Creamy Goat Cheese pizza with a variety of topping like asparagus and crispy bacon make up the perfect homemade pizza.
Bursting with flavor and done in mere minutes, this gourmet goat cheese pizza is your solution to a weeknight recipe to remember!
Crunchy pieces of bacon, a mixture of rich cheeses, and a sprinkling of veggies make this an almost guilt-free recipe that will make you come back for a second, or a third, slice.
Why you should Make Pizza For Dinner
Pizza is Delicious but Simple: I have had the pleasure of eating Pizza in Rome itself, and I will tell you, once you bite off a mozzarella and prosciutto pizza in Italy, you may never go back.
Even though I can’t live in Rome and soak up the food perfection (and the ten extra pounds) daily, I can enjoy a custom pizza at home. This goat cheese pizza with any toppings you love is a perfect weeknight escape when you want a quick recipe but still super flavorful.
- Thin crust pizza crust – I prefer store-bought pizza dough already ready versus making fresh pizza dough. Using a rolling pin can be daunting, and typically when someone wants pizza, they want a quick meal. However, this recipe choice is up to you. Store-made or homemade dough, follow the correct oven temperatures to prevent burning.
- Olive oil – The pizza dough will need olive oil to bake up that golden-brown crust.
- Bacon – Bacon should be precooked before adding on pizza as it won’t cook in the oven with enough time to get to that crispy state otherwise. Try this air-fried bacon recipe, twisted bacon recipe, or make up a whole batch by making bacon in the oven.
- Cheese – While fresh goat cheese is a must, pre-shredded Mozzarella cheese melts so much easier than fresh mozzarella slices when it comes to pizza recipes.
- toppings – asparagus spears cut into 1″ piece and grape tomatoes, cut in half
- seasonings – red pepper flakes and ground black pepper
How to make Goat Cheese Pizza
- Place pizza crust onto a pizza stone or pizza pan (baking sheet). Brush with olive oil (and a bit of minced garlic if you like).
- Top pizza crust with mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, and various pizza toppings (as shown, cherry tomatoes, bacon, and asparagus pieces). There is no tomato sauce in this recipe, so the fresh tomatoes help bring some of that traditional flavor out. If wanted, season with salt (kosher salt) on the tomatoes for extra flavor.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese begins to brown. Pull your perfect pizza with goat cheese from the oven, cool slightly, and slice it into pieces to serve.
How to Crumble Goat Cheese
To “crumble” the goat cheese, you flake it off with a fork.
Break apart large pieces of goat cheese that come off the log before sprinkling them onto the pizza.
Common Kitchen Tools used to make pizza.
Pizza can be a sensitive recipe to cook. It’s so easy to burn on the bottom or even have issues when you go to serve. Having the right pizza equipment in your kitchen is paramount to making a recipe go easy!
- Pizza Stone – really helps with crust.
- Pizza Roller – nothing is easier than using a great pizza roller for perfect pieces.
Gourmet Pizza Topping Substitutions
Sure! Homemade Pizzas can be majorly personal, and while this goat cheese and asparagus pizza are super flavorful and unforgettable, you may want to add or detract ingredients.
Try any of the following ways to change it up with beautiful results:
- Add some Sweet: Sliced fig and freshly sliced pear complement goat cheese.
- Add some Savory: Bright green fresh arugula or shredded spinach leaves are popular choices for making things green.
- Add some Protein – Topping choices that go well with this cheese are prosciutto or thinly sliced ham.
- Use Fresh Herbs – Fresh basil leaves are a game-changer when paired with soft goat cheese.
- Onions – thinly sliced onion slices, caramelized onions, or red onion pieces all bring a nice crisp, flavorful, and ‘bite’ to the gentle soft creamy goat cheese.
I love baking up asparagus on pizza, which has the perfect bite and texture. The funny thing was that it wasn’t my favorite veggie growing up, and my kids don’t love it either, but when I can hide it into bread and cheese, they are more apt to try a few bites without having a full-on tantrum.
Wrap pizza slices in plastic wrap and store in a large ziplock baggie or airtight container.
Skip the Sauce
As you can see, goat cheese and traditional pizza sauce are a no-go for a white pizza.
We prefer to pair ours with olive oil, but one particular way to bring HUGE flavor while still giving that crust the much-needed oil is to brush the crust with PESTO BASIL. Pesto Basil comes in a jar in the sauce aisle.
Related Pizza Recipes
- You won’t believe how easy it is to take store-bought pizza rolls and turn them into garlic parmesan pizza rolls – incredible!
- This pepperoni pizza dip recipe is a deconstructed pizza that you can dip and dip and dip!
- Pull apart pizza brings all the good parts of a pizza right to the forefront- the dough.
- Did you know you can make a Big Mac Pizza Recipe?
- Skip the goat cheese pizza and go for a pizza casserole recipe instead for picky kids.
- The only way to make Caprese Pizza.
Connect with Us!