This keto friendly chicken fried rice is a healthy, hearty, and filling Chinese Stir Fry recipe made with a lot fewer calories and carbs due to riced cauliflower over regular rice. Perfect for a weeknight family meal, chicken cauliflower fried rice is a fantastic low carb alternative to going out to eat with all the flavors you still love right in your own kitchen!
I know what you are thinking – how you could you take beloved chicken fried rice and take away the rice.
As a riced cauliflower novice, I was skeptical at first too. But after diving into many riced cauliflower recipes, you will be shocked out delicious, and guilt free, this cauliflower chicken friend rice really is!
While there is no substitute for super buttery and carbed up rice, cauliflower rice with delicious vegetables and chicken put up a pretty good fight in the war on creating healthy and tasty dinners.
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
This recipe is an easy take on traditional fried rice but keeps it healthy and typically (*depending how strict you personally are) diet friendly by replacing the white or jasmine rice with delicious textured cauliflower.
- 1 cup chicken breast, cubed cut into 1/2″ pieces (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 package, 12 oz, frozen cauliflower rice (keep frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- chopped green onions
Tips to note: As tempting as it is to add salt to recipes, soy sauce has tons of salt so do not go overboard adding additional spices until you taste. For the bacon, if you use raw, add it with the chicken and cook it.
How to Make Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
This cauliflower fried rice recipe is actually a full meal with bacon and chicken. Totally hearty and will def fill you up!
Plus, if your kids are not spies (mine are) you might be able to sneak in some veggies since the soy makes it taste like traditional Chinese cuisine.
- In a large skillet, add chicken and oil.
- Heat for 5 minutes or until browned on both sides.
- Add bacon, peas and carrots and cauliflower.
- Heat on medium, stirring frequently until hot.
Add the Eggs to the Fried Rice
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk well.
- Make a well (circle) in the center of the cauliflower and chicken mixture and pour eggs into center of the faux rice.
- Cook until eggs are scrambled and then easily mix into cauliflower rice and chicken.
- Serve this side dish topped with chopped fresh green onions for a few fresh ingredients. This is totally optional of course.
A Keto-Friendly Side Dish
Since this recipe uses cauliflower instead of rice, it’s a keto-friendly side dish. You’ll want to pay attention to the serving size and net carbs, though. The peas and carrots both have carbs – even if they are all-natural ingredients.
Another healthy swap is coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
How do you turn cauliflower into rice?
You can easily make your own cauliflower rice fresh from a head of cauliflower itself.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Pulse the florets in a food processor, a little at a time.
- Stop when it is a rice consistency.
- Don’t pulse it for too long or too many at a time. If you do, it could “over process” the cauliflower and make it powdery.
Can you Used Bagged Riced Cauliflower?
Absolutely! Most bags of pre-riced cauliflower are in the fresh section of the grocery store and come in typically 3 cups of raw riced cauliflower, so measure accordingly.
As always, I love to hear your feedback if you make this recipe as well as any changes you made for your family! I read all comments!