With the fresh beautiful smell of the holiday season, TikTok crockpot potpourri is a simple way to combine easy ingredients for a whole home holiday scent.
Lasting all day, DIY homemade potpourri can be assembled in minutes with no chemicals, and the perfect holiday gift for giving.
Why you will love Winter Potpourri
Incredibly customizable, TikTok potpourri made in the crockpot fills the house with the spicy aroma of fall scents like Cinnamon and Clove. While we kept the recipe closer to the original with ingredients, it is OK to experiment with other fresh favorites like red apples, fresh rosemary sprigs, mint leaves, or whole allspice.
I love the set it and forget it of a crock pot, but this can quickly be done on the stovetop as well. Just bring it up to a boil and then move down to a simmer. Just make sure to continually monitor water while on the stove as it evaporates off.
The best thing about homemade potpourri is that it only includes natural ingredients. There are no fake scents, no fake chemical smell, just the true essence of natural winter potpourri throughout your home.
How we feel about this Tiktok Potpourri Recipe
This viral recipe was inspired by @Reeselaa. You can check out her TikTok account and more of her inspirational and amazing videos on her page.
This potpourri is pretty cinnamony and “clovey,” but I like how it fills the house with the holidays. This recipe is certainly a great way (with only a handful of ingredients) to bring in everyone’s favorite season.
- Fresh cranberries- Not only are fresh cranberries beautiful in color and fall-friendly, but they carry a well-known sweet holiday scent that works perfectly in slow-cooked potpourri. They also float, so they are visible, unlike many other fruit options.
- Fresh Orange – A familiar smell, the combination of orange peel and all its spices is comforting.
- Whole cloves – Cloe is a perfect way to bring the holidays through the house.
- Cinnamon sticks – You will want to use natural cinnamon sticks, broken in half, to finish crockpot potpourri. The seasonal scent will fill the house with the best warm flavors.
How to make simmering potpourri
- Place cranberries, orange slices, cloves, and cinnamon sticks into a slow cooker and add about 2 cups of water.
- Cover and heat crock pot potpourri on high for about an hour.
- Remove or crack the lid and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer all day and let the wonderful smells fill up your home. Add additional water if necessary as potpourri begins to evaporate and the water level goes down.
What size slow cooker is used?
I used a smaller 4-quart or 6-quart slow cooker. You can always add water as necessary to keep it going longer.
Should the lid be on or off for counter potpourri?
This is easy to make, and I wasn’t sure if I should take off the lid or leave it on. I left it on for about an hour to heat and soften and then cracked it. I turned the cover sideways. This works fine to get the holiday season scent into your home.
What other ingredients can be added to Holiday Potpourri?
There are many fresh ingredients that go great in simmer pots. Try Lemon slices, fresh ginger, star anise, evergreen sprigs, fresh vanilla bean, apples, ginger, essential oils, or even a splash of vanilla.
How to gift holiday potpourri
Gifting this time of the year is popular for homemade or hostess gifts. There are two main ways to give holiday potpourri.
1. Package fresh ingredients and spices in a sealable airtight container or ziplock bag and attach instructions on using them. When gifting, it’s also nice to add extra spices. Typically freshly sliced oranges, apples, and lemons do not work well after they are cut, so it’s best to make and gift the day of if including those. Another workaround is to use dried or dehydrated fruit, which ultimately lasts longer.
2. Another thought for gifting is to heat all ingredients stovetop till scent is released, let completely cool, and then seal in mason jars.
- TikTok Marshmallow Dippers for hot chocolate
- TikTok Shot Glass Chocolate Bombs
- TikTok Cocoa Bombs
- Stovetop Churro Chips with cinnamon Sugar
- Homemade TikTok Ramen Noodles
Leave A Reply!