Great to feed a crowd; there will be tons of double chip dipping into all that fresh corn-off-the-cob flavor.
This recipe used to be on our sister site, Viral Recipes, but you can now find all your favorite recipes in one place! Please note because we merged sites, this recipe is likely missing all of the amazing recipe ratings our readers had given us. We would love for you to return and rate to help readers again!
Why you will love making Mexican Corn Dip
Go to Summer Dip – This go-to dip is perfect for a potluck, picnic, or poolside! With so much flavor packed into one recipe, this summer side dish is ready for anything.
While not traditionally Mexican (as in salsa flavors), this recipe is reminiscent of Mexican street corn with the savory tastes of mayo, the acidic lime, and the sweet fresh corn. Absolutely a party favorite!
- Cobs of corn – Shucked and silk removed. While this recipe can be made with very well-drained canned sweet corn or frozen corn (thawed and the juice drained), fresh corn on the cob gives the right amount of crispiness to the dip. We also use it in this couscous salad recipe for the same reason.
- Mayonnaise – I firmly believe that full-fat mayo (Hellmann’s, if I am being specific) should be used. They have the most flavor when it comes to salads and dips.
- Juice of half a lime – Fresh limes produce about 1 tbsp fresh lime juice but it’s OK to lower that and add a little to taste.
- Seasonings – chili powder, fresh cilantro leaves, and salt and black pepper.
- Cheese – Either cotija cheese or feta cheese crumbles.
- Serve – tortilla chips, this homemade cheez-its recipe, or corn chips for serving
How to make Street Corn Dip
- Place corn cobs into a large stock pot of boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse the ears of corn with cold water to cool.
- Use a knife to cut the corn kernels off the cob. Break apart the long strips of kernels into smaller pieces and place them into a mixing bowl.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add full-fat mayonnaise, lime juice, chili powder, and fresh cilantro, and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Fold in Feta Cheese Crumbles.
- Cover corn mixture and refrigerate until ready to serve and let flavors mingle, or serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Tip to Get Corn off the Cob
This corn stripper is one of our kitchen secrets to quickly get every last corn kernel off fresh cobs of corn. You can find them at Walmart, but if you want to pop it in your Amazon cart, that works too. A must-have for when you need it and should be in your kitchen drawer!
- Great ingredient variations include small diced tomatoes, freshly diced avocado (Right before serving), and chopped green onions. Black beans are also a typical corn dip but if added, make sure to rinse and dry black beans, or the juice from the can will turn the entire dip/salad brown.
- Want to skip the heat? Substitute the chili powder for something tamer like paprika. You get the color without the spice.
- Great toppers for some medium heat (that also provide some color) are sliced jalapeno peppers or a can of drained green chiles.
Related Viral Dip Recipes
- There are only four simple ingredients and NO cooking for this summer-friendly boat dip recipe!
- Smooth and creamy, tiktok hot cocoa dip recipe isn’t just for fall and holiday cooking. This spring and summer-friendly dip will let you use your chocolate cocoa mix to whip up a perfectly dippable dessert.
- Cream cheese dips are incredibly welcome at a party – make sure to try cream cheese sausage dip and smoked cream cheese (one of the best ways to use the grill that doesn’t include a burger).
- You won’t believe what bold flavors come out of this olive dip tapenade recipe. Unique and SO good.
- Sweet and savory, try this fried brie and blueberries dip for a lunchtime treat.