Tiktok Green Goddess Salad (or dip) is one of the most versatile recipes to come out of the platform in the past year.
Incredibly addictive, this green-tinted salad is full-on next level mouthwateringly tasty, and packed with fresh herbs and veggies.
Why you should make TikToks Green Goddess Salad.
Healthy but Tasty – Not all viral recipes to come out of TikTok are healthy. Take for example this hot cocoa dip recipe, TikTok rainbow kettle popcorn, and ice cream creme brulee.
But this dish is full of great ingredients (like cucumber!) that you can feel good about eating. It stores just fine for a few days and you can eat again and again without any guilt.
Where did Green Goddess Salad Recipe come from?
Throughout the many many years of recipes, Green Goddess has made its appearance in many forms. This particular recipe was inspired and tested by @bakedbymelissa on TikTok and it saw many a viral success in 2021. Testing it was our pleasure!
See her original recipe and video here:
Baked by Melissa also has a blog that ships cupcakes! Perfect for a TikTok Birthday party.
- Fresh Base: Fresh cabbage, cucumbers, and green onions.
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing Ingredients: Fresh spinach leaves, fresh basil leaves, olive oil, walnuts, lemon juice, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and salt.
- If eating as a green goddess dip: Tortilla chips or corn chips for serving.
How to make Green Goddess Salad or Dip
- Add baby spinach, basil, extra-virgin olive oil, walnuts, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and salt to a food processor and process on high until smooth.
- Mix together diced head of cabbage, crisp cucumber, and green onions in a large mixing bowl.
Prep: The original recipe is all about the prep! Make sure to have a super sharp knife and a huge bowl to mix with. Taking time to cut down the vegetables properly will ensure the best combo of herbs and fresh flavor of the green veggies in every bite.
- Pour dressing on top of greens in a bowl and mix well. Optional: Season with extra salt.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate, letting flavors mingle and stirring before serving with chips.
What is Green Goddess Salad?
This hearty, healthy salad is incredibly delicious and full of so many amazing flavors. Perfectly light, there is nothing greasy or heavy, allowing the full flavors of Green Goddess to come through.
Flavorful and simple, this recipe is all about chopping. Once the cabbage, green onions, and cucumbers are diced down to their smallest potential, the fresh homemade salad dressing pulls it all together.
Why is it called “Green Goddess”?
Green Goddess was originally the name of a salad dressing that has been around a long time. Typically a dip for veggies but just as good on an actual salad, there have been many variations of this dish that date all the way back to 1948. From Green to Greek, this salad is as popular today as it has been for generations.
While the original Goddess dressing recipes often include mayo and even anchovy fillets (or anchovy paste) the recipe has evolved to mainly include fresh herbs from the garden.
There are several main grocery store brands that also put out bottles of Green Goddess.
Was it actually good?
YES! We found this viral TikTok recipe was worth the make.
How to eat Cabbage Salad.
Typically salads are reserved for forks and with diced down vegetables, eating this Green Goddess Cabbage salad won’t feel entirely like a traditional salad. Perfect as a side dish, this recipe is fantastic with a side of chicken or a burger.
That being said, the vegetables and light herb dressing make this recipe also great as an appetizer dip or filler. Scoop up with homemade tortilla chips, pita chips, or corn chips, or add as a topping to a hamburger or in a tortilla wrap.
Can this dressing be made creamier?
Absolutely. If you prefer a creamy base, add some mayo, sour cream, or Greek yogurt to the dressing base.
TIP: Try this recipe in a Tortilla Wrap!
- Instead of walnuts, try pine nuts for better nutty flavors.
- There are many other fresh vegetable choices that can be added to mix up this dish to your own liking. Try mixing in diced avocado right before serving. Keep in mind that ripe avocado does brown so it’s not an ingredient that you want to add too far ahead of time. A little bit of onion is also a flavorful choice.
- Cheese: Sharp cheeses like feta cheese complements the Green Goddess dressing.
- Mix up the seasonings: Garlic clove, fresh chives, lime juice, fresh dill, fresh parsley, and kosher salt all go great.
Related Viral Recipes
- The easiest way to make no peel hard boiled eggs.
- Tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onions make up this beautiful Shirazi Salad Recipe!
- The year grated eggs became a thing.
- Ranch + pickles are a crazy good snack.
- Addictive Crack Chicken is your new favorite recipe.
- Did you know that pickles and ritz crackers are the perfect appetizer?
Leave A Reply!