Fruit salad fluff with cool whip, a delicious dessert side dish that you can make ahead this holiday season. Full flavors with chunks of banana, mandarin oranges and pineapples, the fun mini marshmallows brings it all together for a perfect kid friendly and family favorite fruit salad side dish.
Fruit Salad Fluff with Cool Whip
Ready for another amazing fluff salad recipe? These light as air fluff salads make a wonderful sweet side dish perfect for the holidays but also for fun picnics and dishes you need to feed a crowd.
Made in mere minutes, you can almost stuff any fruit and cool whip together to make a super fun and sweet way to chow down on a recipe favorite.
This fluff salad is one we invented this weekend and just LOVE how it turned out. Totally full of fruit and folded with colored marshmallows, it rides the line with a traditional fruit salad with a bit of surprise in the banana pudding over the vanilla pudding.
Fruit is fun and served up along side cool whip and marshmallows its even better!
To get started, you need the following ingredients. For full measurements, head to the bottom of the post to grab a free printable version of this recipe.
- drained mandarin oranges
- chilled cool whip
- Banana Heat and Serve Pudding
- pineapple tidbits drained
- mini colored (fruit) marshmallows
- walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 cut up fresh banana into chunks
NOTE: This Salad needs TIME to fluff up! It has pudding in it and that has to thicken and fluff the marshmallows.
Fruit Fluff Salad Prep
Before making most fluff salads you need to prepare the pudding base.
You can buy a “heat and serve” pudding, which is simply your heated up milk and pudding and is ready in minutes.
Heat and serve pudding can be made on the stove or the microwave.
Even though the pudding is ready to heat and serve, its always best to let your pudding cool at least 20 minutes before making your fruit fluff salad.
An overheated pudding can melt down your cool whip, requiring a longer set time in the fridge.
Cut your time: You can buy pre-made pudding in the cold/dairy sections at the store an use that as well.
Bananas can brown over time, so feel free to add that right before serving
Fruit Fluff Salad Recipe
Combine 1 cup (box) of banana pudding and 8 oz of chilled cool whip and fold together.
Add drained fruit (full can if you want, but I used half a can), one cut up fresh banana, and half a bag of mini fruit marshmallows to the bowl and gently fold until all combined.
I left out the walnuts, but if you like a crunch like old fashioned Watergate, you can top with crushed walnuts or pecans.
I love putting mine in mini cups, adding a few extra marshmallows and whipped cream topping. SO FUN!
Fluff salad gets fluffier in the fridge, so this makes a great overnight make ahead side dish for Thanksgiving.
Fluff Salad Recipes
Make a fluff salad fruit tray! These dessert salads are inexpensive to make, full of flavor, and make a fun spread if you do more than one.
- Apple Pie Fluff Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Ambrosia Salad
- Tropical Fruit salad with Honey
- Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad
- 1/2 can of drained mandarin oranges
- 8 oz chilled cool whip
- 1 box of Banana Heat and Serve Pudding
- 1/2 can of pineapple tidbits drained
- 1/2 bag of mini colored, fruit marshmallows
- optional: walnuts or pecans
- 1 cut up banana into chunks
Prep the Pudding
- Before making most fluff salads you need to prepare the pudding base.
- You can buy a "heat and serve" pudding, which is simply your heated up milk and pudding and is ready in minutes. It can be made on the stove or the microwave. Even though the pudding is ready to heat and serve, its always best to let your pudding cool atleast 20 minutes before making your fruit fluff salad.
- An overheated pudding can melt down your cool whip, requiring a longer set time in the fridge.
- Cut your time: You can buy pre-made pudding in the cold/dairy sections at the store an use that as well
Combine the Fruit Salad Fluff
- Combine 1 cup of banana pudding and 8 oz of chilled cool whip and fold together.
- Add drained fruit (full can if you want, but I used half a can), one cut up fresh banana, and half a bag of mini fruit marshmallows to the bowl and gently fold until all combined.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours or overnight for a fluffier salad
- Top with nuts like Pecan pieces or walnuts prior to serving
If you are looking for a fruit salad with just whipped topping, that is not this- that is called an Ambrosia Salad and you can find it here
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 170Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.