Cheesy Asparagus oven baked with garlic, heavy cream, and cheese for a delicious ooey, gooey and perfect side dish that is keto friendly and ready to be devoured.
There is no doubt that veggies just taste amazing with cheese. Cheese is probably one of the most versatile additives to food, is keto friendly, and pretty much goes with anything and everything. This loaded cheesy asparagus is completely delicious, so creamy, simple and easy to make in the oven, and in no time at all you have whole roasted asparagus doused in delicious cheese ready for you to enjoy.
And bonus, veggies covered in cheese are usually kid approved – or at least you can get a bite or two before you get a snide remark (I take the small wins).
But as adult food. UM YES. Bring on the asparagus.
- Heavy Cream – I will probably get asked if you can use milk or half and half – use the heavy cream. You could PROBABLY use half and half if needed, but its def richer with heavy cream
- Fresh Asparagus Stalks – Cut the stalks down to comfortably fit in a row in your baking pan
- Shredded Fresh Parmesan – For the love of all things, don’t use the green shaker can with this one. Get the freshly shredded kind that comes in a little container.
- Mozzarella – Don’t have it on hand? Try another cheese, honestly if you love cheese, you know what you want, so its OK to change it up. Just try to stick with a white cheese
- Seasonings : Cayenne, Garlic, Salt/Pepper
Substitute Asparagus for
Don’t love asparagus? You can easily substitute this recipe for other vegetables. Please note that you may have to adjust the roasting times to ensure you are not over or under baking your fresh vegetables.
Try this baked cheesy recipe with the following:
- Snap Peas
- Fresh Green Beans
Keto Friendly Cheesy Asparagus
Great, Great news. Asparagus is Keto Friendly and so is cheese and heavy cream!
I have been on a low carb lifestyle change for about 2 weeks. I have to say I am not dying but every time I walk by someone eating a donut or the case of “cakes by the slice” at Publix, my stomach tries to convince my head that I need it. The truth is not only do I not need it, but I feel better without it. My desserts and eating after 9 have become a serious weakness for me.
But I have also found that half my terrible eating habits have very little to do with my cravings and move to do with conveniences. Its just so darn easy to open the fridge or pantry and grab something, anything, so having recipes that are ready quickly and are low to no carb or keto friendly are a must.
Now you don’t need to be on a diet to love this cheesy asparagus. I just wanted you to know where I was coming from as I launch my next series of delicious side dish recipes. This week I focused on a handful of fresh vegetables, many under 10 minutes in the kitchen, to give myself little excuse not to have something to eat, stay satisfied and even more – happy.
Other Keto Friendly Sides here:
- Keto Stuffed Mushrooms (addicting!)
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Cauliflower au Gratin (just remove the bread crumb topping)
- Mediterranean Shrimp Salad
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus Smothered in Cheese
This cheesy asparagus so easy to make!
- Prep – First prep by washing and trimming your asparagus to put in pan. Lay down so tip and bottom lay neatly and evenly in pan
- Assemble – Mix minced garlic and cream together and pour over asparagus into baking dish. Smother your asparagus with your Parmesan and mozzarella. I like to put mozzarella first and Parm on the top because it crisps the best in the oven
- Bake – Bake on 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and slightly brown on the edges
- Enjoy! Serves up perfectly with a variety of main dish recipes like Alice Springs Chicken (Copycat) and Honey Garlic Chicken
- Optional: Cover in crispy bacon pieces prior to serving!
Need more side dish choices? Here are 3 of many amazing choices! Then scroll down to print the recipe for the baked cheesy asparagus dish!
- 3 Bean Salad – Lima bean salad is a cold salad side dish that combines green beans, kidney beans and tons of delicious Lima beans .
- Married Mashed Potatoes – Married mashed potatoes, a sweet potato married to a savory potato like a Russet or a Yukon cold, is a delicious twirly swirly rich side dish that everyone will love.
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes – Easy crock pot cheesy potatoes are a perfect no fuss, reader loved, and family favorite side dish that is a perfect choice for a holiday menu.
See full article for vegetable substitution ideas Nutrition is automatically calculated and isn't always accurate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 254Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 555mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
See full article for vegetable substitution ideas
Nutrition is automatically calculated and isn't always accurate.