Black Bean and Corn Salsa is such a perfectly festive chunky salsa recipe that loads up your chip with a dip that makes your mouth dance! Done in minutes, you can go from prep to snack attack in about 5 minutes tops.
And the best part is when you run out of this delicious black bean salsa (cause at a party this dip is da bomb), it won’t take much time to refill the bowl for another round.
Looking for an excuse to make Mexican food this week?
- The sun is shining…or not.
- Its almost summer vacation.
- You paid your mortgage today.
- What I am saying is YOU NEED NO EXCUSE TO EAT THIS DIP!
Black Bean Salsa Grocery List
Tacos, salsa, and basically anything smothered in hot sauce and sour cream is like a gift from above. Here is a quick grocery list of what ingredients you need to have on hand to proceed with making black bean chunky salsa.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions.
- corn – canned and drained
- black beans – canned
- red onion – diced
- fresh tomatoes – chopped
- jalapeno – seeds removed and diced
- fresh cilantro – chopped
- olive oil
- fresh lime
- tortilla chips
How to make Black Bean Salsa
- In a large bowl combine canned drained corn, canned black beans, diced onion, tomato, chopped jalapeno and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Mix all fresh salsa ingredients super well to combine flavors.
- Stir in oil, lime juice and spices and mix fully again to make sure there are no spices over concentrated in one area…that might make for a spicy bite!
- Refrigerate black bean salsa, preferably overnight, to let flavors mingle fully but you can also serve immediately if you need to.
Serve Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe with homemade tortilla chips or cut up tortillas.
More Dips to Chow Down On
Looking for more amazing salsas and dips to dig into? Try uber popular Crock Pot Velveeta Cheese Dip (with chicken!) or this Queso dip that can be made on the grill or in the oven, also craving worthy.
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- tortilla chips
- In a large bowl combine drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans, diced red onion, chopped tomato, diced up jalapeno and freshly chopped cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients very well in a bowl -spatula works great for this as it doesn't crush the veggies.
- Stir in olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, all spices and mix well.
- Refrigerate black bean salsa dip if you have time, preferably overnight to let flavors mingle, but you can also serve immediately.
- Dip goes amazing with homemade tortilla chips.
Serving Size:4 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 652mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 10gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.