Perfect for chocoholics, this super rich chocolate dump cake recipe will satisfy that sweet tooth and then some. Unlike many dump cakes that go into the crockpot, this chocolate dump cake goes right into the oven for under-an-hour bake time.
The cook-and-serve pudding and chocolate chip topping is a serious death by chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!
Why you will love this dump cake recipe!
Dump cakes are notoriously loved because of their ease. All in the name, typically, a dump cake is a dump-and-go dessert.
Some dump cakes are known for dumping straight into a slow cooker, and some need combined ingredients dumped into a boxed cake, but all have an ease to expect for great results.
With no eggs needed, you won’t believe how this might be one of the better no fail dump cake recipes you have ever made.
- cook and serve pudding (not instant chocolate pudding)
- white milk
- box chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, optional for serving
How to make a Chocolate Dump Cake.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, add milk and chocolate pudding.
- Heat over medium heat, constantly whisking until the mixture begins to boil and slightly thickens. You’ll feel the mixture thicken with the whisk, but it doesn’t look overly thick.
- Remove from heat and stir the package of cake mix into the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center is warm.
- Cool until warm, and slice and serve.
Can this be duplicated with other cake flavors and pudding?
Absolutely! It’s easy to vary the chocolate cake mix and cook and serve pudding flavors to customize your very own rich and delicious cake recipe.
Serve this rich dessert alongside a smooth and creamy scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Chocolate lovers may want more chocolate chips, and chocolate shavings, or add a few maraschino cherries to the topping. Turn the moist chocolate cake layers into Rocky Road by adding marshmallows!
Need more death by chocolate? Try drizzling chocolate sauce or caramel sauce on top.
Related Dump Dessert Recipes
This cherry cream cheese dump cake recipe has rave reviews from readers! With cherry chessman cookies as the bottom layer, each bite is homemade and delicious.
With the holiday season upon us, pumpkin’s seasonal flavors appear in many desserts. Try out our favorite pumpkin pie dump cake recipe and this brand new two ingredient pumpkin cinnamon roll casserole for dessert OR breakfast.
Love a simple recipe but want to skip the cake? Try out easy cherry cobbler that uses canned cherries for ease. Highly Rated! We have a blueberry cobbler recipe version too!
If you want to stick to slow cooker dump cake ideas, we have those traditional and classic ones as well. Try Crockpot Blueberry Dump Cake, Crockpot Apple Dump Cake, and Peach Cobbler Dump Cake.