Call these churro nachos, churro chips, or cinnamon sugar nachos, but whatever you call these, they are effortless, delicious, and a perfect quick snack to chow down on when you need a sweet fix.
Fried Churro Nachos can be made in adorable shapes like hearts and stars, making a plate of fun not only in flavor but also in shape. And with so many dipper choices like Nutella or caramel, the dish will disappear faster than you can make them.
Step by step, here is a breakdown of how to make viral churro nachos straight from TikTok!
Why you will love making Cinnamon Sugar Nachos
A quick treat, Cinnamon Sugar Nachos made with simple flour tortillas are a quick snack that kids and adults love.
Churro nachos are not only a delicious dessert but also pair well as a little sweet side dish with your favorite Mexican night recipe at your house. There is no need to go through the hassle of creating dough and churros the long way when the easy flavors make this a treat in minutes.
Need something to pair with the perfect margarita? Cinnamon sugar nachos are just that!
This viral recipe was inspired by @Magictreatsbyivanna (we have unhooked her page because her account was deleted). You can check out her excellent account and more of her amazing videos on her page. She had a Disney take, and we changed it to just hearts and stars because we didn’t have a Disney cookie cutter. SO cute, SO fun.
- Granulated white sugar + ground cinnamon = The best and easy flavoring! Nothing is better or sweet than a tortilla with a coat of cinnamon sugar.
- Flour tortillas – Flour tortillas can be cut into tortilla wedges or, with a simple cookie cutter, cut into fun shapes like hearts, stars, or Mickey Mouse (as shown on TikTok).
- Cookie cutters – As noted above and shown in this article, hearts and stars are easy, and you get quite a few chips out of them. But seasonally, it’s fun to use Christmas street or candy cane cutters. In the original TikTok Churro Nachos video, Disney cookie cutters were used, which are super cute.
- Cooking Oil: Vegetable oil is one of the better oils used to fry due to smoke points and flavors that are not too strong. While some oil substitutes are acceptable, do not use Olive Oil as it will alter the sweet taste of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Nutella for serving – Nutella is a favorite of mine for dipping, but any sweet dipping sauce like caramel sauce or hot fudge sauce is just as good with dessert nachos. Dump it on or dip it in.
How to make Cinnamon Sugar Churro Chips
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut shapes out of a flour tortilla.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shapes and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping halfway through until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Dredge cooked shapes into the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Heat Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Serve with warm Nutella or warm fudge topping to dip into.
How many Churro Nachos can you make per tortilla?
I used fajita-sized flour tortillas and got seven hearts and four stars out of each one. The number will vary depending on the size of the flour tortilla you get and the shape and size of the cookie cutter.
Other than Cinnamon Sugar, what are ways to flavor churro chips?
Churro nachos are sweet so no cheese sauce here! If looking to mix up outside a single layer of cinnamon mixture, try spreading on a baking sheet and dusting with powdered sugar.
Another fun idea is to layer on a plate while still hot and sprinkle on chocolate chips. The heat should help melt the bits of chocolate right onto the chips making them such a treat this holiday season.
What cookie cutters make great chips?
- This Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter set with 8 adorable shapes.
- Get every star shape size here.
- These nachos are so fun to make in the seasonal holidays, so try this 5 piece Christmas Cookie set.
Dip or drizzle warm melted Nutella, Caramel topping, or chocolate sauce over nachos.
Serve with a side of Cool Whip for dipping.
While the cinnamon sugar is perfect on its own, it’s fun to add a fruit salsa of cut-up strawberries and blueberries to dip with.
Churro Nachos are super complementary to scoops vanilla ice cream.
- TikTok Solo Cup Chocolate Bombs
- TikTok Hot Cocoa Marshmallow Dippers
- TikTok Kool-Aid Marshmallows
- TikTok Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Serve these Churro Nachos with this Booty Dip recipe and this hot cocoa dip recipe!
- Did you know you can make a Giant Cookie in an Air Fryer?
Leave A Reply!