Easy 15 Minute Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad with simple lime dressing and feta cheese – this cold side salad can be made with canned, fresh or frozen corn!
Corn and tomato salads, a perfect homemade fresh spring side dish, are so versatile in flavor and a true 15 minute recipe. You won’t need much to get this salad started and its best served cold (and perfect for picnics and BBQs) along side this Cucumber Salad recipe and delicious dessert watergate salad.
CORN SALAD GROCERY LIST
Full measurements with an easy to follow printable recipe card are at the bottom of the post, helping you print for shopping and to cook in the kitchen.
- canned corn
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- fresh basil
- olive oil
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
- feta cheese
NOTE: If you need to substitute dried basil in a pinch, you can, but nothing really takes the place of a FRESH basil for this recipe so try to use it if possible.
Alternative Cheese Options for Corn Salad
The sharp delicious taste of feta is perfect in cold salad side dishes like this. That being said, cheese can be a very personal taste to so many and I wanted to offer a few alternatives if you do not like feta crumbles.
- Queso Fresca
- Goat Cheese
- Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Small bits of Fresh Mozzarella
Watch me Make Cold Corn Tomato Salad
How to make Corn & Tomato Salad
- Add corn, cherry tomatoes, onion and basil to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine oil and lime juice and mix well.
- Pour on top of corn and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in feta cheese and refrigerate covered until cold ready to serve.
- Stir well before serving.
Is Corn Salad Keto or Low Carb?
Typically tomatoes and corn are not widely used in Keto, but in small increments, can be eaten in most low carb diets. It really depends how strict you choose to be with your dieting. Here is nutritional information for this corn salad- broken down into 6 servings.
This site uses Carb Manager that automatically inputs the ingredients into the system and gives out an estimated nutritional value.
Please always be careful to double check with your own apps. Carb Manager gave this recipe an “A”.
Ultimate Summer Corn Salad Additions
These simple and easy corn salad is straight up delicious flavors but you can dial up this recipe by adding other amazing ingredients. Here is a list of ingredients that work well if you would like to alter this recipe for what you have in your home.
- Bits of Avocado
- Drained Black Beans
- Chick Peas
- Diced Cucumbers
- Seeded and Diced Jalapenos
- Crunchy Bacon Pieces
Can I use Frozen Corn? Canned Corn? Grilled Corn?
YES on ALL of those.
- If you use canned corn, make sure its drained of excess liquid. Take note that canned corn has tons of flavors and the roasted canned corn is great for this type of salad.
- Frozen corn needs to be thawed (leave it in the fridge overnight or simple on the counter day of) and then drain excess liquid
- Fresh corn – make sure its boiled or grilled and use a kernel remover to remove the corn, which I demonstrated in this pressure cooker corn on the cob recipe
As always, thank you for visiting my little spot on the web. If you enjoyed this recipe or made tweaks that worked well, please leave me a comment and let me know. I always enjoying trying your changes as well!
More Corn Side Dishes
Corn is one of the best, sweet side dishes for just about any meal. Here are some of my very favorite corn recipes:
- Sweet Corn Casserole – Sweet corn casserole combines creamed corn into a southern homemade side dish easily done from scratch. Typically served on a Thanksgiving table, this jiffy corn casserole recipe is so good that your plate will be empty before the dinner is done!
- Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob – The best part of this corn on the cob is simply the really easy topping – Parmesan cheese and mayo make a surprisingly delicious combination that just heats up the corn and provides a saturated, flavorful crunch in every bite.
- Homemade Cream Corn – Indulgent and delicious, you cannot go wrong with this mouthwatering and tasty corn dish as your next favorite way to enjoy this buttery veggie smothered in cheese.
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – Under 15 minutes for a tangy simple salad that is perfect for pot luck, this Mexican Street corn salad combines the tangy flavors of corn, lime, and delicious cheeses – goes great along side grilled chicken too!
- Cast Iron Corn & Bacon – Creamy Corn and Crispy Bacon Smothered in Shaved Parmesan is a delicious (and easy!) corn side dish that really dial up the boring into something wonderful.