Fruit salad fluff with cool whip, a delicious dessert side dish that you can make ahead this holiday season. Full flavors with chunks of banana, mandarin oranges and pineapples, the fun mini marshmallows brings it all together for a perfect kid friendly and family favorite fruit salad side dish.
Ready for another amazing fluff salad recipe?
These light as air fluff salads make a wonderful sweet side dish perfect for the holidays but also for fun picnics and dishes you need to feed a crowd. Made in mere minutes, you can almost stuff any fruit and cool whip together to make a super fun and sweet way to chow down on a recipe favorite.
This fluff salad is one we invented this weekend and just LOVE how it turned out. Totally full of fruit and folded with colored marshmallows, it rides the line with a traditional fruit salad with a bit of surprise in the banana pudding over the vanilla pudding.
Fruit Salad Fluff with Cool Whip
Fruit is fun and served up along side cool whip and marshmallows its even better!
- 1/2 can of drained mandarin oranges
- 8 oz chilled cool whip
- 1 box of Banana Heat and Serve Pudding
- 1/2 can of pineapple tidbits drained
- 1/2 bag of mini colored (fruit) marshmallows
- optional: walnuts or pecans
- 1 cut up fresh banana into chunks
Fruit Fluff Salad Prep
- Before making most fluff salads you need to prepare the pudding base.
- You can buy a “heat and serve” pudding, which is simply your heated up milk and pudding and is ready in minutes. It can be made on the stove or the microwave. Even though the pudding is ready to heat and serve, its always best to let your pudding cool at least 20 minutes before making your fruit fluff salad. An overheated pudding can melt down your cool whip, requiring a longer set time in the fridge.
- Cut your time: You can buy pre-made pudding in the cold/dairy sections at the store an use that as well
- Bananas can brown over time, so feel free to add that right before serving
Fruit Fluff Salad Recipe
Combine 1 cup (box) of banana pudding and 8 oz of chilled cool whip and fold together.
Add drained fruit (full can if you want, but I used half a can), one cut up fresh banana, and half a bag of mini fruit marshmallows to the bowl and gently fold until all combined.
I left out the walnuts, but if you like a crunch like old fashioned Watergate, you can top with crushed walnuts or pecans.
I love putting mine in mini cups, adding a few extra marshmallows and whipped cream topping. SO FUN!
Fluff salad gets fluffier in the fridge, so this makes a great overnight make ahead side dish for Thanksgiving.
Fluff Salad Recipes
Make a fluff salad fruit tray! These dessert salads are inexpensive to make, full of flavor, and make a fun spread if you do more than one.
- Apple Pie Fluff Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Ambrosia Salad
- Tropical Fruit salad with Honey
- Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad