Bread pudding with simple white bread and raisins is a foolproof dessert that will remind you of how grandma used to make it.
Bread Pudding Recipe with Raisins
This is an easy and simple bread pudding recipe. Once you know the basics, you can get fancy and make apple or pumpkin bread pudding, or test out additional fall flavors like nutmeg or allspice.
Perfect to eat warm out of the oven, you can use left over bread to spoon up this cinnamon, raisin and sugary fall favorite. Although not diet friendly, its worth every last bite to break the fast!
As it is, its an easy recipe and every bite is good down home from scratch cooking.
This particular easy bread pudding recipe uses white bread, however I have an amazing more unique bread pudding that uses cinnamon bread, brown sugar and amazing custard glaze. If you prefer a more luxurious bread pudding, try Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding with Caramel Custard Glaze here.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- white bread
- melted butter
- white sugar
- ground cinnamon
RELATED RECIPES WITH BREAD: Orange Bread Recipe, Easter Bread Recipe, Easy No Knead Dinner Rolls Recipe, Biscuits and Gravy Casserole Recipe, Apple Cinnamon Bread Pudding Recipe, Apple Breakfast Bake Recipe, Cinnamon French Toast Breakfast Casserole Recipe, Blueberry Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Quick Bread Pudding Recipe
Bread Pudding Tips:
- This is quick to whip up, about 10 minutes but I let mine set for 30 minutes before baking so that the bread can soak up the egg and milk.
- You can drizzle with vanilla glaze or caramel topping if you want some extra sweet
How to Make a Simple Bread Pudding
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Cut bread into 1″ cubes with a bread knife.
Place bread into prepared dish.
Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with raisins.
In a separate bowl add eggs and whisk until combined.
Stir in whipping cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.
Pour over bread. Let set for 30 minutes before baking for 40-45 minutes.
Southern Bread Pudding with Raisins
- 6 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1" cubes with a bread knife. Place bread into prepared dish.
- Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with raisins.
- In a separate bowl add eggs and whisk until combined.
- Stir in milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well. Pour over bread.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (watch oven and check around the 35 min mark, once knife comes out clean, bread is done)
- Serves 6-8