This 5-minute spicy avocado jalapeno dip (also going viral as the Cardi B Dip) is perfect for serving as a mouthwateringly easy game-day appetizer or Taco Tuesday side.
With fresh, ripe avocados and cilantro leaves, say goodbye to ordinary dips and dive into pure spicy bliss.
Cardi B Dip Recipe
I love nothing better than quick and easy party dip recipes that can be replenished in minutes at a busy party.
A great alternative to guacamole, oven-baked jalapeno popper dip, or cold-served cream cheese jalapeno dip, the creaminess of the avocado, sour cream, and spices blend well with the bold flavors of jalapeno peppers and make the perfect dippable combo.
- softened cream cheese
- sour cream
- sliced jalapeno peppers
- chunks of avocado
- fresh cilantro
- seasonings: garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste
- fresh lime juice
- Tortilla chips for serving
How to make Cardi B Dip
Blend the Base: Add eight oz. of softened and cubed cream cheese in a food processor, eight oz. of sour cream, 14 oz. of sliced jalapeno peppers (along with the juice from the jar), two fresh avocados (peeled and pitted), a bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, 1 tbsp. of garlic powder, juice from 1 lime, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend everything on high for about 10 seconds.
Scrape and Smooth: After the initial blend, use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Then, process the mixture for another 10 seconds to ensure a perfectly smooth dip. Adjust the blending time to achieve the consistency you prefer.
Serve and Enjoy: Once your avocado jalapeno dip reaches a creamy and smooth texture, it’s ready to serve.
Creamy Avocado Dip Variations for Every Taste
It is so easy to alter a dip for your taste.
- For Extra Heat: Crank up the heat by adding either Sriracha hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or finely chopped serrano peppers to the avocado jalapeno mix. Start with a small amount and adjust according to your heat preference.
- For a Milder Flavor: If you want to tone down the spiciness, reduce the amount of jalapenos and add some mayonnaise or Greek yogurt. This not only brings a milder taste but also adds a creamy texture.
- Combine the avocado jalapeno dip with a can of your favorite salsa for a Chunky Avocado Salsa. This blend creates an avocado salsa, perfect for dipping or topping your favorite dishes.
Customize the Dip Consistency:
- For a Thicker Dip: If you prefer your dips to be thicker, add an additional avocado to the recipe. This will enhance the creaminess and thickness of the dip.
- For a Thinner Dip: To achieve a lighter consistency, stir in a small amount of heavy whipping cream until you reach the desired thinness.
Mouthwatering Chip Dip Recipes!
From classic favorites to unique twists, there’s something for every taste.
- Corn Dip: A crowd-pleaser, this easy-to-make dip combines corn and Rotel for a “dump-and-go” appetizer bursting with flavor.
- Crack Dip: Get hooked on this thick, creamy dip featuring a blend of cream cheese, ranch, and bacon flavors for an addictive snack experience.
Discover these and more in our dip category at Salty Side Dish. Don’t miss out on trying the “Booty Dip” – my favorite! Find your ideal dip for any occasion and make your snack platter unforgettable.
Cardi B Dip (Avocado Jalapeno Dip)
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened and cubed
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 14 oz. sliced jalapeno peppers including juice in the jar
- 2 fresh avocados
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 juice lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Blend the Base: In a food processor, combine 8 oz. of softened and cubed cream cheese, 8 oz. of sour cream, 14 oz. of sliced jalapeno peppers along with the juice from the jar, 2 fresh avocados (peeled and pitted), a bunch of fresh cilantro leaves, 1 tbsp of garlic powder, the juice of 1 lime, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend everything on high for about 10 seconds.
- Scrape and Smooth: After the initial blend, use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Then, process the mixture for another 10 seconds or until you achieve a smooth and creamy dip consistency that you're happy with. Adding more avocado thickens the dip, and a little heavy whipping cream will thin it.
- Serve and Enjoy: Your creamy avocado jalapeno dip is ready to be enjoyed! Serve it immediately with homemade tortilla chips and fresh, sliced raw vegetables for dipping.
Storing Leftover Avocado Jalapeno Dip
- Airtight Container: Move the dip into an airtight container.
- Smooth the Surface: Flatten the top with a spoon or spatula to reduce air exposure.
- Plastic Wrap Protection: Lay plastic wrap directly on the dip’s surface, covering it entirely.
- Refrigerate Promptly: Store the container in the fridge immediately.
- Enjoy Soon: For the best taste, consume within 2-3 days.
- Either siracha hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or serrano peppers can add more heat to the dish.
- Reduce the jalapenos and mix in some mayonnaise or Greek yogurt for a milder flavor.
- Mix avocado jalapeno dip and a can of your preferred salsa to make avocado salsa.
- Alter the consistency as desired by adding an additional avocado to the dip to make it thicker or a small amount of heavy whipping cream to make it thinner.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.