Mexican street corn dip made better with tasty seasoned beef is the hot corn dip of your dreams. A total crowd pleaser, elote dip, a tiktok viral recipe, is next level irresistible.
Warm, delicious, and filling, this chunky Mexican dip can be made with or without beef and thrown together in about 15 minutes.
Why you will love making this TikTok Dip.
Easy to alter – Elote dip, also known as Mexican street corn, is very easy to alter. Whipped up in a creamy sauce base, this delicious party appetizer dip can be made with its savory flavors or kicked up and spicy.
As a side note, if you prefer a cold corn dip, try this summertime cold street corn dip recipe with fresh corn on the cob flavor.
Where did this Elote Dip Recipe come from?
We have made our fair share of Elote dip (and corn dip) many times. We felt inspired to give this one a test from TikTok User @cookinwithmeg based on the video below.
As you can tell, we also added ground beef to our recipe, so it was more robust, but you can leave that out if preferred.
- ground beef
- sour cream
- real mayonnaise
- high quality Colby jack cheese or Mexican cheese
- fresh ingredients – red onion, fresh cilantro leaves, and lime.
- seasonings: chili powder, jalapeno peppers, garlic powder, tajin seasoning, and salt.
- serving: tortilla chips
How to make TikTok Elote Dip
- Add beef and onions to a skillet and cook until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender.
- Drain grease and return meat and onions to the pan. Season with chili powder.
- Add jalapenos, drained corn kernels, sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic powder, tajin, salt, and half of the shredded cheese.
- Mix corn mixture well. Heat over medium heat, frequently stirring until hot. Mix in the juice of a lime.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese on top and broil for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Elote Dip Variations
For heat – Try spicy/hot sausage or chorizo sausage, or serve with hot sauce.
Sprinkle on Cotija or Queso Fresco cheese.
A bright garnish for this dip is pico de Gallo and green chiles.
We recommend using canned corn and, specifically (if you like heat) the roasted corn that includes red peppers. It already has some good flavor built right in.
As a note, fresh corn (if you have some leftovers from a recipe) or drained frozen corn all work fine.
A substitute for Tajin is chili powder.
What to serve with TikTok Corn Dip.
Tortilla Chips – While homemade tortilla chips are always the best, make sure to use a thick chip for this dip. It’s fairly heavy and needs a substantial chip to hold the weight.
Corn Chips – One of the best ways to enjoy this dip is simply corn chips. Use the large scoops to get the most out of each bite.
Optional Dip Toppings: Sour cream, guacamole, salsa, chopped jalapenos, and black olives.
TikTok Elote Dip with Beef
- cast iron pan
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 jalapenos diced and deseeded
- 30 oz. canned corn drained
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup real mayo
- ½ juice of a lime
- 3 cups Colby Jack shredded
- Tortilla Chips for serving
- Add uncooked beef and diced onions to a skillet and cook until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are tender.
- Drain excess grease and return meat and onions to the cast iron pan. Season beef with chili powder.
- Add chopped jalapenos, drained corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh cilantro leaves, garlic powder, tajin seasoning, salt, and half of the shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Heat corn and beef mixture over medium heat, frequently stirring until hot.
- Mix in juice of a half of a lime.
- Sprinkle with remaining shredded cheese on top and broil for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Serve dip immediately with tortilla chips or corn chips.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.