TikTok’s bang bang chicken, a fantastic crispy chicken smothered in a delicious spicy sweet chili sauce, is not only a Bonefish copycat but is literal at-home cooking perfection.
Make just the chicken breasts to pair with a side dish or slice down for the world’s more flavorful salad, bang bang chicken (traditionally served by Chinese vendors) is spiced up in a creamy mayo Sriracha sauce.
Why you will love Bang Bank Chicken for Dinner
- This viral TikTok recipe was worth the hype! Although not all viral recipes are delicious out the gate, you can trust that if you like a bit of spice, the crunchy crispy chicken smothered in bang bang sauce by @EatWithAlyssa did not lead us astray.
- Weeknight dinners can get a bit bland sometimes, but not these pieces of chicken! The hot sauce demands your tongue’s attention.
- The crispy chicken versus the sweet and spicy sauce is a banging combination!
These ingredients comprise not only the crispy chicken but the bold chili sauce. Please see the printable recipe for a breakdown of chicken and spicy sauce.
- Buttermilk – Rich and creamy, buttermilk is the perfect choice for marinating chicken in spices.
- Seasonings and spices: paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, and ground black pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts – Pound the defrosted chicken down to about 1/2″ thick
- Vegetable oil for frying – There are many choices for frying oil, but vegetable oil (to me) has the lightest flavor that won’t change the taste of the overall recipe.
- sweet chili sauce
- seasonings – Bang bang chicken also contains the same spices as the marinade.
How to make Viral Bang Bang Chicken
Flavor the Chicken
- Mix buttermilk, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add chicken breasts and mix well.
- If possible, tuck all chicken under the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for four hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and set aside.
- Mix cornstarch, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add oil to a frying pan, so it’s at least 1″ deep. Heat over medium-high heat.
- Dredge chicken into the cornstarch mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Place into hot oil with a cooking time of about 4-5 minutes on each side until brown and crispy.
- Drain each piece of chicken on a paper towel.
Smother in Bang Bang Sauce
Whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, and spoon chicken with sauce.
Top with chopped green onions and serve with extra sauce if desired.
- Change up the protein and try this same sauce on shrimp, chicken thighs, pork, or beef.
- Serve chicken with pasta, egg noodles, white rice, a side of vegetables, cauliflower rice, zoodles, or simply by itself with a matching viral side dish recipe.
- Cut up chicken and into chicken lettuce wraps.
- Instead of full chicken breasts, slice into chicken tenderloins and serve the juicy chicken with a side of ranch dressing or yum yum sauce.
Yes! We loved the TikTok version of Bang Bang chicken.
There are quite a few steps, and you will need to plan this ahead since it needs to marinate. Do not skip that step, or you will be missing out on valuable flavor.
- TikTok loves its chicken! Make sure to try this tiktok crack chicken in a crockpot.
- Better than the original, Flamin’ Hot Cheeto Chicken Bites.
- Sweet honey buttered fried chicken recipe.
- This viral corn side dish brings the spice!
- TikTok Mexican Style Chicken with Nacho cheese.
- Nashville hot chicken tenders is another great spicy Foodtok invention.
Leave A Reply!