Ready to make this week’s viral recipe? We tried out the slow cooker olive garden chicken pasta and mmm, mmm, good!! It’s easy to see why this simple chicken smothered in olive garden dressing, parmesan cheese, and cream cheese is a new family favorite recipe.
And because it’s a slow cooker recipe, cooking is a breeze! Scroll below for a video recipe and, at the very bottom, a printable version of this recipe. Get making Olive Garden (inspired) chicken pasta tonight!
Lately, I have been seeing this viral recipe for an inspired Olive Garden slow cooker recipe that includes soft, fork tender chicken and spiral pasta. It’s made with Olive Garden dressing (we picked ours up at Walmart), which I found super intriguing, so we knew we had to try this one and showcase a good copycat recipe for you!
First of all, this recipe is dump and go. I love slow cooker recipes because they really just rely on dumping in the ingredients and then letting it cook low and slow all day.
The kitchen stays clean and dinner is ready when you are ready for it!
Overall, my family gave this recipe 2 thumbs up. My only feedback is that it’s SUPER filling, and adding pasta almost seems like overkill after the thick, saucy chicken breasts.
You could just as easily make this with less carbs over spiraled spaghetti squash if you want to kill some carbs and still enjoy the Olive Garden flavors. However, if you love carbs, pair it with another great viral, Parmesan Roasted Potatoes.
Olive Garden Slow Cooker Chicken
When you are prepping ingredients for this olive garden chicken pasta, you will notice that there are 2 olive garden dressing sizes.
You can buy the smaller version if you prefer, but it will really only leave you enough for this recipe.
If you intend to use the dressing on any side salads, make sure to purchase the larger bottle.
- 2 cups of Olive Garden Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Black Pepper
- 8 oz. Block of Cream Cheese
- 3-4 thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- pasta of choice
How to make TikTok Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
First, prep your slow cooker by spraying down the inside of it. I always prep my slow cooker just to be sure nothing is going to accidentally stick. Alternatively, you can use a slow cooker liner.
Place 3–4 thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts (with any excess fat trimmed) in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Pour 2 cups of Olive Garden Italian dressing over the top of chicken breasts.
Add 1/4th cup shredded parmesan cheese over the top.
NOTE: You can add grated cheese but I prefer shredded
Sprinkle with black pepper.
Now tear up one block of cream cheese and place it around or on top of the chicken. It doesn’t really matter where you put the cream cheese because the low heat will slowly soften the cream cheese and it will be stirred in well at the end.
Place lid on slow cooker and heat low for 5-6 hours or high for 4 hours.
Chicken is done when fork tender.
Take two forks and shred chicken apart.
Mix together combining chicken, dressing, and cream cheese well.
Adding Pasta to Slow Cooker
For the pasta portion, you can either add in pasta directly to the slow cooker OR simply serve the shredded chicken over a bowl of pasta.
Pasta Choices that go great in Olive Garden Chicken
- Spiral Pasta – Spiral pasta (like Rotini Pasta) is the most commonly used in this slow-cooker chicken pasta recipe
- Penne – I like penne for a thicker pasta that also grabs a lot of the dressing on the inside of the pasta, which makes it a more flavorful bite.
- Gnocchi – Gnocchi is really filling but is a delicious way to eat this slow cooker chicken.
- Spiralized spaghetti squash or zucchini – pasta isn’t the only way to go! Serve over veggies too!
More Tested Viral Recipes
- Lava Mug Cake Ooey, gooey, melty delicious rich chocolate molten lava mug cake can be yours to reach EVERY craving you have in just one minute!
- TikTok Dr. Pepper Dupe Only 2 ingredients for this interesting (and a bit healthier with no calories) recipe hack. Tested and created â€“ full recipe on the bottom of the post in an easy-to-print recipe card if you want to try it out!
- Cloud Bread Recipe Super fluffy, fun to make and even more fun to cut into, this cloud bread can be made into any color or flavor. Consisting of 3 simple ingredients, here is how you make the tiktok cloud bread.
- Smoked Queso This Delicious and Easy Queso dip can be made in the oven, on a grill, or in a smoker, and with Rotel, hamburger meat, cream cheese, and Velveeta, there is a reason why this combination became one of the most TikTok Viral Recipes of all time!
- White Chocolate Cocoa Bombs – White chocolate is ultra decadent and so easy to work with and as a bonus, tastes delicious and delightful in a cup of hot cocoa. Plus, it’s perfect to make as a SNOWMAN BOMB!