Crockpot Pineapple chicken, also known as Aloha chicken or Hawaiian Chicken, is an amazingly easy and filling meal with a perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Why you will love making Hawaiian Chicken.
Crock-pot Hawaiian chicken is so incredibly easy to make and perfect for busy weeknights.
With only three ingredients, this pineapple chicken recipe is easy to dump in the slow cooker and go; It’s also one of the simplest recipes on your menu this month and one of my family’s favorite chicken recipes of the year.
Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Ingredients
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Crushed pineapple, canned
- BBQ Sweet BBQ Sauce – Unlike other Pineapple chicken recipes, there is no need to pile up the sauce ingredients. A complete meal, full of great flavor profiles, comes right in your favorite BBQ sauce, and is perfect to season chicken.
How to make Hawaiian BBQ Chicken
This crockpot Hawaiian pineapple chicken recipe is truly easy.
If you can turn on your slow cooker, you are in!
- Add boneless, skinless chicken breasts to the slow cooker/crock pot.
- Empty a bottle of BBQ sauce over the chicken breasts, making sure they are totally covered. You can use a regular-sized bottle of BBQ sauce. I had half of a large one left and used that, and it was plenty. I also use a sweet honey BBQ sauce to bring out more of the sweet flavor in this barbecue chicken dish, but feel free to adjust to your taste.
- Dump a can of crushed pineapple directly into the pot.
- Slow cook canned pineapple and chicken for 8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high for soft pull-apart chicken pieces. Tender Chicken should easily shred and be pulled apart with two forks.
Easy Chicken Recipe Variations
- Use fresh juicy pineapple; just cut it down into smaller fresh pineapple chunks to make the bites easier upon serving.
- Add more seasoning for extra flavor! Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste, ground or fresh ginger, brown sugar, garlic powder, and soy sauce are all complementary homestyle flavors for the Aloha chicken sauce mixture.
- You can also use chicken thighs but may adjust the slow cooking time as a result. Boneless chicken thighs tend to have a ton of flavor in a pineapple chicken recipe!
- Toppings that go well with this tangy sauce and juicy chicken are a spattering of green onions for color or pepper flakes for a little heat.
Do you have to remove pineapple juice?
Nope!! Do not remove or drain any excess juice in this pineapple chicken.
However, if the chicken is cooked and you are ready to serve and feel like the pineapple juice mixture is too runny, you can take a tablespoon of cornstarch, add a little bit of hot water, and stir.
Add cornstarch slurry to the crockpot and stir. Set for 10 minutes, and the tangy pineapple sauce will thicken up nicely.
What side dish recipes go with Hawaiian Chicken?
Related Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Carrots are a no-fuss side dish recipe great for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Love apple pie but hate the work? Try this no-crust crock pot apple pie recipe, a delicious alternative with all the best fall offers.
- This Crockpot Velveeta Cheese Dip recipe will keep everyone snacking during a football game – with no complaints!
- A crock pot sweet potato casserole recipe is what all the winter holidays need for a low-stress menu.
- Dump cake recipes are all the rage – get right in there with a fresh, low-fuss crockpot apple dump cake!