This fluffy marshmallow fruit dip is only 2 ingredients and that is all it needs! Addictive and well loved by our audience as one of the easiest and best dips for apple dipping, 5 minutes is all you need for creamy, sweet perfection. Light and fluffy, classic marshmallow fruit dip is great for parties, potlucks or just a simple movie snack.
While there are plenty of 3 ingredient fruit dips, this dip recipe simplifies that even more with just TWO. That’s all it needs for a a flavor that makes the fruit on your fruit platter even more enticing.
In fact, this marshmallow fruit dip is quite close to my peppermint fluff Christmas dip (which is well loved!) and is a great complementary dip to have more than one flavor on a table.
What is Fruit dip made of?
Cream Cheese – Full fat cream cheese is one of the two ingredients to this dip. Cream cheese can be tough to work with has its hard out of the fridge, so it will need to be opened and softened. Just undo the packaging and place it on the counter about 15 minutes before prepping the dip. Do not microwave. As a side note, cream cheese does come in a variety of flavors and while I do believe regular cream cheese works best, you are welcome to try flavors like strawberry, blueberry or cinnamon in this dip.
Marshmallow Fluff – Marshmallow fluff is also known as Marshmallow Crème and comes in plastic jars in the baking aisle.
How to make a Fruit Platter
This easy dip recipe is one that is always gone, even from my most picky family members. And with just cream cheese and light and fluffy marshmallow crème, its obvious why.
Fruit platters work for just about any occasion (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day) and provide a predinner appetizer that will keep people out of the main dish.
Potlucks, Picnics and Church Events – If you need to bring a tray, a beautiful display of colorful fruit and a variety of fruit dips works in an instant and with NO COOKING (and no hassle).
Baby showers, weddings, vow renewals, Birthday Parties: Any time a family get together is going on in our house, fruit trays are a must! I am not a fan of store bought fruit platters as a lot of the times the juice runs together or the apples go brown, so making my own is a must! This fruit dip helps everyone eat all that cut fruit without any left because everyone loves the marshmallow dip so much.
What to serve with Marshmallow Fruit Dip
I think the name implies that you serve fruit with fruit dip. And apples, strawberries and pineapple chunks make quick work of marshmallow fruit dip. But that isn’t all! While it is called fruit dip, graham crackers, animal cookies and teddy grahams also provide a great dipper that is easy for people to hold and dollop.
As long as the fruit is fresh, juicy and ripe, fruit trays make the most perfect snack at a party. Plus, the left overs, complete with dip, go perfectly for a packed lunch box or after school snack.
Classic Fruit Platter Fruits: The most classic fruits that are commonly used on fruit platters included sliced apples (red apples, granny smith), grapes and strawberries.
Melons: Melons are so juicy and great for fruit platters. They do not hold dip as well because it tends to slide off the juicy melon, but if you cut in bite sized pieces and add a toothpick, they are still pleasant to dip. Try honeydew, watermelon, and cantaloupe.
Berries: Berries are great for marshmallow fruit dips because they tend to have a drier skin and hold a lot of dip well. Try blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries.
Unique Choices: If you want to try something unique and different for a fruit try, try dragon fruit, starfruit and kiwi.
Flavoring Fluffy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Personally I love the creamy, fluffy white dip because it looks classic and is perfect for entertaining. However, if you want to flavor the fruit dip in a particular flavor, just add a bit of FLAVORED yogurt OR a bit of Orange Juice and mix.
- Color it: This dip is simply a white fruit dip, but you could easily make it holiday or birthday customized by adding a drop or two of food coloring!
- Flavor it: I personally adore the taste of simply cream cheese and marshmallow, but if you want to mix it up, this fluff dip is a great base for little dram flavor vials. Try cotton candy or strawberry! You can also simply add a tad bit of vanilla, which is likely right in your pantry.
- Additives: Fold in mini chocolate chips, M&Ms or mini marshmallows
- Fruit: Cut up small pieces of strawberries to fold in
Can classic fruit dips be refrigerated or frozen?
Chances are you wont have any left overs, but if you do, you may be asking yourself “How long does Marshmallow Fruit Dip Last?”
Refrigeration: I have a lot of experience with dips that include cream cheese and cream cheese re-hardens in the fridge. While the dip will still TASTE great, it may be harder to DIP with fruit or crackers from fridge to table.
You can store the dip for 3-5 days in the fridge (longer if you are a rebel, but I am weird like that) but take out and let counter it sit at room temperature to get the cream cheese to re-soften.
Freezing: We say no! Anything with dairy or cream cheese never defrosts right. Make, serve and eat same day.
Or you can lick off the spoon like my little taste tester here.
More Delicious and Easy Dips
If you need more easy party dips to serve up, here are some of the best dip recipes to choose from! Everyone needs easy dips to snack on and once you have a few simple go to dip recipes, parties or just simple movie snack time will become a breeze.
Marshmallow Fruit Dip – 2 Ingredients!
- 8 oz. block of Cream Cheese
- 7 oz. can of Marshmallow Fluff
- Remove Cream Cheese from fridge and open the box and open the foil. Let the cream cheese sit on the counter at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes to soften. Do not microwave. While you can skip this step if you are in a hurry, hardened cream cheese is more difficult to whip up and gets caught in electric beaters a lot easier.
- Cream cheese and marshmallow can be combined using electric beaters. Any contents that get stuck inside the wire metal of the beaters just needs a spatula to push back into the bowl.
- Serve marshmallow fluff dip with a fruit platter with fresh sliced fruit (see article for full details on fruit serving ideas) and a variety of cookies and crackers like graham crackers and animal crackers.