Sausage cheese dip made with 3 kinds of Cheese and Italian Sausage is great to whip up for any occasion. As a party appetizer, you will love how uncomplicated, hearty, and cheesy this dip truly is.
Why you should make Sausage Cream Cheese Dip
Everyone needs a few simple dip recipes on the ready that is not only full of flavor but incredibly easy to make. This cheesy dip, with the combined efforts of cream cheese and shredded cheeses, is the real thing.
Crowd-pleasing but equally delicious eating just on your own, this sausage cream cheese dip takes only about 20 minutes to make and 5 minutes to eat!
Unlike some of the other viral recipes here we test out, this recipe is a Viral Recipes Original recipe. As one of our favorite appetizers to serve, this football game day ready dip contains so many delicious flavors and can be made mild or extra spicy.
- ground sausage (hot, medium, or mild) – What brand of sausage is up to you but I like Jimmy Dean’s Regular Sausage.
- cream cheese – Cream cheese is best cubed and softened to fully mix easier. Before starting the recipe, pull cream cheese out on the room temperature counter, open packaging, and let sit for 15 minutes to soften.
- Cheese – This dip works great with shredded cheddar cheese, and shredded swiss cheese, although you can also substitute for favorite shredded cheese as well.
- Dijon mustard
- fresh parsley – Mainly this is for topping and color and is totally optional.
- crackers for serving – Other suggestions on the best dippers for sausage cheese dips are located below.
How to make Sausage Cheese Dip
- Preheat oven to 350. Brown sausage and drain excess grease.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of sausage for topping and remove from pan. Leave remaining sausage in pan.
- Add cream cheese and heat on low, mixing until cream cheese is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, and dijon mustard. Mix well.
- Spread evenly into an ovenproof pan or baking pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with renaming 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and reserved sausage.
- Broil for 2 minutes. Top with chopped parsley and serve warm.
How to make Sausage Dip Spicier
This sausage cheese dip is pretty forgiving and many other types of ingredients can be melted with the dip for more savory or spicy options.
Try adding green chilies, using hot sausage, tomatoes with chiles (like Rotel), adding a tsp of liquid smoke, or even some cayenne pepper to change the flavor profile. Extra heat is pretty simple when it comes to dips.
Best Dippers for Serving
Sausage cheese dips are thick and heavy dip that requires a stronger cracker or chip. I recommend strong tortilla chips (not the thin restaurant-style kind), pretzels, bagel chips, pita chips, or even veggie dippers like cauliflower florets, sliced cucumbers, and celery sticks. If going keto-friendly, try homemade cheez-its, a great viral tiktok idea.
Have dip leftover? Serve Leftover cheesy dip on a Baked Potato for a full meal.
What kind of toppings go with Cream Cheese Dip
Aside from fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley, chopped white onion, chopped green onion, black olives, green chiles, and sour cream are all great options.
How long does this dip last?
Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Rewarm in the microwave at 30-second increments, stirring and rewarming until the desired temperature is reached.
What to serve with Cream Cheese Sausage Dip
Normally dips are served as appetizers and very rarely do you need something with them unless it’s another dip. Check out our favorite dip and side dish recipes here.
Related Viral Dip Recipes
Fried Blueberry Brie Recipe is an incredible dip smothered in sweet fresh blueberries and crushed pecans. A quick and easy appetizer that tastes right out of a food magazine.
Smoked Cream Cheese is incredible with Philadelphia Cream cheese, BBQ seasoning, Sweet Chili sauce and served with your favorite chips.
Hot cocoa dip recipe (Viral TikTok Recipe) with marshmallow creme fluff, Cool whip, and a packet of hot cocoa mix is a delicious on-season holiday appetizer that everyone will eat right up!