Brown butter chocolate chip cookies are the last cookie recipe you will ever need (according to TikTok).
These chewy cookies with nutty brown butter bake up with a perfect amount of thick chocolate chunks and are currently one of the biggest trending cookie recipes!
The only recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies you will ever need
Satisfies a Sweet Tooth – There is nothing more delicious than a classic chocolate chip cookie. Nostalgic, warm cookies from scratch are one of the best ways to have a “me” moment.
Ultra flavorful – The secret in these cookies is the brown butter, so don’t leave out this simple step.
This recipe, which she calls “the last chocolate chip cookie recipe you will ever need,” went viral on TikTok (several times) with nearly 16 Million views on its original inception. See viral video recipe creator @audreysaurus and follow all her awesome food videos on her page.
Changes we made from the original TikTok Video.
After reading the ingredients, there were a lot of complaints about too much flour, so we lessened the original recipe by 1/4th of a cup and had pretty good results. As a professional food blogger, one of the most complex categories of food to reproduce is baking and desserts.
It’s very easy to overmeasure or pack ingredients like flour. It’s possible the original viral cookie recipe had more flour and worked just fine, but users that recreated it didn’t measure the same way.
Did we like this chocolate chip cookie recipe? These seemed more straightforward to make than traditional cookies and we thought they were super tasty. They were just like a normal cookie. So a little crunch on the outside and chewy inside.
- Wet Ingredients – Butter, granulated white sugar, light brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Dry Ingredients – All-purpose flour and baking soda.
- Chocolate chunks – We like Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chunk Morsels.
How to make TikTok Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add butter to a saucepan on the stove. Heat over medium heat, melting butter, and cook for 5-8 minutes. Butter should be browned, bubbly, and have a nutty aroma and flavor.
- Remove browning butter mixture from heat and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add sugars and mix until the consistency is like wet sand.
- Add egg, and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix together flour and baking soda into the sugar mixture and mix well. Fold flour mixture into the dough just until combined.
- Fold chocolate chunks into cookie dough.
- Use a two tablespoon portion cookie scoop to scoop dough onto a baking sheet, keeping cookies 2″ apart.
- Bake time is about 12-14 minutes before removing from the oven.
- Let stand on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before placing cookies onto a cooling rack.
- Let baked cookies cool completely before enjoying them with a tall glass of milk!
For Even Baking
To ensure cookies are cooked right every time, a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop can really help with that. This handy little kitchen utensil ensures all cookies are the same size and stop cooking at the same size.
- For some depth of flavor, add flaky sea salt. Coarse salt tastes amazing with milk chocolate chips!
- Add an extra egg yolk for a chewier cookie. More egg yolks create a softer, chewier cookie, and fewer egg yolks have a crisp texture.
Related Viral Recipes
- The last juicy chicken recipe you will ever need.
- The last mug cake recipe you will ever need.
- Is healthy coke really coke?
- The last dip recipe you will ever need.
- The last garlic bread recipe you will ever need.
- The last camping recipe you will ever need.