Roasted Carrots with fresh rosemary is a simple way to enjoy a veggie side dish tonight. Oven baked and seasoned, enjoy delicious tender crisp carrots with little to no prep to compliment your main dish.
Roasted Rosemary Carrots
Full of vitamins, carrots are one vegetable that should be in your diet and in your side dishes.
Perfect even raw, carrots are great in soup, salads, fried, baked, glazed or dipped in just about any sauce.
This classic and easy oven baked roasted carrots recipe takes your carrot chips from salad tossed to plate ready in a short amount of time!
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this post, including all measurements and instructions, so you can follow along in your kitchen without being on your phone.
Here is what ingredients you need to gather to get started:
- carrot chips
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Recipe variations: Seasoned in rosemary, you can easily alter roasted carrots to include garlic, onions, or basil.
What is a Carrot Chip?
You can find “carrot chips” in the produce section of the store.
They are cut carrots that come in a bag and cut out some serious prep work.
Carrot chips cook quicker in the oven as they are thinner, making carrot chips the idea crinkle cut for a quick side dish.
For this particular roasted carrots recipe, you are best off with carrot chips.
How to Roast Carrots
You do not need any special sauces to get down to the nitty gritty of delicious soft and tender carrots. Simple, sweet, and almost zero prep needed.
Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray so the carrots do not stick to the pan.
Set baking sheet aside.
In a mixing bowl, add carrot chips and olive oil.
Mix well to evenly coat carrots on all sides.
Spread carrots onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
Try to make sure none of them overlap so they do not burn or stick to one another.
Sprinkle carrots with rosemary and season carrots with salt and pepper.
Put sheet pan in oven to roast carrots.
Feel free to flip your carrots and do both sides, but this is a choice step as they cook through just fine on one side.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender
SIDE DISH RECIPES
- PRESSURE COOKER ARTICHOKES RECIPE
- BOILED RED POTATOES OR PRESSURE COOKER RED POTATOES
- 10 MINUTE MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS RECIPE
- HOMEMADE SPINACH MASHED POTATOES RECIPE
- BROCCOLI CHEESE CASSEROLE RECIPE
- CORN CASSEROLE RECIPE
- CAPRESE SALAD WITH FRESH TOMATOES RECIPE
- SIMPLE SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE
- PRESSURE COOKER CORN ON THE COB
If you tried this recipe and enjoyed it or altered it in a way that was better, I would love to hear your feedback!
- 1 package, 12 oz, carrot chips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 and grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add carrot chips and olive oil.
- Mix well to evenly coat all sides of carrots.
- Spread carrots onto prepared baking sheet in a single layer - try to keep carrots from overlapping to allow for even cooking.
- Sprinkle carrots with rosemary and season with salt and pepper.
- Oven roast carrots for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Serving size is approximately 3 oz, which is serving of 4 people per roasted bag.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is automatically calculated with ingredients and serving size and may not be accurate. Please always double check with your own nutritional apps as well.