This Tuna Casserole Recipe with Ritz Cracker Topping, egg noodles, and peas is a traditional old fashioned and simple tuna casserole with ingredients you most likely have in your home. Filling and delicious, this is a savory dinner casserole that makes great left overs for next day dinners as well.
Easy Tuna Casserole with Egg Noodles
Simple traditional easy tuna casserole ingredients – just prep this by cooking the noodles ahead of time.
Full measurements with an easy to follow printable recipe card are at the bottom of the post, helping you print for shopping and to cook in the kitchen.
- egg noodles
- 2 cans tuna packed in water
- frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- diced onions
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sleeve, butter crackers (such as Ritz), crushed
Ritz Cracker Topping
Personally I prefer a Ritz cracker topping on casserole dishes like these. I usually have them in the pantry and it makes it easy.
But growing up my mom always did crunched up ruffles or lays potato chips. You can also use panko crumbs if you prefer.
Homemade Tuna Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set casserole dish aside.
- Add tuna, vegetables, soup, onions, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 cup of cheese to a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Top with remaining cheese and crackers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is hot.
- Frozen Peas (without carrots)
- Add Cooked or Canned Mushrooms
- Cooked Rice instead of Noodles
CASSEROLE DISH RECIPES
- SPINACH CASSEROLE RECIPE
- CHEESY ASPARAGUS AND SHRIMP BAKE
- CHICKEN CASSEROLE WITH RITZ CRACKERS
- EASY CHICKEN AND RICE BAKE
- CHEESY BEEF AND TORTILLA CASSEROLE
Tuna Casserole Recipe with Ritz Cracker Topping
- 1 package - 12 oz, egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cans - 5 oz, each, tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots - thawed
- 2 cans - 10.5 oz each, cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese - divided
- 1 sleeve - butter crackers (such as Ritz), crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add tuna, thawed vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, diced onions, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper and 1 cup of cheddar cheese to a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour tuna casserole mixture into previously prepared pan.
- Top casserole with remaining cheese (adding extra is fine if you like your tuna casserole extra cheesy) and crunched up crackers.
- Bake casserole for 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and center is hot.