Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Beignets Stuffed with Oreo’s or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups is a delicious fair style “fried Oreo” or “stuffed beignet” that is smothered with powdered sugar and done in only 8 minutes.
Ninja Foodi Beignets
As a southerner, I have had my share of beignets. Delicious fried up dough sprinkled with white powdered sugar – yes please! In fact, if you had to New Orleans, its almost a city requirement to hit up Cafe Du Monde and eat a plate of 3 with some Coffee!
But what happens when you get home? The cravings, they just don’t stop!
And they don’t need to – you can make super simple, super easy, no fuss balls of dough right from your own personal air fryer (Ninja Foodi is what I own) any time you want and in mere minutes!And while these air fryer beignets can in no way compare to authenticate and traditional New Orleans cuisine, they are still just SO good, kid friendly, ready in minutes ,and are also super fun to make!
Call these an Oreo stuffed beignet or simple a fried Oreo- no matter what you call them, I call them delicious!
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what you need to gather to get started:
- Oreo’s or Reese’s Peanut butter Cups (both shown)
- Cooking Spray
Air Fryer Beignets made with Croissants
Spray tender crisp cooking basket with nonstick cooking spray.
Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter and unfold your croissants and gently separate.
Add an Oreo, Reese’s cup, or any other item you are stuffing your croissants with, on top.
Gather dough together and squeeze to close the Oreo inside, taking care not to tear the dough or leave any side openings.
I found it best to simply gather like a dumpling and then roll in your hands like a ball of play dough till round.
Complete all beignets.
Place inside air fryer basket.
Set your Air Fryer on 350 Degrees for 7 minutes. You may need 8 minutes total, but check at 7 for desired doneness.
Pull beignets out of Ninja Foodi with tongs. If the dough sticks a little on the basket, use two forks to gently release bottom without tearing dough.
(We had one that stuck a little and two forks helped it come right up).
Place on plate and dust with powdered sugar.
Serve immediately and while hot!
Can you use Cooking Spray with the Ninja Foodi?
I can tell you that when I see this question all over the internet, constant articles repeat that using cooking spray in your air fryer basket can cause it to chip.
But in the Ninja Foodi manual regarding the Air Fryer Tender crisp basket, they specifically recommend using cooking spray in place of oil on your food.
Therefore it is my conclusion that cooking spray like Pam does not harm or is at the very least, is expected usage of the Ninja Foodi.
Stuff with Oreos…or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
The best part about making delicious air fried dough is stuffing it with…stuff! Gently fold inside Oreo’s (of any flavor!) or a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
You could also add other varying chocolate candies that melt inside or even a chocolate chip cookie! My husband preferred the texture of the melted peanut butter cup inside his and I thought the fried Oreo tasted just like a fair Oreo.
Let’s talk Air Fryers!
I get a lot of questions on the difference in a Ninja Foodi and other air fryers. The truth is, I only own the all in one Ninja Foodi because I had 10 different appliances. The foodi is great because its an air fryer, saute, oven, pressure cooker, and slow cooker all in one.
It’s as simple as adding the accessories you want to use, like the crisper basket, tray, and snapping on the right lid and boom.
While this air fryer recipe showcases my personal machine, you could likely translate your Oreo stuffed beignets to any air fryer.
Just like everyone has a different oven that may need alterations, you may need to watch this recipe the first time around so you know your exact timing. That being said, its really hard to mess up an air fryer recipe because unlike a pressure cooker, you can open the lid and look inside!
Here are a few of my other Ninja Foodi Recipes –
- Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
- Ninja Foodi Popcorn
- Ninja Foodi Corn on the Cob
- Ninja Foodi Red Potatoes with Parmesan
Did you make my recipe and stuff with something amazing – let me know in the comments, I love to hear your changes, plus readers love to read and be inspired on what YOU did!
- 8 count pack of Croissants
- Oreo's or Reese's Peanut butter Cups (both shown)
- Cooking Spray
- Spray Ninja Foodi tender crisp cooking basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the kitchen counter and unfold your croissants and gently separate.
- Add an Oreo, Reese's cup, or any other item you are stuffing your croissants with, on the inside of the dough croissant. Gather dough together and squeeze to close the Oreo inside, taking care not to tear the dough or leave any side openings. I found it best to simply gather like a dumpling and then roll in your hands like a ball of play dough till round.
- Complete all beignets.
- Place dough inside air fryer basket.
- Set your Air Fryer on 350 Degrees for 7 minutes. You may need 8 minutes total, but check at 7 for desired doneness.
- Pull beignets out of Ninja Foodi with tongs. If the dough sticks a little on the basket, use two forks on either side of the dough to gently release bottom without tearing dough (We had one that stuck a little and two forks helped it come right up).
- Place Oreo Stuffed Beignets on plate and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately and while hot! (they wont be as good cooled down!)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 81Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.