Considered by some a perfect salad, Jennifer Aniston’s salad is known by her own name – “Jennifer Aniston Salad.”
Rumored to be her current favorite blend of healthy ingredients, green veggies combo, and bright, bold flavors of feta and fresh herbs, this famous salad recipe may just be the lunch you always wanted.
Why you will love making a Delicious Salad Recipe!
Guilt-Free Meal – Jennifer Aniston’s guilt-free salad is a great blend of light and refreshing ingredients and protein to help you get through a busy day. Plus, leftovers make it an easy grab and go to enjoy the rest of the week!
Iconic Salad – Everyone is always looking for a new and refreshing salad to put together, and this is a perfect salad for lunch that can be easily altered with your favorite fresh ingredients – even if you are not Rachel Greene.
- Canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Vegetables – cucumber and red onion (pickled or diced)
- Fresh Herbs – fresh parsley and fresh mint leaves
- Feta cheese
- Cooked Quinoa – I cooked 1/2 cup of quinoa and had more than a cup for the salad.
- Dressing – balsamic vinegar, virgin olive oil, kosher salt, and ground black pepper.
How to make the Jennifer Aniston Salad from TikTok
- Mix rinsed chickpeas, cucumber, parsley, mint, feta cheese, red onion, pistachios, and quinoa. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper and whisk well.
- Drizzle over salad and mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Would we make this Jennifer Aniston salad again?
Whether or not this original recipe was actually created or eaten by Jennifer, the truth is we found this recipe just “ok.”
We are not sure this viral recipe, other than the iconic creator (and we do love JA), is worth a second look.
There are just too many celebrity salads that top it, like the green cabbage TikTok Green Goddess Salad Recipe, Hot Girl Summer Salad recipe, Shirazi salad, and of course, the refreshing “TikToks favorite salad” recipe.
Some recipes say that this trend was created with cooked Bulgur wheat over quinoa – we have seen it both ways online, and certainly, when it’s a rumor, ingredients get lost in translation.
Overall the effect of the sizing between each ingredient is relatively similar. The difference lies in that bulgur wheat is precooked wheat, and quinoa is technically a seed.
Both items offer a great deal many nutritional benefits, but quinoa seems to be a bit healthier.
TikTok Salad Variations
Overall the depth of this viral salad could be better, and we recommend a few changes to spice it up.
Switch up the pistachios for sunflower seeds.
Dont like feta cheese? Try adding tangy and creamy goat cheese.
Fresh corn kernels and rinsed black beans are a welcome addition for color and flavor.
The dressing is tangy but slightly bland, so we like to add a little Tzatziki sauce or sour cream on the side to mix in. This gives the salad bowl a little bit of creaminess.
Viral TikTok Recipes
Want to start and finish your day with great food? Start the day with a Natures Cereal recipe, follow up lunch with a TikTok viral healthy coke beverage and either this salad recipe or Grated eggs, and finish up with a homemade sweet and tangy Bourbon Chicken recipe for dinner!
A perfect day with perfect viral recipes!
Jennifer Anistons Salad (TikTok Viral)
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 large Cucumber sliced and quartered
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup cooked quinoa you only need 1/2 cup of uncooked to create 1 cup of cooked
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Mix rinsed and dried chickpeas, quartered cucumber, fresh parsley, fresh mint, crumbled feta cheese, diced red onion, chopped pistachios, and cooked and cooled quinoa. Set aside.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and ground black pepper and whisk well.
- Drizzle light dressing over salad and mix together well.
- Serve salad recipe immediately or cover and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Chicken – In a pinch, premade Rotisserie chicken can be shredded and added.
- Switch up the pistachios for sunflower seeds.
- Dont like feta cheese? Try adding tangy and creamy goat cheese.
- Fresh corn kernels and rinsed black beans are a welcome addition for color and flavor.
- The dressing is tangy but slightly bland, so we like to add a little Tzatziki sauce or sour cream on the side to mix in. This gives the salad bowl a little bit of creaminess.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.