Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Oreo Stuffed Beignets(or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups) are a delicious fair style “fried Oreo” or “stuffed beignet” that is smothered with powdered sugar and done in only 8 minutes.
These air fryer Oreos are the best way to enjoy Oreo cookies and do not require any messy pancake mix or pancake batter. In fact, Air Fryer Fried Oreos are so easy that it makes bringing fair food home about as easy as it gets.
As a southerner, I have had my share of beignets to satisfy my sweet tooth. Delicious fried up dough sprinkled with white powdered sugar – yes please! In fact, if you go to New Orleans, its almost a requirement to hit up Café Du Monde and eat a plate of 3 beignets with some Coffee!
But what happens when you get home? The cravings for beignets and fried dessert don’t stop.
And while these air fryer beignets can in no way compare to authenticate and traditional New Orleans cuisine or even the deep fried state fairs, these copycat dupes are still just SO good.
A kid friendly air fryer dessert, ready in minutes and super fun to make, you won’t need many ingredients to make the magic happen. Call these an Oreo stuffed beignet or simply a fried Oreo- no matter what you call them, call them delicious.
Air Fried Deep Fried Oreos
To make this dessert recipe, all that is needed is a biscuit dough (we use Crescent dough/Croissant Dough) and Oreo’s (yes, even double stuff Oreos are fine!). Using the air fryer is the healthier version of a true fried Oreo and produce amazing air fryer biscuit Oreos.
Skip the local fair, skip the deep frying, using your air fryer for dessert is the best thing to do for an Oreo Lover!
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what you need to gather to get started and then scroll down for simple steps:
- Crescent Dough
- Oreo Cookies or Reese’s Peanut butter Cups (both shown)
- Cooking Spray
Ninja Foodi Oreo Beignets
With an amazing taste, this ultimate fair-inspired food blows the water out of deep fried Oreos recipes. And making air fried Oreos is SO easy!
Spray tender crisp cooking basket (depending on your brand the name changes, its simply the basket of the air fryer) with nonstick cooking spray.
Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter and unfold tube of crescent roll dough on a flat surface and gently separate.
Add regular Oreos, a chocolate Reese’s cup, or any other cookie or candy you are stuffing croissant dough with directly on top of rolled out dough.
Gather dough together and squeeze to close the Oreo inside, taking care not to tear the dough or leave any side openings.
The best way to gather the dough is like a dumpling and then roll the dough (with Oreo inside) in your hands like a ball of playdough till round (see video in post for demonstration)
Complete stuffing all Oreo Beignets.
Place each stuffed beignet in a single layer inside air fryer basket.
No need to preheat the Air Fryer.
Set Air Fryer on 350 Degrees for 7 minutes. Please note that air fryer times may slightly vary, so you may need 8 minutes total, but check at 7 for desired golden brown color.
Pull stuffed beignets out of Ninja Foodi with tongs.
If the dough sticks a little on the basket, use two forks to gently release bottom without tearing dough.
(We had one that stuck a little and two forks helped it come right up).
Smother tops of Air Fried Deep Fried Oreos with chocolate sauce, powdered sugar or caramel for a truly indulgent treat. This air fryer dessert is one the entire family will just LOVE!
CAN YOU USE COOKING SPRAY WITH THE NINJA FOODI?
I can tell you that when I see this question all over the internet, constant articles repeat that using cooking spray in your air fryer basket can cause it to chip.
But in the Ninja Foodi manual regarding the Air Fryer Tender crisp basket, they specifically recommend using cooking spray in place of oil on your food.
Therefore it is my conclusion that cooking spray like Pam does not harm or is at the very least and is expected usage of the Ninja Foodi.
STUFF WITH OREOS…OR REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!
The best part about making delicious air fried dough is stuffing it with…stuff! Gently fold inside Oreo’s ( which come in a variety of different flavors!) or a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
You could also add other varying chocolate candies that melt inside or even a chocolate chip cookie for an easy dessert! My husband prefers the texture of the melted peanut butter cup inside his and I thought the fried Oreo tasted just like a fair Oreo. Either way these heavenly little creations are a new spin on a fun dessert.
LET’S TALK AIR FRYERS!
I get a lot of questions on the difference in a Ninja Foodi and other air fryers. The truth is, I only own the all in one Ninja Foodi because I had 10 different appliances. The foodi is great because its an air fryer, sauté, oven, pressure cooker, and slow cooker all in one.
The Ninja Foodi is as simple as adding the accessories you want to use, like the crisper basket, tray, and snapping on the right lid and boom.
While this air fryer recipe showcases my personal machine, you could likely translate your Oreo stuffed beignets to any air fryer.
Just like everyone has a different oven that may need alterations, you may need to watch this recipe the first time around so you know your exact timing.
That being said, its really hard to mess up an air fryer recipe because unlike a pressure cooker, you can open the lid and look inside!
Air Fryer Oreo Stuffed Beignets
- 8 count pack of Crescent Roll Dough
- Oreo’s or Reese’s Peanut butter Cups - both shown
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Spray Ninja Foodi tender crisp cooking basket with nonstick cooking spray. If you are using any other Air Fryer brand, spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the kitchen counter and unfold croissant dough (crescent roll dough) on a flat surface and gently separate. If the dough is difficult to separate, use a pizza roller.
- Add any flavor Oreo, Reese’s cup, or any cookie to croissant dough the inside of the dough.
- Gather dough together and squeeze top to close the Oreo inside, taking care not to tear the dough or leave any side openings. I found it best to simply gather like a dumpling and then roll in your hands like a ball of play dough till round.
- Complete all Oreo stuffed beignets.
- Place cooked filled dough inside air fryer basket.
- Set Air Fryer on 350 Degrees for 7 minutes. You may need 8 minutes total, but check at 7 for desired doneness and golden brown crust.
- Pull beignets out of Ninja Foodi with tongs.
- If the dough sticks a little on the basket, use two forks on either side of the dough to gently release bottom without tearing dough (We had one that stuck a little and two forks helped it come right up).
- Place Air Fried Oreo Stuffed Beignets on plate and dust with powdered sugar or chocolate sauce.
- Serve Air Fryer Dessert immediately and while hot! (they wont be as good cooled down!)