Hawaiian cheesecake salad made with fruit is a delightful way to enjoy fresh fruits like pineapples and mangoes, all rolled into a creamy cheesecake filling.
Nothing says summer salad quite like a tropical fruit side dish, so get out your fork and let’s dig into today’s recipe.
Unlike traditional fruit salad recipes, this Hawaiian fruit salad has some extra sweet goodies! Deliciously creamy cream cheese and cheesecake pudding make this more of a dessert salad recipe than a side dish.
Stuffed tropical fruit between layers of sugary goodness, you cannot go wrong adding this to your next party.
Hawaiian Fruit Salad Ingredients
This is one of my favorite Hawaiian Side Dishes, and you will love this cheesecake fruit salad! Make sure you serve an excellent main dish like Pineapple Chicken, a great complimentary meal.
- cream cheese
- cheesecake pudding (substitute vanilla if unavailable)
- vanilla creamer
- recommended fruit: mangoes, mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, kiwi slices, fresh strawberries, and bananas.
- lemon juice
TIP: Make Hawaiian Cheesecake Salad all your own: Feel free to add the sweet flavor of more fresh fruit like guava, dragon fruit, starfruit, green grapes, or papaya to this lovely salad!
Hawaiian Cheesecake Fruit Salad Recipe
- Place the softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add the cheesecake dry pudding mix and combine thoroughly.
- Add the vanilla creamer to the softened cream cheese, approximately 1-2 tablespoons at a time to ensure a smooth consistency. (Adding it all at once will cause the mixture to be lumpy.)
- Clean and cut all fruit (except the bananas) into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the fruit with the cream cheese mixture and fold gently to ensure coverage.
- Finally, cut up the bananas and toss them with the lemon juice in a bowl to prevent browning.
- Gently add your bananas to the fruit salad.
- Chill cheesecake fruit salad until ready to serve.
Cheesecake Fruit Salad Tips
With fruits that include the uncommon flavors of mango and kiwi, you can be sure that you will be experiencing a fresh, fruity, and fabulous simple recipe that goes perfectly with delicious summer flavors and all the ways to use summer fruits.
Bold, exciting, and just a spoonful of creamy salad perfection.
Try this dish with added maraschino cherries and shredded coconut flakes.
Fold in a bit of Cool Whip and mini marshmallows to create a Hawaiian Ambrosia Salad.
This dish can be made with canned fruit over fresh fruit if available. Drain completely so the creamy fruit salad doesn’t get watery.
This recipe for the Hawaiian Fruit salad was made by a guest chef for Salty Side Dish and originally adapted from the food blog The Slow Roasted Italian.
Visit her incredible recipes for delicious ways to eat salads, chicken, pasta, and more! You can also see how she made this fruit salad and her tips here.
Hawaiian Side Dish Recipes
Move over Watergate pistachio pudding salad!
To make an entire Hawaiian-themed meal, pair this Hawaiian Cheesecake salad with Hawaiian Rice and this sweet Hawaiian Coleslaw!