This non-traditional sweet potato cobbler is foolproof and incredibly delicious.
A mouthwatering cozy cobbler, this simple sweet topping makes this dessert one of the easiest old-fashioned recipes ever.
Why you will love this Cobbler Recipe.
A perfect sweet potato recipe – There is no doubt that sweet potatoes reign in winter.
This sweet potato cobbler is just as delightful of a menu choice, although less known, and is incredibly good.
And unlike a sweet potato pie, it requires no skill whatsoever in crust making.
The Cobbler is a true definition of a cobbler with a sweet combination of sugar, flour, and better, and is a festive take on this southern dessert.
- Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Bring on the Flavor – vanilla extract, cinnamon stick, brown sugar, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pantry Dry goods – granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, and baking powder.
How to make Sweet Potato Cobbler
- Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and add enough water to cover them.
- Stir in granulated sugar, vanilla, and a cinnamon stick.
- Heat over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 8 minutes. Remove from heat drain and discard cinnamon stick.
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a small baking dish or 9″ round pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes into the prepared pan.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until it’s in small chunks.
- Fold in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon crumbly mixture on sweet potatoes and bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and golden brown around the edges.
- Remove sweet potato cobbler from the oven and cool until warm. Serve warm.
- It is truly a cobbler as the top “crust” is sweet. This would also be delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it’s so good as-is.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
There is a great deal many delicious dessert recipes that would go great alongside this one for family gatherings. Here are our favorite ways to get that holiday table the most popular spread around!
This super easy cherry cobbler recipe is top-rated here on Salty Side Dish. 100s have made and have approved for a great Christmas cobbler.
Blackberry Cobbler is a fruit-filled dish with thick cobbler topping, and is a flavorful family recipe.