Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the ultimate comfort food – Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole! This mouthwatering dish combines juicy chicken, crispy bacon, and golden tater tots, all smothered in a rich and creamy ranch sauce.
This casserole will become a family favorite with its irresistible blend of savory flavors and textures.
Whether you’re hosting a potluck or looking for a hearty weeknight meal, this easy-to-make casserole is guaranteed to satisfy.
Keep reading to discover the recipe and wow your guests with this crowd-pleasing classic.
Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Tater Tot Casserole: The Perfect Potluck Dish!
Comfort Food Perfection: Chicken tater tot casserole epitomizes comfort food. The combination of savory chicken, creamy sauce, and golden tater tots creates a warm and cozy feeling with every bite.
Casseroles are Easy to Make: This casserole is incredibly easy to prepare, making it a go-to option for busy weeknights or last-minute potlucks. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal in no time.
Versatile and Adaptive as a base: Add your favorite veggies and spices, or substitute the chicken with ground beef or turkey. This recipe can be easily adapted to suit taste preferences or dietary restrictions.
If you want a protein-free dish, try our meat-free and classic cream of chicken tater tot casserole recipe here.
- cooked and cubed chicken breast in bite-sized pieces
- cooked and crumbled bacon
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- dry ranch seasoning
- shredded cheddar cheese
- frozen tater tots (keep frozen)
Please note that this recipe requires cooked bacon and cooked chicken before assembly.
How to make Cheesy Chicken Tater Tot Casserole.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 baking casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, bacon, soup, milk, sour cream, and dry ranch dressing mix. Mix well.
- Fold in pre-shredded cheese. Add frozen tater tots and mix the chicken mixture well to combine evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and gently press down to fill the pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until bubbly and hot. Serve immediately.
What are some variations for this casserole recipe?
- Add mixed vegetables such as green beans, peas, or corn for added nutrition and flavor.
- Use different types of cream soup, such as cream of mushroom or cream of celery.
- Add spices such as garlic powder, paprika, or chili powder for an extra kick of flavor.
- Substitute ground beef or turkey for the chicken.
- You can also make this dish for breakfast! Try easy cheesy tater tot breakfast casserole here.
Try this dish without chicken!
Love all the flavors of chicken bacon ranch but want to skip the tater tots? Try our Ranch Chicken Casserole, which has egg noodles as a base.
What are some toppings for chicken bacon ranch tater tot casserole?
Some popular toppings include sour cream, diced tomatoes, chopped green onions, bacon bits, and shredded cheese.
Can you use different types of cream soups in chicken tater tot casserole?
Yes, you can use different cream soups in tater tot casserole, such as cream of mushroom or celery.
How do you store leftover casserole?
Store leftover chicken tater tot casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Chicken tater tot casserole is not gluten-free as it usually contains cream soup, which often has wheat flour as an ingredient. However, you can use gluten-free cream soup or make a homemade cream sauce using gluten-free flour.
What side dishes go well with Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole?
Chicken tater tot casserole is a hearty and filling dish that pairs well with various sides. Here are some ideas for dishes to serve with chicken tater tot casserole:
- Salad: A simple salad with a tangy vinaigrette is a refreshing and light side dish that balances out the richness of the casserole.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots provide a healthy and flavorful side dish that complements the casserole’s creamy texture.
- Garlic Bread: Garlic bread is a classic side dish that adds a touch of warmth and crunch to the meal. It’s also an excellent option for soaking up any leftover sauce from the casserole.