TikTok Bourbon chicken with its Sweet and tangy bourbon sauce, skillet made, is an excellent viral chicken recipe that is perfect to serve up for busy weeknights.
Sizzling, sauteed tender chicken with the most perfect Bourbon glaze can be served over white or brown rice, noodles, or simply enjoyed as a meal on its own!
Why you will love making Easy Bourbon Chicken
Quick Dinner – This takeout-style chicken is incredibly easy to make at home; plus, as a bonus is very quick. With pantry staples and a little bit of whiskey, this authentic sauce and original recipe are thought to have started on Bourbon Street in the great city of New Orleans.
Filling – We all know that budget shopping is important in menu planning, and a flavorful chicken dish can go a long way in filling up hungry tummies.
This recipe can be made with chicken breast or chicken thighs, which tend to be more cost-effective and very juicy.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts or skinless chicken thighs
- Vegetable oil
- Chicken Bourbon Sauce (Sauce Ingredients) – minced garlic, ground ginger, soy sauce, bourbon whiskey, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and white sugar.
- White rice, cooked and kept warm. My favorite rice cooker is this one.
- Optional Toppings – Chopped fresh parsley, green onions, or sesame seeds, all optional for serving.
How to make TikTok Bourbon Chicken
- Heat chicken breasts in a hot skillet, browning on both sides, for about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces or cubes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, combine oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, bourbon whiskey, apple cider vinegar, and sugars.
- Add reserved, cooked chicken to the sauce mixture.
- Cook bourbon sauce and chicken over medium heat, stirring frequently until sauce begins to thicken, sugar is no longer grainy, and chicken is hot.
- Serve juicy chicken on top of white rice with chopped fresh parsley or green onions if desired. Spoon extra sauce over rice.
Would we make this TikTok Chicken Recipe again?
This is good. I couldn’t find chicken thighs (stupid grocery store), so I went with breasts, which was really good. Delicious flavors, and the chicken was nice and juicy!
If I had used a fattier cut (thighs), I would have had more charring, as we see in many viral recipe video trends, but overall, this homemade bourbon chicken recipe was delicious.
I think I let my sauce thicken a little too much. I got carried away and left it on the stove and when I came back, it was thick, not as much sauce as I wanted to run all over the rice, but it was still good!
Bourbon Street Chicken Variations
Applebees has a very popular Bourbon Chicken and Shrimp. Simply double the sauce and add cooked shrimp to enjoy a little restaurant quality change at home.
This recipe is fairly mild and very family-friendly, but if you are looking for a little more spice, try adding pepper flakes, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic cloves can dial up some mild heat.
For simple extra flavor in this weeknight meal, there are tons of marinade ingredients that bring more out of the sticky and sweet sauce.
Sauce too thin? Typically that isn’t the case in this dinner recipe; however, if you find yourself with that issue, making a cornstarch slurry should thicken it up very quickly.
Sauce too thick? Add a little bit of chicken stock or heavy cream to the bourbon chicken sauce.
Related Viral Chicken Recipes
- Once you learn how to make chicken breast with the TikTok Chicken 101 Recipe, you will never doubt boneless, skinless chicken again.
- Sweet, spicy chili sauce is the star in this Bang Bang Chicken Recipe, a Bonefish restaurant copycat.
- A chicken recipe so good they call it crack.
- Did you know you can fry chicken tenders in cheetos?
- One of our most popular recipes, TikTok’s Honey Butter Fried Chicken is a reader favorite.
Leave A Reply!