Olive lovers rejoice! This olive dip recipe combines the delicious flavors and simple ingredients of black olive tapenade and green olive tapenade into a unique dip perfect for a cheese board.
The bright Mediterranean flavors make this the perfect appetizer recipe for a true fan of olives.
- Olives – We like using flavorful and tart Spanish olives stuffed with pimentos, drained and sliced combined with black olives, also drained and sliced.
- Additional ingredients: red onion and tomato.
- Seasoning and flavor: A high-quality extra virgin olive oil, ground black pepper red wine vinegar, minced fresh garlic (or if you like more of a garlic flavor, try roasted garlic cloves), and a flavorful hot sauce like Franks Red Hot.
- pita chips, tortilla chips, low crab tiktok air fryer onions, or pita crackers for serving
Where is the salt? This recipe already has a strong salty flavor therefore we do not recommend adding extra kosher salt to the dish.
How to make Olive Dip
- Mix together green olives, black olives, onion, and tomato.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and hot sauce.
- Season with pepper and stir well.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve and to let the flavors mingle.
Sliced or Processed?
If you want more of an olive spread, use a food processor to blend and dice down the ingredients smaller. In this case, we wanted a thick beautiful olive dip that really showcased the green olives and black olives together.
Hand slicing olives, while tedious because they are so small, also keep the delicious little pimento inside the slices.
Always choose olives WITHOUT a pit for safety reasons.
Be Ready for those Parties!
This is our favorite Cheeseboard to use for dips like this and to spread our beautiful love of food to our guests in a stunning display! Add cheese, meat, and olive dip.
What to serve with Olive Dip.
Serve with homemade pita chips, pita crackers, or bagel chips go great with tapenade. As shown: We served with pita chip crackers and they are so good with that little bit of salt on top…Aldi sells them. They have the best crackers!
Additionally, this olive tapenade can be served on sandwiches (like a Lousiana muffuletta or folded tortilla wrap) crusty bread, or even piled high on a pizza.
What other ingredients go well with olive dip?
If you want to bring in some heat, add diced green chilies or slices of jalapeno. To make this more of a creamy olive dip, add in some softened cream cheese and mayo.
To top the dish, try fresh lemon zest, lemon slices, flat leaf parsley, fresh basil, or other fresh herbs.
Related Appetizer Recipes
- This 5-minute recipe for TikTok Boat Dip will keep you refreshed and full from the beach to the boat.
- Cast iron smoked queso dip is piled high with LOADS of cheese.
- Smooth and creamy sausage dip is a perfect dish to serve up on Football Sunday.