Cowboy Caviar, or Texas Caviar, is a healthy, flavorful, and easy dip recipe with delicious chunks of avocado.
Full of diced veggies and a healthy serving of beans, this dip is a can’t go wrong trendy appetizer or Texas side dish perfect for party crowds, big football games, or as a stay-at-home movie snack.
Why you will love this Perfect Party Side Dish
Salsa and dips are delicious and fun to eat year round and with very little work, this recipe is truly a dump and enjoy a version of a simple and easy appetizer.
And while this no-nonsense dip itself is just a prep of cutting up the veggies (yay for no cooking!), you can go one step further, add some beef or chicken and really make Cowboy Caviar into a savory and filling Mexican Nacho night.
You don’t need a Sunday or a big party to sit down and make up this delicious and ultimate Cowboy Caviar – however, it IS one of the most perfect football party side dishes!
Full of chunky vegetables, delicious sweet red onions, and a balance of hearty beans, this easy recipe is no doubt perfect to chow when you are vegging out in front of the TV!
This Cowboy Caviar dip is dangerously delicious. You likely have many of these ingredients on hand already, but here is a quick glance grocery list to grab.
- black beans, drained and rinsed
- pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- corn (frozen or canned, drained, is fine)
- orange peppers
- red peppers
- yellow pepper
- red onions
- chili powder
- black pepper
- olive oil
- tortilla chips
How to make the Best Cowboy Caviar
- Add the first 10 ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Gently combine and mix them together.
- Add the seasoning (chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper) and mix well.
- Drizzle olive oil and squeeze lime juice onto the mixture (making a light tangy vinaigrette) and mix well to evenly coat. Add fresh cilantro leaves.
- Refrigerate TikTok Cowboy Caviar for 2-4 hours or overnight to let flavors mingle and marinate for the boldest flavors.
- Stir well before serving. Occasionally the fridge may dry out dip if not sealed properly, so it’s fine to add an additional tablespoon of oil if necessary.
- Serve dip recipe with homemade tortilla chips.
Add Healthy Avocado for Ultimate Cowboy Caviar!
While this cowboy caviar recipe above has no avocado, you can easily add chunks of it right before serving.
Remember that avocado starts to turn brown over time when exposed to the air, so make sure this ingredient is the last thing you add prior to serving and eating to avoid it oxidizing all day.
What to Serve with TikTok Texas Caviar
Chunky dips like Texas Caviar with beans and corn typically need flat surfaces to scoop up big delicious tastes.
- homemade tortilla chips
- crunchy crostini’s
- crispy corn tortillas
Is Cowboy Caviar Keto Friendly?
I get asked if Cowboy Caviar is Keto and Low Carb a lot. While beans are an amazing source of natural protein, they are not keto-friendly if you are on a strict diet.
That doesn’t mean this football dip isn’t a great choice over other party side dishes.
Here are estimated nutritional values.
Disclaimer: Dietary information provided by Carb Manager. If you are on a KETO or Low Carb diet, always make sure to double-check your own information with this or My Fitness Pal based on the brands and weights you use.
I am not responsible for the calculations but do try to provide as much information as possible for readers to make informed decisions.
See TikTok Viral Recipes
If you love viral recipes and recipe trends, make sure to check out our other food recipe page at www.ViralRecipes.com and find the exact recipe you need!
This is another famous recipe that Helen Corbitt created in the 1940s. She is the same one that made my favorite dip in the world “Neiman Marcus Dip.”
More recently this dish has also made its rounds on TikTok but Cowboy Caviar is not new.
Yes, this recipe is completely vegan. It is full of whole foods like beans and fresh herbs.
Wow, you have some dip left?? All jokes aside, if you have an excess of this recipe, it is best NOT to freeze cowboy caviar. This recipe needs to be served fresh. If you do have leftovers, I suggest making them a meal and serving them on top of White Chicken Enchiladas instead.
Black beans and Pinto Beans are best for this dip as shown, however, it’s fine to vary beans like Kidney beans, Black-eyed peas, and Navy beans if you like.
Cilantro either tastes super fresh and almost sweet or it tastes like soap. If you are one of those people that hates cilantro, then you can leave it out.
A really great substitute for cilantro is green onions.
Related Mexican-Inspired Recipes
- Mexican Ground Beef Casserole
- This common dip or side dish is amazing all summer long! Try Mexican Street Corn Salad with Feta, which goes perfectly with a burger.
- This fiesta corn salad recipe is as beautiful as it is delicious.
- A Fresh cilantro lime rice recipe is the perfect pairing with a taco!
- Need nothing but a grill and fresh ears of corn to make the perfect Elote Street Corn in your own backyard!
- 30 Minute easy chicken tortilla soup is a great dinner to add a ton of fixings to!
- If you’re trying to keep it low carb, try this salsa chicken recipe. If you’re not, TikTok Walking Tacos is a fun family-friendly idea.
Connect with Us!