In a world today with tons of keto, low carb and otherwise calorie deficient food, fried anyting can feel frowned upon. But pass me the fried Oreos, fried green beans and fried pickles because life is short and these are delicious.
Crispy fried pickles are best when made in the same way you make crispy brown fried chicken – egg wash, seasoned flour, egg wash, seasoned panko crumbs. This method is dynamic with giving you the best most delicious crunch.
And while a little messy, is worth the effort.
While fried pickles have been around a long time (especially here in the south where we fry pretty much anything and everything and eat it), we got reintroduced to this incredible addicting snack on TikTok through user @BrittKHam, who has the cutest accent ever.
Please head over and watch her charming video after printing the recipe below to follow along!
Crispy Fried Pickles Recipe
A serious crowd-pleasing appetizer, every crunchy is incredibly tasty and satisfying!
The thing we like the most about addicting deep TikTok Fried pickles it’s as easy to make a personal snack of 3 pickles as it is to make an entire fried pickle tray for a party.
- Egg – the amount of eggs you need depending on how many pickles you fry, but 4 eggs can usually get about 10 pickles quite easily. Season!
- Flour – a cup of flour in a bowl or a plate, well seasoned with garlic powder, Cayenne pepper and Slap Yo Mama seasoning.
- Panko – Seasoning matters here because this is the outside crunchy panko crumb layer, so be generous. Again, Slap Yo Mama seasoning is in the original video and we went with that as well.
Can pickles be cut into slices?
Pickles can be fried in pretty much any shape but these are Fried Pickle SPEARS. Unlike smaller oval and round pickle slices, these spears really hold the panko dipping super well and have way less slide than a cut pickle.
Spears are easier to handle, dip, and great for parties as one pickle = one serving. Grab and go finger foods are the BEST in potluck and crowd busy parties.
Why not using batter for Fried Pickles?
The batter can absolutely be used to make fried pickles (hello, Texas Roadhouse Pickles, I am looking at you) but to us, nothing is more satisfying than panko crumbs. Panko is the elite of all fried food products.
Of course, we also tried the TikTok version so to keep with the viral recipe we stayed the same, but no matter what, panko would have been the choice.
Fried Pickle Dipping Sauce
These easy pickles already provide a great flavor so the sauce isn’t needed, however, everything fried tastes awesome with something to dip it in. Here are our house FLAVORITES to dunk that pickle:
- Homemade Ranch Dip
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Yum Yum Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Honey Mustard
More TikTok Viral Recipes
- Crispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes
- Reverse Tie Dying
- Air Fryer Steak Bites with Garlic Butter
- Rainbow Popcorn
- Bang Bang Chicken
Fried Pickles (Viral TikTok Recipe)
- Remove pickles from jar and pat dry with a paper towel. Set on a sheet pan.
- Take out 3 bowls. In one bowl add flour, in one bowl crack 4 eggs (whisk together) and in the last bowl add panko crumbs.
- Add Slap Yo Mama seasoning (to liking) in each bowl, seasoning each one. Add extra garlic powder and cayenne in the flour (typically about a tsp to a tbsp. of each, depending on heat tolerance.
- Dip one pickle spear in seasoned egg, then in the seasoned flour, back into egg and then into panko crumbs. Set coated spear back on sheet pan.
- Continue coating all pickles.
- Heat oil on stove top, adding enough that it almost would come to the top of the pickle spear, about 1-2 inches of oil. Bring to medium- high heat. Do not add pickles until oil is FULLY HOT and SIZZLING.
- Using tongs, add pickles to the oil and they should sizzle immediately. Wait until brown and flip, each side should take about 1-2 minutes or less.
- Remove pickles and sit back on sheet pan. Continue until all batches are done.
- Serve fried pickles with ranch dip.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The nutritional data provided here is auto-calculated and intended for your convenience only. As it’s generated via automation, its accuracy may be compromised. For precise nutritional insight, please compute the values utilizing the actual ingredients in your recipe through your chosen nutrition calculator or application.