Roasted Carrots with fresh rosemary is a simple way to enjoy a veggie side dish tonight. Oven baked and seasoned, enjoy delicious tender crisp carrots with little to no prep to compliment almost any main dish.
Full of vitamins, carrots are one vegetable that should be in your diet and in side dishes. Perfect even raw, carrots are great in soup, salads, fried, baked, glazed or dipped in just about any sauce. Quite frankly, this carrot recipe makes easy oven roasted carrots!
This classic and easy oven baked roasted carrots recipe takes crinkle cut carrot chips from salad tossed to plate ready in a short amount of time!
Rosemary Roasted Carrots Ingredients
Before getting started on this savory roasted carrot recipe for fresh Rosemary Roasted Carrots, make sure all ingredients are hand. This recipe only needs 4 easy ingredients for a perfect carrot side dish that is fresh and full of flavor.
Once verifying all ingredients are on hand, scroll to the bottom for full measurements and instructions.
- crinkle cut carrots
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Recipe variations: Seasoned in rosemary, you can easily alter roasted carrots to include garlic, onions, or basil.
How to Roast Carrots in Oven
You do not need any special sauces to get down to the nitty gritty of delicious soft and tender carrots. Simple, sweet, and almost zero prep needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking sprayso the carrots do not stick to the pan.
- Set baking sheet aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add crinkle cut carrots and olive oil.
- Mix well to evenly coat carrots on all sides.
- Spread carrots onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Make sure none of the carrots overlap or they may burn or stick to one another.
- Sprinkle carrots with rosemary and season carrots with salt and pepper.
- Put sheet pan in oven to roast carrots.
- Feel free to flip your carrots and do both sides, but this is a choice step as they cook through just fine on one side.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
What is a Carrot Chip or Crinkle Cut Carrot?
You can find “carrot chips” or carrots that have been sliced with a crinkle cut in the produce section of the store. They are cut carrots that come in a bag and cut out some serious prep work if you are looking at sliced carrots.
Carrot chips cook quicker in the oven as they are thinner, making carrot chips the ideal crinkle cut for a quick side dish. For this particular roasted carrots recipe, I prefer these over baby carrots.
Easy Carrot Side Dish Recipes
- Always popular around Easter, this Shredded Carrot Salad with raisins is an old fashioned favorite side dish.
- Looking for a flavor change? Try mini Parmesan Roasted Carrots, which have tons of Parmesan and go great with chicken.
- Such a striking recipe, Honey Glazed Carrots use long beautiful colored carrots that go great with a holiday dinner.
- Kids love these Slow Cooker Cinnamon Carrots because of the sweetness. You will love them because of the seasonal holiday spices.
Oven Roasted Carrots
- 12 oz. bag crinkle cut carrots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add bag of carrots and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Mix carrots well to evenly coat all sides of carrots.
- Spread carrots onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer – try to keep carrots from overlapping to allow for even cooking.
- Sprinkle carrots with fresh rosemary and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Oven roast carrots for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.