Alice Springs Chicken, an Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe, is a mind-blowing copycat recipe that will trick your senses into thinking you are out to eat instead of in your own kitchen.
Dripping in honey mustard sauce and crispy bacon, this Alice Springs Chicken Recipe is your new favorite OMYGOODNESS meal.
Why you will love making Copycat Alice Springs Chicken!
Cannot go wrong with a restaurant favorite: I have two favorite restaurants, Outback and Carrabba’s. Ironically they are sister restaurants, and no surprise to me because they both have delicious chicken dishes down.
Enter Outback Steakhouse’s copycat recipe for Alice Springs chicken.
Moist chicken covered in cheese and honey mustard with just the sprinkling of mushrooms and bacon, Alice Springs Chicken recipe is a dinner menu item that your entire family will be excited to eat.
Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
If Alice Springs Chicken is your go-to menu item at Outback and you just can’t make it over there as often as you want, this chicken recipe will be a go-to favorite.
Paired with the homemade (copycat) Outback Honey Mustard and these mashed potatoes (as a side dish), Alice Springs Chicken is a perfectly sweet and tangy recipe that will surely become one of your favorite recipes.
Alice Springs Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Dijon mustard
- Hellman’s or homemade mayonnaise
- dry minced onion
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- Colby jack cheese
- real bacon bits
How to make Alice Springs Chicken in Oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place defrosted chicken breasts on the pan in a single layer and sprinkle with seasoned chicken with salt. If you need to pound a piece of chicken to evenness, it’s fine to do so. Chicken cooks best and most even when all pieces are similar in size.
- Combine Dijon mustard, honey, mayonnaise, and dry minced onion in a separate bowl.
- Mix well and generously spread the honey mustard sauce onto the top of the chicken breasts.
- Top with sliced mushrooms and Colby Jack cheese.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits (or fresh bacon).
- Bake Alice Springs Chicken for 30 minutes in preheated oven or until the chicken is cooked in the center and the meat thermometer reads at 165 degrees in the thickest part of the chicken.
Outback Honey Mustard Sauce
Make extra honey mustard sauce for dipping.
What to serve with Alice Springs Chicken?
In the Outback steakhouse restaurant itself, you have choices like an Ensalada Caprese salad, mashed potatoes, broccoli, or a variety of oven-roasted veggies like these carrots.
Pair up Copycat Alice Springs chicken with one of those side dishes and some dinner rolls, and you have an entire restaurant-quality meal without leaving the house.
Ensalada Caprese is a delicious and fresh Italian salad! It has juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves. The tomatoes and mozzarella are sliced, layered on a plate, and then drizzled with flavorful olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.
- Ensalada Caprese with Pear Recipe
- Easy Pasta Caprese Recipe
- Caprese Salad with Mozzarella Balls Recipe
Oven-roasted vegetables are full of flavor! The vegetables are roasted until golden brown and lightly crispy on the outside while maintaining a tender, flavorful inside.
The vegetables’ natural sweetness intensifies when roasted in the oven, creating a delicious balance of sweet and savory. Adding herbs and spices can add an extra flavor that enhances the already delicious roasted vegetables even more!
- Oven Roasted Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Large Melting Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Crinkle Cut Carrots
- Parmesan Roasted Acorn Squash
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
Potatoes are a classic comfort food! From mashed to baked, fried to boiled, potatoes are the ultimate and classic side dish that goes with every single recipe.
Easy Copycat Recipes
Enjoy making restaurant favorite recipes into a tasty meal right in your own kitchen.
Connect with Us!