Move over Baked Feta Pasta! This viral TikTok Baked Mostaccioli is where it’s at.
Incredibly creamy, hearty, and full of bold flavors, this meal is just like grandma used to make – but better.
Layered with a homemade meat sauce, mostaccioli pasta, and lots of cheese, this recipe is one of the best things to come out of going viral.
Why you will love making Creamy Meat Sauce!
Pasta bakes are perfect for a family. No matter whether you call this recipe mostaccioli or baked ziti, this dish is perfectly filling for weeknights.
Also, making great leftovers, the hearty meat sauce and cheesy topping can be prepared ahead for an instant and easy dinner.
Classic – The modern world has us testing all sorts of newer types of dinner recipes, but baked pasta has that down-home, old-fashioned, classic grandma taste that we all crave when we sit down at the table.
The creamy meat sauce is bite-after-bite delicious.
See the full TikTok video recipe below.
This recipe was started by creator @Li.x.Lia
- mostaccioli pasta – already cooked
- ground beef
- seasonings: garlic powder, dried oregano, salt, and ground black pepper.
- Worcestershire sauce
- pasta sauce
- heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- chopped Italian parsley, optional for serving
How to make Baked Mostaccioli
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining and keeping the pasta warm.
- Ground beef in a skillet and drain grease. Season with garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix well.
- Stir in pasta sauce and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, combine butter and flour and heat over medium heat, whisking well.
- Add whipping cream and Parmesan cheese and cook until bubbly and thick. Add half a cup of pasta water and pasta and stir into the mixture.
- Remove from heat and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Top with the beef mixture and 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Bake mostaccioli for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
This pasta dinner can be served with nearly any type of pasta. A commonly used noodle is penne. To have fewer carbs, try zoodle noodles or spaghetti squash.
Did we like this Baked Mostaccioli Recipe?
YES! This is GOOODDD! I mean, cheese and heavy whipping cream are a rich, delicious, fattening, creamy sauce!
The next level for this would be to swap the hamburger for ground Italian sausage!
Sides to Serve with Mostaccioli
Typically, pasta recipes like this Mostaccioli with a creamy meat sauce are enough on their own. The thick pieces of pasta keep you super full.
That said, pasta dishes look bland, and a healthy side of veggies can bring some much-needed color and lightness to the plate.
Try one of these viral side dish recipes below:
- Marinated Tomatoes with Red Onions – gorgeous, flavorful, and with few ingredients.
- Is it an Italian dinner if you do not have garlic bread?
- That tiktok green goddess salad recipe took everyone on a ride last year!
- Lastly, break out the air fryer for these viral green beans.
Is Baked Ziti and Mostaccioli the same thing?
Yep. We have a different (and also viral) TikTok Baked Ziti recipe here.
It varies in that it also has Ricotta, which makes it very delicious.
Related Viral Dinner Recipes
Millions of people have tried and love TikTok Crack Chicken.
You won’t believe how perfect this homemade tortellini hamburger helper is. WOW.
The elusive chicken breast is impossible no more. Juicy Chicken 101 is here to help you get a perfect breast every time.
Kid-friendly, this tiktok tater tot hotdish recipe will keep everyone happy.
Baked Mostaccioli with Creamy Sauce (TikTok Viral)
- 16 oz. mostaccioli pasta cooked
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 24 oz. pasta sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- chopped Italian parsley optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining and keeping pasta warm.
- Ground beef in a skillet and drain any excess grease.
- Season beef with garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix well.
- Stir in jar of pasta sauce and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9×13 baking pan. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, combine butter and flour and heat over medium heat, whisking well. Pour in heavy whipping cream and shredded Parmesan cheese and cook until bubbly and thick.
- Add half a cup of pasta water and cooked pasta and stir the mixture all together. Remove cheesy pasta from the heat and pour it into the prepared baking dish.
- Top pasta layer with beef mixture and 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.