This TikTok Salad with onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and dill is not only a healthier dish option but an incredibly delicious and fresh salad that makes a perfect side dish recipe or a no-guilt lunch.
While this salad is not new to the food blogging community or the ordinary kitchen chef, it began to pop up as everyone looked for spring and summer salad recipes to enjoy.
Bite after bite, this salad BURSTS with flavors (and tomatoes!) in this fast and easy-to-make salad recipe.
Why you will love this Viral Salad Recipe
This marinated cucumber, tomato, and red onion combine the crispest vegetables with perfect seasonings.
Simple ingredients are delicious! Unlike creamy cucumber tomato salads that include sour cream or mayo, this TikTok salad recipe relies on the flavor-filled white vinegar and extra virgin olive oil to pull it all together.
The best part about a salad, whether you need a picnic, party, or potluck recipe, is that it’s effortless to alter.
Add other cut-up vegetables for a super robust version that packs a punch of ridiculously good flavor.
When we saw it hit the FYP on TikTok, this recipe was referred to as a “Favorite Salad.” Admittedly, it’s one of ours too!
- fresh cucumber – Slice regular cucumbers or English cucumbers in half.
- Grape tomatoes – This salad has grape tomatoes, but it’s OK to use any cherry tomatoes or other small ripe tomato varieties. To provide the most flavor, quarter the fresh tomatoes.
- Red onion – Red onions have quite a bit of kick to them, so dice down thin.
- Seasonings: fresh dill, salt, and black pepper.
- Olive oil – While oils can sometimes be interchangeable, salads should never be made with vegetable or canola oil.
- White vinegar – White vinegar, apple cider vinegar, rice vinegar or wine vinegar work well. Just understand each flavor profile before switching it up.
- White sugar – This salad includes the tiniest bit of white sugar to balance the acid, but skipping sugar won’t be an issue if you are on a Keto or Low carb diet.
How to make TikTok Cucumber, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
- Prep all vegetables – cucumbers should be halved, juicy tomatoes should be quartered, and red onion should be sliced thin. When working with cucumbers, skin can be left on or off. As you can see we like to partially shave the skin off to make a striped look on the outer rim of the cucumber. This looks very pretty in a salad!
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until combined well and evenly coated.
- This salad can be eaten right away, but the vinegar should be marinated for the best taste due to its nature. We recommend refrigerating salad for 4 hours as a minimum but tastes best when planned 24 hours in advance.
- Mix the salad well before serving to remove the settled dressing.
How long does tomato-cucumber salad keep?
We believe that this recipe can be eaten for about three days when cold and sealed in an airtight container.
Can this salad be made in advance?
This salad SHOULD Be made ahead. There are no rigid and fast rules about eating a freshly prepped salad; this particular version tastes best cold after 24 hours of true marination of the vegetables.
What are common variations to this TikTok salad recipe?
If wanting to add other fresh vegetables, cut-up red, yellow, and green peppers would go great. Additionally, thinly sliced carrots would bring color and crunch and go great with the oil and vinegar dressing.
Other great additions would be olives, feta cheese (similar to a Greek Salad recipe), blue cheese, sweet onion, balsamic, or minced garlic.
Related Viral Side Dish Recipes
- Need a quick snack? Try tiktok air fried onions that have a light golden brown crunch.
- This caliente corn casserole recipe has the perfect amount of kick and is great for Thanksgiving.
- Did you know you can eat watermelon rinds?
- New Year, New You! Spicy and keto-friendly, this Nashville Hot Cauliflower recipe proves diet food doesn’t have to be boring.
- Why don’t you marinate some pickles in ranch too?
Leave A Reply!