Oven Roasted Crinkle Carrots with the fresh savory taste of rosemary is a simple way to enjoy an easy carrot side dish tonight. Oven-baked and well seasoned, enjoy delicious tender-crisp crinkle-cut carrots with little to no prep to complement almost any main dish.
Full of vitamins, carrots are one vegetable that should be in your diet and side dishes.
This classic and easy roasted carrots recipe takes crinkle cut carrot chips and quickly bakes them. Due to the slim cut size, they cook quickly – about 20 minutes or less!
Perfect even raw, crinkle-cut carrots are great in soup, salads, fried, baked, glazed, or dipped in just about any sauce. Quite frankly, this carrot recipe is one of the best options for a simple side dish any night of the week.
- Crinkle cut carrots – Carrots have a natural sweetness and are perfect as a side dish recipe.
- Olive oil – The best oil to use for carrots is the robust taste of Virgin Olive Oil.
- Fresh rosemary – The woodsy smells and fresh herb flavors of a rosemary sprig keep this dish super savory.
- Kosher salt and black pepper – Do not forget the seasoning!
How to Roast Crinkle Carrots in Oven
You do not need any unique sauces to get down to the nitty-gritty of this vegetable side dish. Tender carrots are a perfect pairing for a weeknight dinner, simple, sweet, and almost zero prep needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray, so the carrots do not stick to the pan.
- Set baking sheet aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add crinkle cut carrots and olive oil.
- Mix well to evenly coat carrots on all sides.
- Transfer carrots onto a prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Make sure none of the carrots overlap, or they may burn or stick to one another.
- Sprinkle carrots with rosemary and season carrots with salt and pepper.
- Put the sheet pan in the oven to roast carrots.
- Feel free to flip your carrots and do both sides, but this is a choice step as they cook through just fine on one side.
- Bake for a cooking time of about 20-25 minutes or until carrots are fork-tender.
What is a Carrot Chip or Crinkle Cut Carrot?
You can find “carrot chips” or carrots that have been sliced with a crinkle cut in the store’s produce section.
They are cut carrots that come in a bag and cut out some serious prep work if you are looking at sliced carrots. Unlike baby carrots or whole unpeeled carrots, these slim carrots cook quickly, and even picky eaters love the crinkle!
Roasted Herb Variations (other than Salt)
Seasoned in rosemary, you can easily alter roasted carrots to include garlic powder, onion powder, fresh parsley, or basil. Many people also enjoy brown sugar carrots.
Why Oven Roasted Side Dishes Just Work.
Oven Roasted vegetables in just general taste better.
Unlike steamed carrots, sauteed carrots, or even boiled, roasted vegetables usually have a bit of texture and “bite” in them, which more people seem to love. No mooshy soft veggies mean more healthy side dishes win out when it comes to recipes the family loves.
Related Carrot Side Dishes
- This Shredded Carrot Salad with raisins is an old-fashioned favorite side dish.
- Are you looking for a flavor change? Try mini Parmesan Roasted Carrots, which have tons of Parmesan and go great with chicken recipes.
- Such a striking recipe, Honey Glazed Carrots use long beautiful colored carrots that go great with a holiday dinner.
- Kids love these Slow Cooker Cinnamon Carrots because of the sweetness. You will love them because of the seasonal holiday spices.
Connect with Us!