Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is a fresh salad recipe packed with grape tomatoes and red onions. Dripping in a delicious olive oil, lemon, and red wine vinegar base, this is a healthy salad recipe that takes under 10 minutes to make, looks fancy, and tastes so light that you still have room for dips.
Cucumber Tomato and Feta Salad
There are so many ways to enjoy cucumbers and with feta cheese, blue cheese, or goat cheese is probably the best way. I just love how the cheese provides a little bit of melt into the veggies when you eat and I can flavor it with tang!
✔ Flavorful ✔Healthy ✔ Perfect Lunch Salad
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese OR blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
RELATED CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPES: Vinegar Cucumber Salad, Creamy Cucumber Dill Salad, Avocado Cucumber Salad
Preparation Tips to make the best cucumber tomato onion and feta salad:
- I used a carrot peeler to peel away a bit of the cucumber skin to make it “fancy” for the summer salad.
- I also used grape tomatoes, but you can certainly use cherry tomatoes instead.
- Salt and Pepper is optional, but seasoning can be the difference in a good salad and a great one. I like freshly ground peppercorn and sea salt.
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Red Wine Vinegar
- Slice the ends off the cucumbers and discard.
- Use a carrot peeler or knife to remove a strip of skin all all the way around the cucumber.
- Slice cucumber into thin slices and put in a mixing bowl.
- Add halved grape tomatoes, chopped red onion and chopped green pepper to bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and remaining spices to make your salad dressing. Make sure dressing is mixed well – a whisk works best.
- Pour your dressing over your vegetables and gently toss to make sure cucumbers and tomatoes get the full value of the dressing.
- Refrigerate tomato salad for at least an hour.
- Prior to serving, stir well before serving and sprinkle with feta cheese
While this particular Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is full of veggies, if you are looking for a sweet option, try adding some watermelon chunks in the mix!
Do not forget to refrigerate this salad for at least an hour and stir well before serving and sprinkle with your soft cheeses.
Adding Protein to your Cucumber Tomato Salad
Don’t be afraid to mix it up and add some chicken or light seafood fair protein to the meal. While its already a great healthy option for lunch or a cold side salad, this salad is also delicious as a full on meal and can be altered pretty easily.
Dietary Information: Great information – this Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad is LOW CARB and GLUTEN FREE.
What kind of Vinegar to Use?
Types of vinegar really vary on flavors and colors. Choosing the right vinegar for your recipe can be tricky but when it comes to salads, there are a few favorite choices.
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- White Wine Vinegar
Can you substitute Feta for other Cheeses?
You can absolutely substitute feta for other cheeses. Of course then it wouldn’t be a tomato cucumber FETA cheese salad, but blue cheese and goat cheese also work wonderfully and are just as delicious (I used blue cheese in my video!)
Cheese choices can be really personal and I encourage you to mix up the “Greek” or “Mediterranean” vibe with other choices.
Now I would not recommend going with any shredded cheeses with this salad. The soft cheese or chunks of mozzarella would work best for texture and taste reasons.
AMAZING SALAD RECIPES!
Personally I love salads. I could probably eat a breakfast salad, lunch salad, dinner salad…OK, I may be pushing it on a breakfast salad, but in general, bits of veggies and protein are something I can feel guiltless about all day and truly enjoy. And honestly there are so many side dish salad possibilities!
Just here on my recipe site you can find these amazing salad recipes!
- Italian Pasta Salad with Pepperoni
- Cucumber tomato avocado salad with dressing
- Classic Ambrosia Salad Recipe
- Caprese salad with Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Bean Salad with Feta
Please share in the comments so we can continue to provide your creative ideas to anyone that may be considering making this recipe.
You can find us over on Pinterest and all our brand new recipes here.