Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is the vegetable candy you have been waiting for your entire life. Covered in crispy bacon and wrapped around delicate stalks of oven roasted asparagus, you cannot go wrong once you learn this simple trick to letting these veggies marinate in bacon grease.
Other veggies you can enjoy oven roasted or baking in the oven:
Personally, I always have a hard time with my kids eating their vegetables. But when I wrap ANYTHING in bacon, for some strange reason, everyone just shuts up and eats. Asparagus wrapped in bacon is also great for parties and something a bit different than just starchy side dish options.
This bacon wrapped asparagus recipe is so easy you do not need any measurements.
It’s as simple as some time and minimal preparation for a restaurant quality side dish that is so good you will find yourself snacking in your kitchen.
And if you use an entire pound of bacon, you’ll be able to do lots of asparagus spears.
Tips for Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
So how to make bacon wrapped asparagus in the oven? SIMPLE!
- Time is about 10 minutes of prep.
- Cutting the bacon in half requires a sharp knife or you’ll probably just tear the bacon and get frustrated.
- The more asparagus and bacon you have, the longer it will take to prep it.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
This asparagus side dish is one of those super easy low ingredient kinds that look fancy, taste great, but require so little of you.
You will need the following ingredients, however, feel free to experiment if you like other seasonings as well!
What to serve Bacon Wrapped Asparagus alongside:
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Here’s a quick overview of how to make these simple (and addicting) asparagus spears. The complete recipe is in the printable recipe card at the bottom.
- Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the asparagus to remove the dry ends. Discard these ends.
- Place the asparagus on a prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle them with olive oil.
- Use your hands to mix the asparagus together to evenly coat with oil.
- Return the asparagus to a single layer and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap 1/2 slice around a spear of asparagus.
- Keep the bacon in a single layer so it does not overlap.
- Continue to wrap each asparagus in bacon and lay in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Return bacon wrapped asparagus to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Check the bacon and return to oven for another 5 minutes if necessary and depending on how crispy you like your bacon. Be careful not to overcook your spears though!
- Drain on a paper towel before serving.
How long to cook bacon wrapped asparagus in the oven?
I love making this side dish because it’s easy and quick! You only need to bake your asparagus for 10 minutes and flip the asparagus spears over with tongs.
Is this Keto-friendly?
Yes, these bacon-wrapped asparagus spears are Keto-friendly. There are only 1.6 grams of net carbs in each spear. To grab a few and enjoy!
Try it with balsamic reduction
The slightly-sweet tang of balsamic reduction is perfect with these crispy appetizers. You can either drizzle them with balsamic reduction or put some on the side and dip them.
I have a balsamic reduction recipe that goes with almost any side dish. It’s perfect for this one too!
Can you freeze bacon wrapped asparagus?
- You can freeze asparagus! All you need to do is Blanche your asparagus for approximately one minute. Blanching your asparagus before freezing helps prevent it from discoloring.
- Drain your asparagus and plunge into a bowl filled with ice and water. This provides an instant cool down so your asparagus stops cooking. If you blanch for one minute, you will need to cook for 1 minute.
- Drain, dry, and freeze.
- Note: If you throw them into a bag before they are dry, they will stick. To prevent this, put them on a piece of parchment paper and freeze first and then transfer to a gallon sized baggie
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Oven Baked
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break asparagus to remove the dry ends. Discard ends. Place asparagus on prepared baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with olive oil. Use you hands to mix the asparagus together to evenly coat with oil. Return asparagus to a single layer and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half and wrap 1/2 slice around a spear of asparagus. Keep the bacon in a single layer so it does not overlap. Continue to wrap each asparagus in bacon and lay in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and flip the asparagus spears over with tongs. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Check bacon and return to oven for another 5 minutes if necessary.
- Drain on paper towel before serving.
Pin this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe for later by clicking here:
Other Side Dish Recipe Options to check out before you go:
Click over to grab our top carrot recipe: