hand. Scroll to the bottom for a printable recipe, including all measurements and instructions.
- Hershey’s white chocolate instant pudding
- whipped topping
- snickers candy bars
- granny smith apples
- caramel sauce (optional prior to serving)
How to make Snicker Apple Salad
The recipe for Snicker Caramel Apple Salad is fairly straight forward. Start with prepping all ingredients – cutting up apples, candy bars and making pudding base. Take care to use bite sized pieces otherwise the salad will be really heavy and dense. Cutting down the apples and snickers pieces makes sure that each bite contains flavors of both versus one ingredient dominating the spoon.
Additionally, Snickers bars are ooey and gooey with caramel (part of what makes them a delicious candy treat) but having larger bites are harder for most people to chew on.
- Add instant white chocolate pudding and milk together in a large bowl.
- Whisk well until combined and the pudding is no longer gritty.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping.
- Cut 4 full sized snickers bars into 1/2″ bite size pieces.
- Cut apples into bite size pieces ( no need to peel).
- Add Snickers candy bar pieces and diced Granny Smith apples to creamy white chocolate pudding base and mix well.
- Refrigerate snickers salad for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Pudding will continue to thicken on being cold.
- Cut remaining Snickers bars and sprinkle on top prior of dessert fluff salad before serving.
- Optionally, add a bit of caramel drizzle on each individual serving.
- Snickers Salad makes 4 cups and is a very sweet creamy dessert recipe.
Can you substitute Snickers for other Candy Bars?
Absolutely! You can substitute any candy bars in place of Snickers! Even Snickers has substitute for their own candies.
- Snickers Hazelnut
- Snickers Pecan
- Snickers Almond
- Mars Bars
- Milky Way
- Baby Ruth
- 100 Grand
More Potluck Recipes
- This Apple Pie Fluff Salad made with apple pie filling and vanilla wafers is also a super easy fluff salad.
- Throw back to Funfetti Dip, which makes a great sweet appetizer dip.
- Potlucks and picnics need dessert, and nothing is more delicious than grabbing a square of Peanut Butter Fudge.
- Colored marshmallows are the start in this Fruit Salad fluff.
- Much like this dessert salad, Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad also has a pudding base smothering seasonal fruits.
- 1 package, 3.4 oz. white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package, 8 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- 6 full size snickers candy bars - chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 granny smith apples - diced
- Before you get started, prep ingredients by making sure whipped topping is thawed, green apples are diced into bite sized pieces, and chop up 4 Snickers bars into 1 inch or less pieces. Do not cut apples BEFORE you are ready to make salad, as apples began browning when they are cut.
- Add INSTANT pudding and milk together in a large bowl.
- Whisk well until combined and no longer gritty and dry powder is fully immersed.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping/.
- Now add 4 Snickers bars that have been cut into pieces and two diced green apples to whipped topping and pudding mixture.
- Make sure apples and snickers bars are fully immersed.
- Refrigerate Snicker Apple Salad for 1 hour (best served cold!).
- Prior to serving, cut remaining 2 candy bars into smaller decorative pieces and sprinkle on top of serving bowl OR individually portioned bowls.
- Optionally Drizzle on squeezable caramel sauce.
Can you substitute Snickers for other Candy?
Absolutely! You can substitute any candy bars in place of Snickers! Even Snickers has substitute for their own candies. Try the Snickers Hazelnut or Pecan in this salad - yum!
Can you substitute white chocolate pudding for other pudding flavors?
Yes, you sure can. Just make sure the flavor matches the candies you choose to use. Vanilla would also be a great choice for Snickers.
How long can you store Snickers Salad?
I am funny about storing dairy products as salads like this tend to water down when in the fridge too long. I would not store this salad longer than 2 days. Make sure its stirred well prior to serving.
Variations: Add 1 cup of mini marshmallows to really "fluff up" the salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.