Snicker apple salad is a fluffy dessert salad that is just PERFECT for picnics and potlucks.
With sweet and tart green apples, whipped topping, and hoards of Snickers candy bars, the kids are gonna be tackling each other to get a taste of this amazingly fluffy and so, so good, dessert Snicker salad.
Why you will love making this Fluff Salad!
Snickers bars are so dang good, and with the crunchy peanuts and the chewy caramel, you can’t go wrong.
Fold your candy up into a creamy pudding and whipped topping, and you have yourself the perfect dessert salad recipe that takes no time at all.
A side dish and a dessert in one? CHECK AND CHECK!
Unlike old-fashioned Watergate salad or classic fruit ambrosia salad, Snickers Apple Salad has a whipped topping base over pudding and no mini marshmallows.
Even without the marshmallows, the white chocolate pudding is a great comfort food balance to the delicious crunchy green apples and pieces of Snickers candy bars. This recipe is often also called “Taffy Apple Salad.”
Snickers Salad Ingredients
Before starting Snickers Salad with caramel sauce, verify you have all fluff salad ingredients on hand.
- Hershey’s white chocolate instant pudding
- whipped topping
- snickers candy bars
- granny smith apples
- caramel sauce (optional before serving)
How to make Snicker Apple Salad
The recipe for Snicker Caramel Apple Salad is fairly straightforward. Start with prepping all ingredients – cutting up apples and candy bars and making pudding base.
Use bite-sized pieces otherwise, the salad will be heavy and dense. Cutting down the apples and snickers pieces ensures that each bite contains flavors of both versus one ingredient dominating the spoon.
Additionally, Snickers bars are ooey and gooey with caramel (part of what makes them a delicious candy treat) but having larger bites are harder for most people to chew on.
- Before you start, prep ingredients by making sure the whipped topping is thawed, green apples are diced into bite-sized pieces, and chop up 4 Snickers bars into 1 inch or less pieces. Do not cut apples BEFORE you are ready to make a salad, as apples begin browning when they are cut.
- Add INSTANT pudding and milk together in a large bowl.
- Whisk well until combined and no longer gritty and dry powder is fully immersed.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping.
- Now add 4 Snickers bars that have been cut into pieces and two diced green apples to the whipped topping and pudding mixture.
- Make sure apples and snickers bars are fully immersed.
- Refrigerate Snicker Apple Salad for 1 hour (best served cold!).
- Before serving, cut the remaining two candy bars into smaller decorative pieces and sprinkle them on top of the serving bowl OR individually portioned bowls.
- Optionally Drizzle on squeezable caramel sauce.
This Snickers Salad recipe is likely from your youth. My grandmother used to keep this one on all the Thanksgiving tables at the kid level (because that’s what grandmas do). This version of Snicker Apple Salad includes white chocolate instant pudding, which I find super creamy and full of dessert flavor.
But it’s fine to use vanilla pudding or other flavored puddings as well.
The key to this dessert salad is that it needs time to get that light and fluffy texture, so gently folding in whipped topping and giving it at least an hour in the fridge is a must for the best consistency.
Now before anyone argues with me on this being a salad, you are correct in that it is not a vegetable salad side dish. This is a dessert salad, and no, it has zero nutritional value.
But it does have emotional value, and that counts too!
Caramel Apple Salad
Optionally, add a bit of caramel drizzle on each individual serving. Snickers Salad makes 4 cups and is a very sweet, creamy dessert recipe.
Can you substitute Snickers for other Candy Bars?
Snickers salad may be a classic favorite as a potluck side and traditionally always has candy bars like Snickers (hence the name), but there are so many other variations.
Add marshmallows, pecans, bananas, grapes (instead of apples), or rinsed off maraschino cherries to mix it up.
Additionally, it’s fine to skip the Snickers and opt for one of these other chocolaty goodies:
- Snickers Hazelnut
- Snickers Pecan
- Snickers Almond
- Mars Bars
- Milky Way
- Baby Ruth
- 100 Grand
How Long does Snickers Salad Last?
As with all dessert salads with dairy, the fluff starts to fall apart after a bit, so we recommend eating and enjoying it within 1-2 days.
More Potluck Recipes
This simple ingredient salad is not the only no-bake dessert you can serve at the next potluck, church event, or party!
Here are some additional all-time favorite potluck and recipes ideas that will disappear from hungry hands quick, quick, quick!
- This Apple Pie Fluff Salad made with apple pie filling, and vanilla wafers is also a super easy fluff salad.
- Throwback to Funfetti Dip, which makes a great sweet appetizer dip.
- Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- Potlucks and picnics need dessert, and nothing is more delicious than grabbing a square of Peanut Butter Fudge.
- Colored marshmallows are the start of this Fruit Salad fluff.
- Much like this dessert salad, Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad also has a pudding base smothering seasonal fruits.
Leave A Reply!