Fresh Broccoli Grape Salad with crunchy bacon pieces is a delicious creamy balance of the best flavors – this salad makes the most PERFECT side dish salad!
It may not seem like it, but spring is just around the corner and side dish salads will be all the rage. They are amazing for a quick lunch, perfect for get togethers, feed a family, and typically keep a few days so you can enjoy them more than once.
BROCCOLI GRAPE SALAD GROCERY LIST
Before getting started on this cold broccoli salad, make sure you have all the ingredients available.
- head of broccoli
- red grapes
- red onion
- apple cider vinegar
- white sugar
- black pepper
- sunflower seeds
How to make Broccoli Grape Side Dish Salad
These instructions are based on all broccoli grape salad ingredients being prepped and ready for final assembly.
Add broccoli, grapes and red onion to a bowl and mix well.
In a separate bowl, add mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar and 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon.
Mix custom salad dressing well.
Season with black pepper.
Pour over broccoli mixture and toss well to evenly coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors mingle.
Stir well and serve topped with remaining bacon and sunflower seeds.
Common Side Dish Questions
Is Broccoli Grape Salad Low Carb?
While this recipe does add a bit of sweetness with the white sugar, if you are wanting to go low carb and are ok with a bit less sweet over tangy, just leave the bit of sugar out.
Are there any other Vegetables that go well in this Salad?
Sure! You can add in seedless black or green grapes grapes. Additionally, cut the amount of broccoli florets in half and add a raw cauliflower head. (about 5 oz. of each).
Can pasta be added into this broccoli salad?
Absolutely! Its easy to alter this recipe by doubling the dressing and adding a few cups of cooked pasta shells. Bowtie pastas work best in broccoli grape salad.
Must I let this salad sit in the fridge for two hours?
I know, a ton of recipes say that and salads in particular. But you would be cutting off some valuable flavor if you skip letting it sit in the fridge. You CAN eat this salad right away but its BETTER if you wait.
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small pieces (usually 9 oz)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Add cut up broccoli, halved grapes and chopped red onion to a bowl and mix well to combine ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, add mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar and 1 tablespoon of crumbled bacon.
- Mix dressing well.
- Season dressing with black pepper.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture and toss well to evenly coat all vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate broccoli grape for 2 hours to let flavors mingle.
- Stir salad well and top with remaining bacon and sunflower seeds.
- Do not add sunflower seeds or bacon till serving as they will get soft in fridge. Adding right at serving time helps keep the bacon and seeds crunchy longer.
- This salad also does well with either pecan halves or pieces of walnuts in place of sunflower seeds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 624mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.