No bake 5 minute Cherry Cheesecake Dip is absolutely one of the best dessert dips EVER. Combining Philadelphia cream cheese, Cool Whip Topping, Marshmallow Crème (fluff) and canned pie filling creates a creamy, smooth and simply satisfying dip that a whole crowd will love.
In fact this dip is so easy to make that there is no need for a party or celebration (although it looks beautiful displayed or those). Just whip up this dip for a perfect Sunday afternoon or a rich dessert while watching a movie. The cream cheese base with canned cherry pie filling is a yummy way to end the meal OR the night.
And while shortbread cookies, pretzels and graham crackers are the perfect way to dip cherry cheesecake dip, do not underrate fresh cut strawberries either.
Summer is upon us and the time is drawing near for the bike rides, the beach and back yard get togethers.
This indulgent 4 ingredient cherry cheesecake dip takes the….cake.
And with only a few sugary sweet ingredients, this cheesecake dip is also EASY to make. Like so easy you can pass it off to your 7 year old.
I think its obvious to most that cherries are the most iconic when it comes to pairing with cheesecake. However, there really are a ton of different pie filling toppings that work great and are easily interchangeable. Try apple cheesecake dip, blueberry cheesecake dip, mixed berry cheesecake dip – you get the point.
Let’s also not mince words here – dessert dips that gather together cream cheese, whipped topping and marshmallow dip also make the BEST spoons to lick after the prep is done, so its like bonus calories.
Cherry Cheesecake Ingredients
I wish I could tell you that cherry cheesecake dip was low carb….but it is not. Just like our cherry cream cheese dump cake recipe, these ingredients are meant to satisfy that sweet tooth and let you pamper those taste buds with flavor!
- Cream Cheese – When using cream cheese in dessert dips, its best to let it soften versus pulling it out of the fridge and going right into recipe prep. Cream cheese is a hardened block when its cold, so what I do is open up the foil and put it on the counter about 20 minutes prior to making dip. You can use it cold, it will just be harder to mash up. Remember never to put accidentally put cream cheese in its foil packaging in the microwave in an attempt to thaw it out.
- Cool Whip Topping – The container that you find in freezer sections of the store, but make sure it thaws out overnight in the fridge.
- Marshmallow Creme– Cans of marshmallow creme (also called fluff) can be found in the dessert/cake aisle in most stores
- Pie Filling – Cherry Pie Filling, also can be substituted for other pie filling toppers
- Dippers – A dessert dip is nothing without something to dip WITH. Recommended dippers for cherry cheesecake filling are cookies, graham crackers, Nilla wafers, Graham Cracker Sticks
The best way to Mix Dip with Cream Cheese
Dips that include blocks of cream cheese and sticky elements like Marshmallow fluff can be more challenging to stir. The best way to start a dip like this is to ensure all ingredients are properly thawed and use a SPATULA or BEATERS.
While it may be tempting to use quick electric beaters out that gate, its important to note that the fluff and cream cheese can get stuck in the center of beaters. If you use beaters, make sure to have a spatula on hand to remove any ingredients that get stuck in the center.
Cherry cheesecake dip can also be made with a spatula and good old fashioned elbow grease.
One cheesecake dip is smooth and combined, simply spread out onto a serving plate. Personally I find that a plate works better than a bowl as you can control the depth of the cheesecake dip itself.
Bowls can be smaller and denser. Plus, its such a beautiful dip when the pie filling is added on top and a plate is a far better presentation.
Cherry Pie Filling
As this is cherry cheesecake dip, we obviously used delicious red cherry pie filling for the ultimate topping. However, as mentioned initially above, other pie fillings can easily be changed out to create other cheesecake dips.
Pie fillings come in all flavors including Lemon, Blueberry, Raspberry, Mixed Berry, Poppy Seed, Rhubarb, Strawberry and even apple pie. While there are no guarantees here that every flavor is a great match (hello mince meat), if this dip is meant for a party, it might be worth offering more than one plate of cheesecake dip with varying toppings.
What to Dip in Cheesecake Dip
I know what you are thinking – why not just grab a spoon and dig in?? You CAN do that (licking the spatula is my favorite part) but cheesecake dip is one of the easiest dips to serve.
- Shortbread Cookies
- Graham crackers or graham cracker sticks
- Vanilla Wafers
- Apple Slices
- Freshly halved Strawberries
Reasons why I love Cherry Cheese Cake Dip
It can often be hard to decide what dip to make or serve. There really are so many amazing choices, that there can be a little FOMO if I am being honest. Here are a few reasons that you will love this dip:
- Making Cherry Cheesecake Dip only takes 5 minutes
- Simple ingredients are low cost and easy to find
- Easily variable with pie fillings and toppings
- No bake and ready to serve in minutes, does not require additional time to set
More Easy Party Dips
- 1 brick, 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- half of a 7oz. jar of marshmallow cream
- 1 tub, 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can, 21 oz. canned cherry pie filling
- graham crackers or short bread cookie sticks for serving
- It is important to prep for this dip and pull out and unwrap cream cheese to soften on the counter at room temp. This usually takes about 15-20 minutes. Softening cream cheese will help make combining further ingredients easier. I do not recommend microwaving cream cheese to soften it as it can melt quite quickly. Additionally, Cool Whip topping should not be frozen.
- Add softened cream cheese to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add marshmallow cream and combine well, beating till smooth.
- Now dump in Cool Whip topping and beat all ingredients together until smooth and spreadable.
- Carefully spread cheesecake dip onto a serving plate.
- Top dip with cherry pie filling.
- Serve cherry cheesecake dip immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Dippers usually include shortbread sticks or graham crackers.
Electric beaters are great to keep a dip smooth but the ingredients make get stuck inside the beater during the process. Use a spatula to push out any cheesecake dip while smoothing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.