Garlic Roasted asparagus right in the oven is the perfect side dish recipe for almost any meal. It doesn’t take long at all to whip up a low carb, keto friendly asparagus side dish that will make your mouth water and is just so darn good for you! Once you learn how easy it is to take raw asparagus and smother in garlic, salt, or even Parmesan, its less intimidating to add to a meal. And with only 10 minutes in the oven, is the perfect side dish to add to all your dinners!
Garlic Roasted Asparagus
I love asparagus. While I am usually a semi-fan of frozen veggies, asparagus is the one green that I can only enjoy fresh and raw. Asparagus needs a nice snap to it versus that sorta soggy flavor you get when you grab a frozen microwave version. And because asparagus is quick to make in the oven and only needs ingredients you likely already keep on hand, like minced Garlic or garlic salt, its also a simple side dish choice to go from farm to table.
Get a print friendly version of this asparagus recipe near the bottom of the page!
- Fresh Asparagus
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Roasted Asparagus Cooking Tips
- The time to cook is so quick! I cook 10 minutes on 400, but I also know that veggie density and crisp can be personal. You may want to add on up to 2 minutes if you like them a bit softer
- Before serving, roasted asparagus is also great with butter and squeezed lemon
- Serve this garlic asparagus with Copycat Alice Springs Chicken!
Is Garlic Asparagus a Keto Friendly Vegetable?
Carbs in asparagus are not bad actually. There are about 8 carbs in a cup of cooked asparagus so you can safely eat asparagus on a low carb diet or a keto diet. If you are on a keto diet, you can also pour on the cheese or wrap your asparagus with bacon for a variation.
Oven Roasted Garlic Asparagus Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- (OPTIONAL) Remove the ends of the asparagus by breaking them off. Discard ends.
- Place asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus and use your fingers to coat the asparagus evenly. I find it’s easiest to use my hands.
- Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- The main thing here is to roast on a single layer or you’ll have some asparagus cooked more than others. So even if you double or triple the recipe, make sure you keep the asparagus in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and ground fresh pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes until asparagus is tender. I like the 10 minute mark, but you may want to cook up to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Asparagus Side Dishes
Need more asparagus side dish options? Try
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 37 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 149mg Carbohydrates: 1g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g