Sweet corn casserole combines creamed corn into a southern homemade side dish easily done from scratch.
Corn Casserole Side Dish
Typically served on a Thanksgiving table, this jiffy corn casserole recipe is so good that your plate will be empty before the dinner is done! Also check out the corn casserole video below so you can see how truly simple this sweet and savory casserole really is!
Also called southern corn pudding, this baked creamed corn casserole with jiffy mix and sweet delicious corn is as classic a thanksgiving dish as green bean casserole!
In fact, it doesn’t matter if you have fancy hasselback potatoes or unique maple bacon Brussels sprouts displayed this year, if you are missing the corn casserole your mom and grandma may think they raised you all wrong.
The best part is this corn casserole side dish recipe is SO easy to make – you can check out the video if you need help or head down to the recipe (printable recipe too) below to get started baking.
Sweet Corn Casserole Recipe
Corn casserole hands down a side dish that everyone loves. This sweet corn side dish is perfect for all upcoming fall dinners and is a veteran at being delicious.
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- cornbread mix (Jiffy)
- cream style corn
- sour cream
- 2 eggs
- white sugar
RELATED SIDE DISHES: Stove top Sweet Potatoes, Slow Cooker Black Eyed Peas, Cinnamon Southern Fried Apples, Green Beans Almondine, Green Bean Casserole, Oven Roasted Large Melting Potatoes, Boiled Red Potatoes
Nutritional info on Corn Casserole
This sweet corn casserole is NOT gluten free, paleo, keto, low carb…its delicious though! If you need something different, try this low carb cauliflower casserole, totally loaded in perfection and a lot more diet friendly.
Tips for making corn casserole
- I used Jiffy Corn Bread/Muffin mix, but I believe Betty Crocker makes a corn bread/muffin mix in a bag. You’ll just want to be sure to use the smaller, 8-9 oz size.
- You can always reduce the sugar to 1/4 cup and some do not use it at all – but I do in my recipe.
Corn Pudding Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×9 square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a mixing bowl combine butter, cornbread, corn, creamed corn and mix well.
Stir in sour cream, eggs and sugar and mix well.
Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
Cut into squares and serve.
- 1/2 cup, 1 stick, melted butter
- 1 small package, 8.5 oz. Jiffy Cornbread Muffin mix
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, cornbread muffin mix, corn, creamed corn and mix well.
- Stir in sour cream, eggs and sugar and mix well.
- Spoon corn casserole batter into prepared pan.
- Bake casserole for 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
- Cut sweet corn casserole into squares and serve.
Serving Size:9 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1162Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 2088mgCarbohydrates: 179gFiber: 16gSugar: 60gProtein: 19g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.