No-bake chocolate Christmas bark is one of the more creative and easy desserts that are just as fun to make as it is to eat. This Grinch-inspired holiday bark is green to represent the Grinch, with adorable hearts to express his heart growing “3 sizes bigger”.
Combine this delicious sweet treat with a movie night, holiday-themed Grinch party or gift give this season.
Why you will love making Chocolate Bark
Creativity: From unicorn swirls to layered peppermint bark, there is no shortage of creative colors and ideas for making this delicious, fun treat. While done mainly in the Christmas holiday season (primarily as a festive treat you can eat), candy bark can be made year-round on almost any occasion.
Ease: First, not all chocolate bark is chocolate. Green candy melts are not always made with cocoa; therefore, they are not always considered chocolate. The good news is that candy melts meltdown super quickly, is still super sweet, and has a texture like chocolate but has none of the fuss of tempering actual chocolate.
- Candy Melts: The colors that go great for the Grinch Christmas theme are a combination of vibrant green candy melts and dark green candy melts. BUY HERE.
- Candy hearts – Little red hearts are the defining image of the Grinch! You can typically find them in the candy aisle. We used CK Products Candy Shapes Red Hearts.
- Green candy pearls – Celebration Pearl Green Candies
- Holiday sprinkles – There are so many holiday sprinkle types, shapes, and colors, so pick the one that goes with your design. We used red, white, and green rounds but here are some adorable holiday sprinkles that work well too.
How to make Christmas Grinch Bark
Before Starting Recipe
Place parchment paper onto a baking tray or cookie sheet. As a side note, you do not need to coat with cooking spray. Set tray aside.
- Place dark green chocolate candy melts into a resealable sandwich bag but do not seal shut.
- Place vibrant green candy melts into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir. Return to microwave, heating, and stirring until melted. Set aside and keep warm. Place bag of candy melts into a microwave. Heat for 30 seconds at 50% power. Knead bag and flip over. Return to the microwave and continue to heat and knead until completely melted. Seal the bag and snip a tiny opening in the tip of the bag.
- Working quickly, spread the vibrant green candy melts onto the prepared parchment paper until about 1/8″ thick.
- Draw linear lines of the dark green candy melt across the top. Drag a knife through each end of the green alternating the end you start the knife at.
- Sprinkle with candy hearts, green candy pearls, and holiday sprinkles.
- Let stand at room tempature to harden.
- Once the chocolate is hard, break it into small bite-sized pieces before serving.
- Store leftover candy bark in a sealed container at room temperature.
FAQs & Tips
Chocolate bark or candy bark is a melted sheet of chocolate combined with candies and decorations that breaks down into bite-sized pieces for enjoyment.
Yes! You can freeze extra Grinch bark in a ziplock bag or airtight container for up to 2 months. It is best not to freeze individual bags of melting chocolate (before melting) as moisture can get into the melt and separate upon heat.
Absolutely. Any real chocolate can be used to make bark, and it can even be layered. However, please use the instructions specific to melt the kind of chocolate you are working with. This recipe is only specifically for candy melts and changes when dealing with regular chocolate.
Famous Grinch Quotes!
- “Am I just eating because I’m bored?” — The Grinch
- “It’s because I’m green, isn’t it?” — The Grinch
- “Bleeding hearts of the world unite.” — The Grinch
- “And they’ll feast, feast, feast, feast. They’ll eat their Who-Pudding and rare Who-Roast Beast. But that’s something I just cannot stand in the least. Oh, no. I’M SPEAKING IN RHYME!” — The Grinch
- “Hate, hate, hate. Double hate. Loathe entirely.” — The Grinch
- Christmas Nougat Candy
- Crockpot Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy
- Peppermint Marshmallow Fluff
- Buckeye Balls
Connect with Us!
Grinch Bark (2 Ingredient Chocolate Bark)
- 12 oz. vibrant green candy melts
- 2 tbsp dark green candy melts
- candy hearts
- holiday sprinkles
- Place a sheet of parchment paper onto a baking sheet. Set tray aside.
- Add dark green candy melts into a resealable sandwich bag but do not seal shut.
- In a separate bowl, add vibrant green candy melts. Microwave on 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir candy. Return bowl to microwave, heating, and stirring until fully melted. Set bowl aside and keep warm.
- Now place the bag of candy melts into a microwave. Heat for 30 seconds at 50% power. Knead bag and flip over. Return baggie to the microwave and continue to heat and knead until candy melts are completely melted.
- Seal the bag and snip a tiny opening in the corn tip of the bag.
- Working quickly, spread the vibrant green candy melts (the ones from the bowl) onto the prepared parchment paper until about 1/8" thick.
- Taking the baggie, draw linear lines of the dark green candy melts across the top of the vibrant sheet of melts.
- Drag a knife through each end of the green alternating the end you start the knife at.
- Sprinkle bark with candy hearts, green candy pearls, and holiday sprinkles. Lightly press down if needed.
- Let chocolate bark stand to harden.
- Once hard, break into small pieces before serving.
- Store any leftover candy bark in a sealed container at room temperature.