TikTok Ranch Pickles may soon be your favorite TikTok recipe yet! Combining a pickle jar and packets of Ranch seasoning (Yes, only 2 Ingredients!) can make magic as your next easy, tasty viral appetizer or snack.
No canning required and likely ingredients already in your pantry, these pickles are ridiculously delicious and take store-bought dill spears to next level.
Why you should make Ranch Pickles
Pickles can hold a lot of flavors: While pickles are in a class of their own – straightforward and enjoyable to eat alone or on sandwiches, these ranch pickles take ordinary basic dill pickles and one-up them with the comforting flavors of Ranch. You may have heard of Kool-Aid pickles or even vodka pickles – after all, dumping liquid in with the pickle allows them to soak up the flavors. But these ranch pickles are nothing more than a two-ingredient flavor burst of deliciousness that needs a packet of Ranch seasoning and pickle juice.
TikTok Recipes are a blast to make: We always focus on Viral Recipes that go from the screen to your kitchen. This Tiktok Ranch pickle recipe that went viral earlier this year is worth trying if you are both a pickle and a ranch flavor lover! Tangy pickles go great with hamburgers, pizza, and chicken sandwiches, but seasoning them with Ranch takes this TikTok recipe to a whole new level. Novice or expert, this is one “recipe” that won’t take much work for results. Plus, these ranch pickles are divine on this pickle cookie recipe!
Super simple: Not every recipe in the kitchen has to be complicated. This recipe is so easy that it’s a great way to get kids involved as well. Even the smallest (supervised) child can help dump and mix up the Ranch seasoning. We saw this recipe idea originally shared by @mamacookslowcarb . We loved it so much we wanted to test it and share it with you!
- Dry ranch dressing – The easiest way to get Ranch Seasoning is to purchase a packet of pre-made Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning packets from the store. Suppose you want to make a home ranch seasoning. In that case, it’s typically a combination of buttermilk powder, parsley, fresh dill sprigs, garlic powder and/or garlic cloves, onion powder, black pepper, kosher salt, and chives. I like simplifying a packet of seasoning, but you can get the same unique flavors in a homemade ranch seasoning mix.
- Dill pickle spears – Use a fresh crispy jar of amazing pickles from your favorite brand.
How to make TikTok Ranch Pickles
- Open the jar of pickles.
- Carefully sprinkle the entire seasoning packet into the jar.
- Let it set and the dressing seasoning mix will dissolve and fall into the jar. Place the cap onto the jar, tighten, and shake well. Refrigerate ranch dill pickles overnight.
- Then next day, shake well before serving. Remove pickles from the jar, shake off any excess drip, and enjoy! And here’s a tip – try serving juicy pickles with this addictive cucumber dip!
- Do not expect the pickles to have a HEAVY flavor of Ranch. After only 24 hours, these jar dill pickle spears still carry a lot of the original brine flavors with a hint of Ranch. The balance is excellent and not overpowering. While our Ranch pickles didn’t last long in our house, try leaving them past 24 hours or doubling the seasoning packet to work on a more robust flavor if you prefer.
- Sweet pickles can also take a simple pickle to the next level with just a lone jar of pickles and a packet of dry ranch seasoning mix. Try out using delicious dill pickles, sweet gherkins, and more! Experimentation is always a blast in the kitchen.
- While the original TikTok pickle recipe uses a jar of pickle spears, try pickle slices (pickle chips) as well. Dill pickle hamburger chips or butter pickle chips might be a fantastic way to test out the idea of ranch pickles. They would also taste amazing on the Big Mac Pizza Recipe!
Can you use any pickle type?
Dill pickles are highly recommended and the original recipe; however, any pickle will essentially work. Just keep in mind the more flavored a pickle already comes (like garlic or sweet), the longer the packet Ranch seasoning will need to penetrate for full flavor.
What is brine?
Brine is simply salt and water or can also combine salt, water, and vinegar. Some brines also include a sweetener like white sugar or syrups in the jar of dill pickles.
Do You Drain The Brine?
No, don’t drain the pickle brine before adding the dry Ranch seasoning powder.
How long will pickles last?
Pickle shelf life is a question that often comes up in the kitchen. How long can you store your homemade pickles before they spoil or go bad? The answer to this question depends on many factors, including how old your jars are, what type of vinegar was used when making them, where they were stored, etc. Pickles can be stored for months if they’re kept cool and dry.
Once opened, these pickles should keep up to 3 months refrigerated.
If you have leftover pickles from another batch, toss ’em back in your refrigerator until needed again.
What To Do With Leftover Pickles?
You could make some awesome sandwiches with these pickles. Or add them to salads as an extra crunchy element.
How do you make a pickle?
A pickle is simply an acidic food product preserved by salting. There are many different types of pickles, including cucumber, tomato, bell peppers, cauliflower, carrots, etc. Cucumbers or cucumber slices are most commonly used because they’re naturally low acidity and don’t require additional preservation methods like vinegar. That being said, some of the best pickles, like Dill pickles, often use vinegar for full flavor.
Related Trending Snacks
- Ready for some sweet? This hot cocoa dip recipe will be gone the minute you put it out.
- Ranch Pickles are good but these TikTok Fried Pickles are addictive!
- Lunch has never been so filling once you try this tortilla wrap hack – stuff it full of your favorites!
- All the hard work is already done when you use an air fryer – Try Air Fried Pita Bread, a snack ready in 10.
- Not sure what else you missed this year? These 2021 Viral Recipes you May have missed will catch you up.