Looking for a cold appetizer sandwich to fill up those party trays? This pinwheel sandwich recipe stuffed with all sorts of delicious veggies and wrapped up in cream cheese is just so easy!
So easy to make, with the flavors being easily adjustable to include ingredients you love, these are big game and holiday approved.
I love sandwich wraps SO much for lunch. Typical bread always fills me up and quite honestly, is a bit boring. But whipping out the wraps gets my attention asap. And while this particular pinwheel sandwich recipe is great for a party or potluck appetizer without any of the cooking, it is also great for picky kids that just won’t eat a sandwich and a delicious lunch time meal for a nurse, student, or spouse!
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Pinwheels
Cream cheese smothered in veggies inside tortilla wraps is a delicious finger food appetizer that will keep everyone full once the party starts. There are a few things you need to gather in order to get started on this simple recipe.
- 2 packages of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 package ranch seasoning
- Minced green onions
- Tortillas (I use spinach and sun dried tomato for extra flavor)
- Diced red bell pepper
- Diced orange bell pepper
- Diced celery
Additional ways to stuff party pinwheels:
- Shredded cheese
- Diced black olives
- Diced pickle spears
- Diced tomatoes
How to make Pinwheel Sandwiches
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch seasoning package and diced/chopped green onions together and make sure it’s all mixed as evenly as possible.
If you prefer to have less thick center, you can easily use 1 package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (8 oz.) instead of 2. I’ve had it both ways and it both taste awesome so it’s more of a preference.
Lay out tortillas and spread cream cheese mixture evenly on the entire tortilla.
Sprinkle diced veggies all over tortilla, making sure they don’t clump up in one area because it makes it harder to roll evenly.
In the case of this recipe, I kept the ingredients super simple, but you can also layer on black olives, shredded cheese, diced pickle or even bits of chicken as well.
Cutting Pinwheel Tortilla Wraps
Slowly roll up pinwheels tightly and evenly.
Wrap pinwheels in plastic wrap or aluminum foil so they keep their shape and pop in the fridge for a minimum of 2-3 hours. They set even better overnight but if you are rushed for time, a few hours is plenty to get cold.
Take wraps out of fridge and trim edges on each side.
Now slice into 1-1.5 inch slices, which make a quick and easy appetizer that will be a big hit at your next party!
Party Platter Ideas
Need some more party recipe ideas to serve up that are perfect to grab and fill up a plate?
- Stuffed Mushrooms
- Caprese Ladybugs with Mozzarella
- Caprese Sandwich Sliders
- Pigs in a Blanket
- Spiced Mixed Nuts
- (2) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet
- 2 diced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- First pull cream cheese out of fridge and let soften at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese blocks, ranch seasoning, and diced green onions.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on open faced tortillas.
- Add small diced veggies (peppers and celery) all over tortilla.
- Roll pinwheel up tightly and secure with plastic wrap.
- Put pinwheel in fridge for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Remove from fridge, carefully cut off ends and then cut tortillas into 1 inch slices.
- Serve cold.
- You can vary your ingredients for this recipe. Please see entire recipe layout for suggestions and alterations.
Serving Size:6 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 165Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.