If you have never had Air Fried Green Beans, I am about to change your world. Fresh green beans have never tasted better with this super simple way to crisp them up to pure tastiness.
Double dipped in flour and parmesan, these viral TikTok Green Beans air fry up golden brown and take under 10 minutes to plate.
Side dish, lunch, snack or appetizer, you will never look at green beans the same again. Let’s get started!
Why you will love this Green Bean Side Dish
This recipe is just as good for a personal batch as it is for the entire family. The best part of all? They are so easy to make that even picky eaters like my daughter loves them.
Quick: While prepping can take about 10 minutes, air frying is under 10 minutes, making this recipe a great snack as well.
Easy to alter – We keep it simple with grated parmesan, garlic, salt, and pepper, but if you want a little spice, cayenne works fantastic. Other great choices to season the beans are Italian Seasoning or Lemon pepper.
- 1 pound fresh green beans: washed, dried, and ends removed
- all purpose flour
- grated parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- season with salt & ground black pepper
Expert Tips & Recipe Variations
- For the best flavor, beans should be bright green color, without black marks and slightly stiff texture. These are all indications of a fresh bean, giving you the best chance for a gorgeous delicious side dish with dinner.
- Any time you are coating chicken or vegetables in multi-dishes, it gets a bit messy. We make sure the bowls are completely set up prior to getting started.
- Because the subsequent batch of beans have the benefit of a preheated air fryer, the time may need to be adjusted by a minute or two backwards. The first set of timing is accounting for a cold air fryer.
- While it may be tempting to use shredded or shaved Parmesan, you should use the powder Parmesan cheese as it browns the best without melting into a sticky mess. Save the shaved for a little sprinkle before serving if you like.
- Frozen beans contain a bit of moisture and we do not recommend them when making crispy air fried green beans.
- Line beans up prior to cooking and carefully cut all ends off at once.
How to Air Fry Green Beans
- Wash green beans, snap off ends and completely dry. Grab 3 seperate dishes.
- In the first shallow dish, add flour.
- In the second dish, crack 2 eggs and combine with water.
- In the third shallow dish, combine Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix all seasonings well.
- Place a small handful of clean and dried beans into the flour mixture and toss to coat.
- Dredge beans in egg wash mixture and toss to coat.
- Add tos easoned Parmeasn cheese mixture and toss to coat.
- Place into the air fryer in a single layer. Select the air crisp function and cooking time is approximately 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees. Work in batches and when the first batch is done, continue to cook the remaining beans. See note on timing when working with a hot air fryer.
What dipping sauce to serve with Green Bean “Fries”?
While these beans are a great side dish, they can also be the perfect snack too! Serve air fryer green bean fries with Ranch dip, Green Goddess, or cucumber dip as a dipping sauce.
Do the beans need to be pre-soaked to Air Fry?
Absolutely not. Fresh green beans need ends snipped and go right to seasoning and frying.
Is air frying healthy?
Air frying can be a healthier alternative to vegetable or olive oil, and each recipe will be individually unique. The best part is that air fryers help deliver crunchy food without heavy deep frying.
What air fryer is the best to use?
I personally love the Ninja Foodi all in one. While I agree it’s a bit heavy and bulky for regular counter use, I love having one appliance over several. Here are more Ninja Foodi Recipes. No matter what Air Fryer you choose to use, it’s best to keep beans not piled up and rather in a single layer.
You want to give them an opportunity for air to circulate around the green beans.
Are these air fryer beans keto?
This particular recipe is not keto as it uses regular All-Purpose Flour, but in the past, we have used Almond Flour with amazing results, and that is better for low carb or Keto.
See almond flour in action with this Low Carb Fried Zucchini Recipe here.
If making more than one batch – note timing
In this recipe, the timing assumes NO preheating. The issue is, if you doing a lot of batches, the air fryer is preheated, so the timing change.
Cook Time: 7 minutes for the first batch and then 4-5 minutes for subsequent batches because the air fryer is already hot.
Related Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fried Babybel Cheese Rounds
- Frozen to Air Fried Mozzarella Sticks
- Ninja Foodi Salsa Verde
- Air Fried Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Frozen to Air Fried Corn Dogs
- Air Fried Salmon
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Apples
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Deep Fried Oreos
Connect with Us!
If you try this recipe, please leave a review in the comment section – Your review helps others and is appreciated. Ensure you never miss a new side dish recipe by following us on Pinterest and signing up for our recipe email list!
Comments & Reviews
Angela Chapman says
Can you use frozen green beans?
Trisha Haas says
I haven’t tested it that way but these are my thoughts – frozen green beans will have some moisture in them that *may* leak a bit into the whole crispy outside. My instinct says that it would overall be fine other than needing less time (as they are already cooked) in the air fryer. Unfortunately I haven’t actually done it but I wouldn’t be afraid to try it and just shorten the time.