Broccoli Slaw Salad with Creamy Dressing, crunchy walnuts, chopped red onions, and slightly sweet dried cranberries, makes the perfect side salad to compliment afternoon BBQ or family get togethers. No bake, no cook, no fuss dump and mix salad with homemade vinegar dressing.
Easy Broccoli Slaw
*FULL CONDENSED RECIPE WITH MEASUREMENTS IN PRINTABLE VERSION BELOW AT BOTTOM OF POST*
Personally I like broccoli with broccoli, carrots, and cabbage pieces. Its colorful, delicious, and has the perfect amount of crunch for a side salad. This broccoli slaw salad recipe, complete with delicious dried cranberries and walnuts, is hearty and creamy. The best part is this kind of salad gets better with age, making it the day after JUST as tasty.
- Broccoli Slaw
- Dried Cranberries – You can also use dried cherries or golden raisins
- Walnuts (or add candied walnuts for a sweet touch)
- Red Onions
Creamy Vinegar Dressing
- Mayo – Hellmann’s recommended
- White Sugar
- Vinegar (white)
Creamy Broccoli Slaw Recipe
Combine together the dressing first. This includes mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Once thoroughly combined, set creamy dressing base aside.
Now add broccoli slaw, cranberries, and walnuts in a bowl. Mix ingredients till incorporated.
Pour dressing into broccoli slaw both and mix until entire bowl is covered.
Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
HOW LONG DOES IT KEEP? I never recommend keeping a salad with dressing more than 3 days.
Keto Broccoli Slaw?
When it comes to salads, keto or low carb isn’t always do-able. But to make this broccoli slaw a KETO broccoli slaw, you can substitute your sugar for MONKFRUIT SWEETENER and drop the dried cranberries. This salad is just as good with its creamy dressing and the little bit of crunch that walnuts adds (yes, walnuts are keto friendly as long as not coated in sugar)
Variations for your salad
- Don’t love walnuts? Try Pecans, almonds, or even honey roasted peanuts as a way to bring in some great sweet textures.
- Add chopped or julienned red apples. I had intended on adding chopped apples to my recipe but completely forgot as I started making! I think that would be an amazing addition and will be testing it out the next time I make this broccoli slaw salad.
Salad Side Dishes
Need more salad side dishes? I test and create all my delicious salads personally and most include an easy to follow video so you can see the fresh ingredients. Here are a few of my favorite salads this week.
- Egg Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Grape Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 12 oz bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Diced Red Onions
- 1/2 cup Hellman's Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon white Vinegar
- Combine together the dressing first. This includes mayo, sugar, and vinegar. Once thoroughly combined, set creamy dressing base aside.
- Now add broccoli slaw, cranberries, and walnuts in a bowl. Mix ingredients till incorporated.
- Pour dressing into broccoli slaw both and mix until entire bowl is covered.
- Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
see article for note on recipe substitutions and dietary changes
1 bag of broccoli slaw (12 oz) is broken up to about 3 oz per serving, so serves about 4 people. With the additions of nuts, berries, and dressing, I believe you could serve 6 with this salad and is approximately 3.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 401Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 209mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.