Baked Cheesy Asparagus with garlic, heavy cream, and cheese is a fantastic side dish not only low carb and keto-friendly, but so good you will forget its healthy!
Cheesy Asparagus: The Ultimate Side Dish for Cheese Lovers
Our loaded cheesy asparagus side dish is an absolute delight – it’s incredibly creamy, wonderfully simple, and can be effortlessly prepared in the oven.
In no time, you’ll have a plate of perfectly roasted asparagus generously smothered in mouthwatering cheese, ready to be savored.
And here’s an added bonus: veggies covered in cheese are also a hit with kids! You might even sneak in a few bites before receiving snide remarks (small victories, right?).
But let’s remember the adults. Oh, yes! Cheesy asparagus is a true delight for grown-up taste buds.
- Heavy cream: I will probably get asked if you can use milk or half and half; use the heavy cream. You could probably use half and half if needed, but it’s definitely more decadent with heavy cream.
- Fresh Asparagus Stalks: Cut the stalks down to fit comfortably in a single row in a baking dish.
- Shredded Fresh Parmesan Cheese: For the love of all things, don’t use the green shaker can with this one. Get the freshly shredded kind that comes in a little airtight container.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Don’t have it on hand? Try another cheese; honestly, if you love cheese, you know what you want, so it’s OK to change it up. Just try to stick with white cheese.
- Seasonings: a pinch of cayenne pepper, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper. For some extra heat, try some chili pepper flakes too!
How to make Cheesy Baked Asparagus!
- First, prep by washing and trimming asparagus spears. Lay them down so the tip and bottom lay neatly in a single layer in the baking dish.
- Mix minced garlic and cream and pour over asparagus in a casserole dish.
- Smother stalks of asparagus with your Parmesan and mozzarella. I like to put mozzarella first and Parmesan on top because it crisps the best in the oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees for a cooking time of 20–25 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and slightly brown on the edges. Cooking time varies slightly in individual ovens, and monitoring food is essential.
- Cover the tender asparagus mixture and all that cheese sauce in crispy bacon pieces before serving!
Ultimate Companions: Delicious Matches for a Cheesy Asparagus Recipe
This versatile side dish pairs perfectly with a complete meal, adding a touch of elegance and deliciousness to any meal.
Alice Springs Chicken (Copycat): Indulge in the irresistible combination of tender grilled chicken, crispy bacon, and melted cheese. The savory flavors of this classic Outback Steakhouse dish pair beautifully with cheesy asparagus, creating a restaurant experience right at home.
Simple Honey Glazed Chicken: Ready in under 20 minutes, skillet-seared chicken is smothered in a perfect garlic glaze that complements asparagus.
Air Fryer Steak Bites: Treat yourself to juicy air-fried steak bites alongside your cheesy asparagus. Steak and asparagus are common in high-end restaurants, and why not! The perfect balance of the creamy and cheesy goodness of the asparagus is about all you need with this red-meat favorite.
Air Fryer Parmesan Dill Salmon: One of our reader favorites, this salmon is air fried perfectly and kept low carb with TONS of flavor in this 5-star salmon recipe.
Slow Cooked Olive Garden Chicken Pasta: One of last year’s most viral recipes, this pasta dish has had a wide range of opinions and worth a look! Asparagus is a great side dish to balance out such a filling comfort dish.
Why you will love making Cheesy Asparagus as a side.
Impressive Presentation: Cheesy asparagus adds a touch of elegance and visual appeal to dinner and holiday meals. Its vibrant green color and melty cheese make it an eye-catching side dish.
Seasonal Delight: Asparagus is often freshest and most flavorful during spring, making it the perfect time to enjoy cheesy asparagus as a side dish.
Low-Carb Option: Asparagus with cheesy sauce is a fantastic choice if you’re following a low-carb or keto diet. It’s satisfyingly delicious while keeping your carbohydrate intake in check.
Family-Friendly Favorite: It’s a fantastic way to introduce kids to the wonderful flavors of an asparagus recipe while keeping their taste buds satisfied with the cheesy goodness and creamy sauce.
Prefer an asparagus casserole? Try our cheesy asparagus casserole with shrimp for a great seafood option.
Asparagus Alternatives: Exciting Ingredients to Substitute.
You can easily substitute this baked asparagus recipe for other vegetables.
Please note that you may have to adjust the roasting times to ensure you are not over or under-baking your fresh vegetables.
Try this baked cheesy recipe with the following vegetables; adjust the timing as needed:
Vegetable Side Dishes that Will Rock Your Taste Buds!
3 Must-Try Recipes for Food Lovers.
Are you craving some extra excitement on your plate? Look no further!
Prepare to be blown away by these 3 of our favorite recipes that will elevate supper time.
Whether you’re throwing a fancy dinner party or want a reliable recipe for dinner, these delicious side dish ideas are guaranteed to leave everyone begging for seconds.
- 3 Bean Salad–Lima bean salad is a perfect dish that combines green beans, kidney beans, and tons of delicious Lima beans. Cold salads are also great for potlucks, picnics, and summer food.
- Married Mashed Potatoes–Married mashed potatoes, a sweet potato married to a savory potato like a Russet or a Yukon cold, is a delicious twirly swirly rich side dish everyone will love.
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potatoes–Easy crock pot cheesy potatoes are a perfect no-fuss, reader-loved, and family favorite side dish that is a perfect choice for a holiday menu.
Connect with Us!