Street corn recipes are truly some of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to serve Elote.
This Mexican Elote Dip is perfection – with tons of cheese, this creamy warm dip is perfect as an appetizer or loaded up for a fresh-off-the-cob taste packed with flavor.
From Mexican street corn casserole, Mexican street corn salad, or simply Mexican street corn on the grill, this corn recipe will make your next gathering a hit!
Why you will love making Elote Dip.
Warm Cheesy Dip –
There is a great deal many delicious cold corn dip recipes, so when we get to talk about a nice warm dip, I get excited.
Perfectly smooth, creamy, and hearty, this cream cheese corn dip can be served right out of the oven in a cast iron pan. There is heaven, and then there is hot corn dip heaven!
Subsitutions work – This dip deserves your creativity.
Make this Elote Dip recipe your own!
From substituting Cojita cheese with Queso Fresco to adding Rotel or black beans, this bubbly corn dip works well for an ingredient household with a full pantry.
- cream cheese
- shredded pepper jack cheese
- sour cream
- diced cilantro, plus more for serving
- minced garlic
- whole kernel corn, drained
- chili powder
- Cotija cheese or Queso fresco
- tortilla chips
- kosher salt and black pepper
Cream Cheese Dip!
Things to note on this dip is that its very much based in cream cheese. Some readers may want to add more seasoning or spice to balance that out if you need a huge boost of flavor in your dips.
How to make Street Corn Dip.
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Add cream cheese, shredded pepper jack cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, minced garlic, and fresh corn kernels into a casserole dish or 10″ ovenproof iron skillet. Season with Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix as best as possible, breaking up the cream cheese a bit.
- Place sweet corn and cream cheese mixture into the oven and heat for 10 minutes. Stir and return the baking dish or cast iron pan to the oven.
- Heat for an additional 10 minutes and stir well.
- Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes (30 minutes total cooking time) and remove when hot.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Top with chopped fresh cilantro leaves and crumbled Cojita cheese before serving with chips.
Serve Dip With
Corn dip is typically served with tortilla chips or corn chips. We like Fritos SCOOPS because it has a spoon-type shape that holds a lot of Elote dip and is great for Game Day.
Another way to serve viral street corn dip is to dump over tortilla chips for a Mexican Street Corn Nacho!
Add some heat – Add diced jalapeno peppers or green chiles to the corn mixture before baking, or serve with hot sauce for additional heat.
Toppings – while this dip is fine to serve alone, a little fresh lime juice, sliced olives, sour cream, or salsa make the ultimate topper.
Seasonings – This dip is intentionally kept simple, but a packet of taco seasoning mixed into this Mexican dish also makes it the perfect appetizer.
Canned corn simplicity – There are many types of canned corn. Use sweet corn kernels, roasted corn, or fire-roasted corn for additional flavor in your elote corn dip.
Related Dip Recipes
One of our most popular appetizer recipes, our crack corn dip with loads of cheese, is also hot out of the oven fantastic.
Chunky, hearty, and filling, this Cowboy Caviar is a Tex-Mex dip that doesn’t require any prep or cooking. 5-star perfection for ease and flavor.
5 Minute Black Bean Salsa is a perfect recipe to keep in your back pocket at a busy party. If you run out of food, whip this one up to serve in mere minutes and get everyone back to munching.
Leave A Reply!